Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntrust Park Begins To Take Shape

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,830 Posts
    One thing at Turner Field has already left there. We'll see it next time at SunTrust Park.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/ba...suntrust-park/
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,830 Posts
    SunTrust Park outfield dimensions, wall heights different at new Braves stadium.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/bas...at-new-/nqgxs/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

NYCBrave (03-10-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Good news for Freeman and Markakis.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,830 Posts
    Atlanta Braves to use SunTrust Park as a standalone concert venue

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...tandalone.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,830 Posts
    Braves plan Zip Line at SunTrust Park

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...352&j=71756822

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Braves plan Zip Line at SunTrust Park

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...352&j=71756822
    Please, please let that be how pitchers come in from the bullpen....

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

bravesfanMatt (03-27-2016), clvclv (03-27-2016), Freshmaker (03-28-2016), gamecock4braves (03-27-2016), The Chosen One (03-27-2016)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    One thing at Turner Field has already left there. We'll see it next time at SunTrust Park.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/ba...suntrust-park/
    was really hoping that dumb thing wasn't heading north
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Good news for ... Markakis.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    This park sucks and looks like a corporate whore stadiun.

A franchise with a history as luxurious as the Braves deserves something better than this.

Yanks have the Facade. Fenway has the monster. Mets have the Ebbets feel. Camden has the warehouse building. Giants have the Giant glove and McCovey Cove. Royals have the Fountains. Wrigley the Ivy.

We don't have anything signature or iconic that symbolizes the Braves' history. Instead we just have these gadgets and gizmos and a 6 story comcast office building.
    Forever Fredi

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-19-2016), JohnAdcox (03-27-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post

A franchise with a history as luxurious as the Braves deserves something better than this.

Yanks have the Facade. Fenway has the monster. Mets have the Ebbets feel. Camden has the warehouse building. Giants have the Giant glove and McCovey Cove. Royals have the Fountains. Wrigley the Ivy.

We don't have anything signature or iconic that symbolizes the Braves' history. Instead we just have these gadgets and gizmos and a 6 story comcast office building.
    maybe this one can have a WS banner after its first season!!

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Maybe they can do something nice at the transit station or parking deck ... oh, wait.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-19-2016)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

As someone who's not a native, I've always found this to be one of the lamer complaints many locals have. Nothing personal your Trumpness, but consider this - the stadiums you listed ALL belong to teams that are constantly in the top-tier attendance-wise other than the Royals, and they've been in the World Series two straight years, so their attendance and revenues are way up as well. They don't necessarily need to whore themselves out for every last dollar to hope to increase payroll and cover expenses.

I completely understand the complaints about the lack of Marta access and other things that might make things more convenient for local fans to attend more often, but (in reality) that hasn't helped at The Ted, now has it? The statues outside the park have to be the iconic signature symbols since the club needs the income from the corporate mess. Unfortunately the Braves aren't in a position to forgo those profits to provide some things we'd all prefer to see instead of the Coke bottles and moo-cows because the lack of attendance has always prohibited that choice. The Braves are a "regional franchise" because they have to rely on fans who live well outside the Atlanta area to show up for games. Many of those fans live so far away that they have to make a trip "an event" - it's just not feasible for them to come out for one or two games without needing something to help distract their kids at times. There aren't that many of those kids who wouldn't drive their parents nuts if all they came to Atlanta for a weekend for was to spend 9 hours watching baseball.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    As someone who's not a native, I've always found this to be one of the lamer complaints many locals have. Nothing personal your Trumpness, but consider this - the stadiums you listed ALL belong to teams that are constantly in the top-tier attendance-wise other than the Royals, and they've been in the World Series two straight years, so their attendance and revenues are way up as well. They don't necessarily need to whore themselves out for every last dollar to hope to increase payroll and cover expenses.

I completely understand the complaints about the lack of Marta access and other things that might make things more convenient for local fans to attend more often, but (in reality) that hasn't helped at The Ted, now has it? The statues outside the park have to be the iconic signature symbols since the club needs the income from the corporate mess. Unfortunately the Braves aren't in a position to forgo those profits to provide some things we'd all prefer to see instead of the Coke bottles and moo-cows because the lack of attendance has always prohibited that choice. The Braves are a "regional franchise" because they have to rely on fans who live well outside the Atlanta area to show up for games. Many of those fans live so far away that they have to make a trip "an event" - it's just not feasible for them to come out for one or two games without needing something to help distract their kids at times. There aren't that many of those kids who wouldn't drive their parents nuts if all they came to Atlanta for a weekend for was to spend 9 hours watching baseball.
    But you missed my point. There's no architectural signature for the Braves. Your can have the 3 story Chop house restaurant and the 6 story Comcast building but what do you have that makes it unique.

There's no view of downtown, no public transit coming from the city, and all we have are A giant Chik-fil-a cow and a coke bottle? We're already giving up the name to corporate sponsorship which I'm not entirely against.

The "Giant" Glove and nice right field wall in ATT Park are signature architectural things. Yankee Stadium is basic and has sponsor ads there but they have the facade around the stadium that looks unique. Fenway needs no describing. Camden same.

If you aren't gonna have a view in the stadium at least have something aesthetic. Even Houston has the ridiculous train and outfield mesh fence so you can watch through the fence.

Our stadium looms so plain and generic it's almost a waste.
    Forever Fredi

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-19-2016), JohnAdcox (03-27-2016)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    This just looks... very meh. Random buildings.

Forever Fredi

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (03-27-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    I'm personally sick of the trend of gimmicky baseball stadiums. The hill and wall in Houston is so freaking stupid. I agree that it's a relatively generic stadium aesthetically, but they're banking on the Battery being the unique aspect that both sets it apart and gets people to the stadium. And I think it will work.

Nobody goes to Giants games to see the glove. It may seem cool to us, but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts

You must have missed the post about the cow.
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm personally sick of the trend of gimmicky baseball stadiums. The hill and wall in Houston is so freaking stupid. I agree that it's a relatively generic stadium aesthetically, but they're banking on the Battery being the unique aspect that both sets it apart and gets people to the stadium. And I think it will work.

Nobody goes to Giants games to see the glove. It may seem cool to us, but it doesn't really matter.
    Where did I say people did?

I wouldn't want anything gimmicky like the hill in Houston.

It appears we're gonna have a short porch in right for Freeman.

Each day I'm starting to miss the TED more and more over Suntrust.
    Forever Fredi

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Bring back Chief Knockahoma

Put a Tee Pee at the top of the LF bleachers.

Every time a HR hits it, play war drums, send up smoke signals and some lucky fan gets a years supply of Skip Caray memorial vodka (with the infield fly rule explained on the label) and 25 gallons of pepto.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horsehide Harry For This Useful Post:

clvclv (03-27-2016), JohnAdcox (03-27-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Where did I say people did?

I wouldn't want anything gimmicky like the hill in Houston.

It appears we're gonna have a short porch in right for Freeman.

Each day I'm starting to miss the TED more and more over Suntrust.
    I didn't say you did say that. I was just making a new observation. Unique aspects of a stadium are fine, but they don't really matter beyond a fan going, 'Oh, neat.' And for your fans who come on a regular basis, that doesn't last very long.

I can pretty much guarantee you that you won't miss Turner Field once you actually go to a game at SunTrust and experience everything around the stadium. It's not like Turner Field is unique in any way.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I didn't say you did say that. I was just making a new observation. Unique aspects of a stadium are fine, but they don't really matter beyond a fan going, 'Oh, neat.' And for your fans who come on a regular basis, that doesn't last very long.

I can pretty much guarantee you that you won't miss Turner Field once you actually go to a game at SunTrust and experience everything around the stadium. It's not like Turner Field is unique in any way.
    9 straight division titles.
    Chipper's heroics in 2012 against Phillies X2
    Andruw spiderman centerfield catch.
    Forever Fredi