Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick Kranitz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Like an assistant with big cans and long legs? Or like just another pitching guy to analyze film?
    Ivermectin Man

Playing the Waiting Game blueagleace1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Like an assistant with big cans and long legs? Or like just another pitching guy to analyze film?
    Haha I'd rather see #1.

You know we've acquired two Uptons....
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueagleace1 View Post
    According to someone with direct knowledge, Kranitz is a tremendous hire. Was told that AA wanted a more analytical driven pitching coach and Kranitz supposedly fits it to a tee.

Also, was told there are two names that haven't been mentioned (I haven't seen their name on this board as it pertains to the current offseason) that we're supposedly very interested in acquiring. One is a SP the other a positional player. Both very talented!
    We've talked about just every SP available, not even sure who it could be.

Regarding position player, same, but AA works quietly and his moves dont get leaked until they're done.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    We've talked about just every SP available, not even sure who it could be.

Regarding position player, same, but AA works quietly and his moves dont get leaked until they're done.
    Just for reference I’ve seen:
    Bauer
    Kluber
    Carrasco
    Greinke
    Cmart
    Bumgarner
    Noah
    Wheeler
    Degrom
    Berries.

Most of those seem really unlikely. I don’t really want a few of them. Only pitchers I could think of would be Marquez or Jon Gray from Rockies that I’d be interested in.

Position players
    Merrifield
    Haniger
    Santana
    Kepler
    Rosario
    Realmuto
    S. Perez
    Peralta
    Pederson
    Puig
    Last edited by Oklahomabrave; 12-04-2018 at 08:29 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomabrave View Post
    Just for reference I’ve seen:
    Bauer
    Kluber
    Carrasco
    Greinke
    Cmart
    Bumgarner
    Noah
    Wheeler
    Degrom
    Berries.

Most of those seem really unlikely. I don’t really want a few of them. Only pitchers I could think of would be Marquez or Jon Gray from Rockies that I’d be interested in.

Position players
    Merrifield
    Haniger
    Santana
    Kepler
    Rosario
    Realmuto
    S. Perez
    Peralta
    Pederson
    Puig
    Morton has been mentioned, but not sure it was ever in the context of the Braves signing him. Drew Pomeranz is also a free-agent sleeper that hasn't been mentioned IIRC. Lance Lynn would also fit as a potential sneaky under-the-radar pickup on the cheap.

As for trade candidates that haven't been talked about much - if at all - you've got Taillon, Dylan Bundy, Luis Castillo, and Dinelson Lamet.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueagleace1 View Post
    According to someone with direct knowledge, Kranitz is a tremendous hire. Was told that AA wanted a more analytical driven pitching coach and Kranitz supposedly fits it to a tee.

Also, was told there are two names that haven't been mentioned (I haven't seen their name on this board as it pertains to the current offseason) that we're supposedly very interested in acquiring. One is a SP the other a positional player. Both very talented!
    Well Nimmo or conforto certainly qualifies if this Mets/Marlins thing is real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Morton has been mentioned, but not sure it was ever in the context of the Braves signing him. Drew Pomeranz is also a free-agent sleeper that hasn't been mentioned IIRC. Lance Lynn would also fit as a potential sneaky under-the-radar pickup on the cheap.

As for trade candidates that haven't been talked about much - if at all - you've got Taillon, Dylan Bundy, Luis Castillo, and Dinelson Lamet.
    He said the players are very talented... Lynn and Pomeranz are both over 30 and suck

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    He said the players are very talented... Lynn and Pomeranz are both over 30 and suck
    Under 30, eh? Missed that - must've just been in the post on your computer.

"According to someone with direct knowledge, Kranitz is a tremendous hire. Was told that AA wanted a more analytical driven pitching coach and Kranitz supposedly fits it to a tee.

Also, was told there are two names that haven't been mentioned (I haven't seen their name on this board as it pertains to the current offseason) that we're supposedly very interested in acquiring. One is a SP the other a positional player. Both very talented!"
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

"According to someone with direct knowledge, Kranitz is a tremendous hire. Was told that AA wanted a more analytical driven pitching coach and Kranitz supposedly fits it to a tee.

Also, was told there are two names that haven't been mentioned (I haven't seen their name on this board as it pertains to the current offseason) that we're supposedly very interested in acquiring. One is a SP the other a positional player. Both very talented!"
    my lord
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    That's why I wanted Hickey. This from MLBTR--

The Atlanta staff had some notable successes last year, but also some disappointments. Frankly, much the same could be said of the Phillies, so it’s tough assess this move from an outside perspective. Clearly, though, Kranitz enjoys plenty of respect within the industry. He previously served as pitching coach for the Marlins, Orioles, and Brewers.
    the phillies pitching overachieved last year IMO. their pitching was fantastic.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts

What are you even talking about? I never said the original quote said anything about the age. He just said the players are both very talented... you weirdly came up with Lynn and Pomeranz who are not very talented. I went further and said they were over 30, further cementing how dumb your suggestion was. One day, I'm hoping you will learn how to read. It will save you tons of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts

Wow I even reread my post and it's crystal clear. You got some major issues clv. Here let me translate for you.... it may help:

"The original poster said that both players are very talented. The two guys you mentioned, clv are not very talented at all. Additionally clv, on another note, is that they are both over 30.... thus they aren't very talented AND they are getting old... equals your idea is completely stupid."

Hope that helps

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    I hope we hear a **** ton about spin rates now with the new pitching coach. Kind of a shame that Joe is out of the booth now because it would of been funny to see his head explode.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-05-2018)