Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilary Clinton

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts

Hilary Clinton

Why do people think she will be a good President?

Why does she have millions of fans wanting her to run, and has documenteries about her? What has she done in her career, other than marry Bill, that is substantial or worthy of all this praise?

I'm just curious. Why is everyone so convinced she's the one?

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    She's probably smarter than the last two presidents put together x2.

The lefties like her because she's female and smart, where as Palin was just female.

To me Hillary brings too much baggage. I don't want to hear about Bill and his years, they don't matter to me now. I don't want to hear about the Benghazi fiasco anymore either. If she runs, the right will do everything in her power to paint her as a terrorist.

I haven't paid much attention to politics lately, too depressing. Is Hillary considered the next Dem frontrunner for pres? Please say no.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I don't know if she's the one or not. I think everyone here knows I'm a Democrat and have been actively involved in government and politics all my adult life, but I supported Obama over her in 2008 for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was Clinton fatigue (which still plagues me).

As far as "who married who," Bill has gotten as much mileage out of the marriage as she has. I have worked on a variety of education issues during my career, and Hillary Clinton was all about early childhood education long before it was in vogue nationally. I think a lot of her legal thought surrounding early childhood and family issues promotes a viewpoint that is too intrusive (read: nanny state), but her work, while not profound, has added value to that discussion. I actually saw both the Clintons speak (in different venues) in the early-1990s (pre-White House) and her speech was a lot better. I realize one speech is an extremely small sample size, but I have always found her positions to be informed.

That doesn't mean I agree with her or expect others to agree with her. I think the difference between her and Bill and I think Hillary actually has a more defined set of core beliefs. I think Bill is a process guy who really enjoyed sitting in the Big Chair. Great politician and expert political tactician, but a little wanting at the core. I think it's easier to disagree with Hillary because she actually puts herself out there. And I think that worthy of some measure of respect.

I thought she did a decent job at State, but Benghazi will haunt her whether the blame can be appropriately laid on her desk or not.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I don't know if she's the one or not. I think everyone here knows I'm a Democrat and have been actively involved in government and politics all my adult life, but I supported Obama over her in 2008 for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was Clinton fatigue (which still plagues me).

As far as "who married who," Bill has gotten as much mileage out of the marriage as she has. I have worked on a variety of education issues during my career, and Hillary Clinton was all about early childhood education long before it was in vogue nationally. I think a lot of her legal thought surrounding early childhood and family issues promotes a viewpoint that is too intrusive (read: nanny state), but her work, while not profound, has added value to that discussion. I actually saw both the Clintons speak (in different venues) in the early-1990s (pre-White House) and her speech was a lot better. I realize one speech is an extremely small sample size, but I have always found her positions to be informed.

That doesn't mean I agree with her or expect others to agree with her. I think the difference between her and Bill and I think Hillary actually has a more defined set of core beliefs. I think Bill is a process guy who really enjoyed sitting in the Big Chair. Great politician and expert political tactician, but a little wanting at the core. I think it's easier to disagree with Hillary because she actually puts herself out there. And I think that worthy of some measure of respect.

I thought she did a decent job at State, but Benghazi will haunt her whether the blame can be appropriately laid on her desk or not.
    Even in non-baseball discussion, the SABERMETRICS COME OUTTTT.

Would you say her SAPIP (Speech Advocation Pertinence in Proficiency) is higher than Obama's or Clintons? BO gives a ton of speeches, but I'm not seeing it in the field.

What about her SARP (Speech-Approval Rating Proficiency)? Is she more likely to get a bump in the polls after a good speech? Obama started out eerily high early in his career, but now he's giving a speech every other day and the effectiveness just isn't there.
    Forever Fredi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-16-2013)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    If in non-baseball discussion, the SABERMETRICS COME OUTTTT
    I had the same thought (and, as a result, some reluctance to use that phrase) when I wrote that. This is a baseball forum first and foremost, after all.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    And how does Hillary's WAR compare to BO? I know BO spoke out against Iraq, while Hillary was for it. Wasn't sure if that had a negative effect on her WAR.
    Forever Fredi

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Why do people think she will be a good President?

Why does she have millions of fans wanting her to run, and has documenteries about her? What has she done in her career, other than marry Bill, that is substantial or worthy of all this praise?

I'm just curious. Why is everyone so convinced she's the one?
    This can't be a serious post, right? I mean, even ignoring the fact that she was a 2 term senator and secretary of state, she had an extensive career both before and during her First Lady years. Your post reads like some hyper-feminist created strawman.

If you are actually interested in the question, instead of just running her down, you could always watch those documentaries.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-16-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Does anyone have a Hillary Clapping at a Rally with her mouth creepy wide open .gif?
    Forever Fredi

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    This can't be a serious post, right? I mean, even ignoring the fact that she was a 2 term senator and secretary of state, she had an extensive career both before and during her First Lady years. Your post reads like some hyper-feminist created strawman.

If you are actually interested in the question, instead of just running her down, you could always watch those documentaries.
    I think the better question is, why are people even considering yet another left/right career politician? Thousands of soldiers dying and being wounded in pointless wars, spying on American citizens, oil prices going through the roof, the constitution being stepped on, tax dollars being wasted by the billions etc etc. All thanks to democrats and republicans. Yet Americans line up by the millions every few years to vote these idiots in with the thought that maybe...just maybe this next one will be different.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-16-2013), CK86 (08-16-2013)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    if she runs

she will be president

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I wouldn't be shocked if she loses in the primary. She just doesn't have that relateability that great politicians have. She's a little awkward.
    thank you weso1!

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    if she runs

she will be president
    God help us all. We are pointing downwards and the trend will continue.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    I think the better question is, why are people even considering yet another left/right career politician? Thousands of soldiers dying and being wounded in pointless wars, spying on American citizens, oil prices going through the roof, the constitution being stepped on, tax dollars being wasted by the billions etc etc. All thanks to democrats and republicans. Yet Americans line up by the millions every few years to vote these idiots in with the thought that maybe...just maybe this next one will be different.
    Indeed

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (08-16-2013)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Bingo. My question is more to the point of, what about her is inspiring so many folks? When all I see if the same tired and failed policies that continue to haunt us. Why are people so quick to blindly support her?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post

Though we wear different "jerseys," I think you sum things up pretty well about them. Good job.

Just think if she runs, you guys would likely get McCain and Lindsey Graham on your official support team. Those three are amigos.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    if she runs

she will be president
    Is Donna Brazille commissioning work on a crown yet?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Though we wear different "jerseys," I think you sum things up pretty well about them. Good job.

Just think if she runs, you guys would likely get McCain and Lindsey Graham on your official support team. Those three are amigos.
    The thing that puzzles me most about the OP is that Hillary Clinton was widely decried when she first hit the scene for what she believes. It was the fact that she had substance--although some disagree with that substance--that drove--and probably still drives--her opponents' criticism of her.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 08-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Didn't one of W's daughters just give her a ringing endorsement??? For those who don't want her just because they don't like/agree with her stances, etc. I feel you, for those who just don't want her because they believe all the crap Rush, etc. have been spewing all these years, I ask you this, how can she possibly be worse than the last 2 presidents we've had?? Even at her worst she's more honest than either of them, not that this says too much, but as has already been stated she actually had a core set of beliefs, like them or hate them, unlike the last two I'll say whatever it takes to get elected aholes.

That said I would take a Chris Christie type hands down, but would take Hillary hands down to a Sarah Palin or Herman Cain, or Rick Santorum type talk radio-whore or worst yet a Michelle Bachman who I honestly believe is THE worse excuse for a human being to run for president since freakin' forever. Are we even still America?? Why can't we get someone decent to run, before it's too late???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    if she runs

she will be president
    I agree with this. I'd actually be stunned if she wasn't our next president. Like her or not, she's as qualified as anyone. If she does get elected, I just hope she does well so that other women will be encouraged to run for office. The more voices involved in politics, the better imo.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CK86 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-16-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post

That said I would take a Chris Christie type hands down,
    ??
    What is a Chris Christie type?