Thread: Replay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts

Replay

I used to think the replay officials were just a rubber stamp for the umpires. However, the more I watch the more inexplicable the system becomes. It really is starting to seem that no matter the call on the field, the replay is going to go against us.

There are plenty of times it should go against us but there have been a TON of replays that have been absolutely mind boggling and they all seem to go against us.

Does someone in NY hate us? Is MLB trying to use replay to favor teams they think will give them better post season matchups? Or are the replay officials just wildly incompetent and the Braves just the unlucky recipient of their stupidity?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I used to think the replay officials were just a rubber stamp for the umpires. However, the more I watch the more inexplicable the system becomes. It really is starting to seem that no matter the call on the field, the replay is going to go against us.

There are plenty of times it should go against us but there have been a TON of replays that have been absolutely mind boggling and they all seem to go against us.

Does someone in NY hate us? Is MLB trying to use replay to favor teams they think will give them better post season matchups? Or are the replay officials just wildly incompetent and the Braves just the unlucky recipient of their stupidity?
    It's the same in football, especially where they always seem to gear their "upon further review" BS to help certain teams and hurt others.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    I didn't think the video evidence was indisputable last night. I'm not sure watching the replay whether he actually touched the bag or not. I can go along with the ruling last night.