Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rosenthal countinues to chronical dissent in FO

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The first spin trying to claim firing Snit isn't the FO deflecting blame for a bad season.

Wake up people. Snit was hired precisely for this reason...to be sacrificed if the rebuild didn't work out in 2017.

What exactly has to happen before folks realize the FO is in serious jeopardy of losing their jobs? Does the CEO of Liberty media have to come out and bluntly state, "they didn't win like they promised, and revenue did not meet projections" before folks wake up?

From the article:

"The Braves’ average home attendance in their first season at SunTrust is 30,750, the fifth-lowest of the 15 ballparks that have opened since 2000. Hart and Coppolella are virtually certain to pursue some big-name additions that will excite fans, and the likely arrivals of top prospects such as outfielder Ronald Acuna also will keep interest high. But if a new manager is hired and the team continues to sputter, the decision-makers will fall under scrutiny. A franchise can promise a better future and scapegoat managers for only so long"

Seriously guys, pull your heads out of the sand get a damn clue.
    This is mostly unresponsive to anything I posted.

I'm sure the front office will be in danger at some point. Whether it's next year or 2020 I don't think I or Rosenthal have any different insight on.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the decision on Snitker.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    This is mostly unresponsive to anything I posted.

I'm sure the front office will be in danger at some point. Whether it's next year or 2020 I don't think I or Rosenthal have any different insight on.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the decision on Snitker.
    LOL, so you contend if the Braves were on pace to win 80 games and Suntrust was averaging 35k per night, Snit would still be getting fired?

Seriously? You're that naive to how these aspects are related? Wow...just...wow. How does that sand taste?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    LOL, so you contend if the Braves were on pace to win 80 games and Suntrust was averaging 35k per night, Snit would still be getting fired?

Seriously? You're that naive to how these aspects are related? Wow...just...wow. How does that sand taste?
    You mean if Snitker's record as a manager were better you think he'd be more likely to keep his job?

Mind blown.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    You mean if Snitker's record as a manager were better you think he'd be more likely to keep his job?

Mind blown.
    You can't really be this dense...

There are 2 lines of thinking around here:

1. The FO needed to win in 2017 to keep their jobs
    2. The FO was safe even if they lost during another rebuilding year

Firing Snit because a bad team is playing badly is evidence that #1 is true. Snit isn't good, but no manager on the planet could win with this roster. Blaming Snit for the losing is clearly the FO making him the scapegoat to their bosses.

But like I said, go ahead and keep your head buried deep in that sand. All is well in Braves land! Derrrrp!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    The front office won't be in danger.

McGuirk and Suspenders will still be here. And maybe Hart too or he'll "retire" and Coppy will get sent packing. But then they're only gonna bring back Dayton Moore and the cycle will repeat itself.
    Forever Fredi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-22-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    fake news from deep stater and Hillary voter Ken Rosenthal. sad!
    lmao

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Is it a rumor if it's true?
    Until its confirmed.... Yes.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I don't really understand why anyone would label not picking up Snitker's option as scapegoating.

The Braves never made much of a commitment to him and he stopped exceeding expectations.

Are they going to spend much time telling the public that they feel the team underachieved? Doubtful. We will see, but I think they will either pick up the option or thank Snitker warmly for his service and make a spot for him somewhere else if he wants.

Most that follow the Braves closely likely wouldn't, but it's tough to argue that the rumblings are only rumors when a lifetime organizational soldier like Snitker admits that he's not sure he'd be willing to be "reassigned" again within earshot of someone who would publish as much. If the mention of tension didn't at least have some legs, you'd expect him to just retire and step aside gracefully - what is there for him to gain by making waves?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Until its confirmed.... Yes.
    How will we know it's confirmed? How many sources must come out?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    How will we know it's confirmed? How many sources must come out?
    I'm not going to continue this back and forth. I have made my point. That is sufficient.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    You can't really be this dense...
    You are arguing with a person who thinks the Tex trade was the right move, even with the benefit of hindsight, and doesn't believe the players we gave up in that trade would have made much difference for our team in the years following that. It's really not worth your time to try and discuss and convince 77 of anything.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auyushu View Post
    You are arguing with a person who thinks the Tex trade was the right move, even with the benefit of hindsight, and doesn't believe the players we gave up in that trade would have made much difference for our team in the years following that. It's really not worth your time to try and discuss and convince 77 of anything.
    Because that statement was full of "convincing discussion"?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    My goal has been to stop going back and forth with the clueless members of the board. I have good days and bad days with respect to that goal.

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    I will say that I basically never see firing a bad/mediocre manager as a desperation move. It's getting rid of a problem. Hiring that person may be a desperation move, however.
    AKA International Bonus Pool Slot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    My goal has been to stop going back and forth with the clueless members of the board. I have good days and bad days with respect to that goal.
    Yeah, I have those moments myself even though I've been trying to do the same. Typically it's thethe that drags the WTF dude comments out from me despite myself, even though I think he's been a tremendously better poster since he came back and I know it's just thethe being thethe with the eternal optimism. But sometimes the thethe WTF power is too strong.

I just figured I'd give you the heads up, as 77, while not someone I find myself disagreeing with all the time, has been on my don't argue/discuss with ever list since he told me it wasn't a sure thing having a close to 4 WAR Matt Harrison and 4 WAR Andrus would have helped us get another 1 or 2 wins in 2011 and make the playoffs and he thought making the Tex trade was the right move anyway because we a chance at the playoffs in 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Because that statement was full of "convincing discussion"?
    I really only read the first line of the post and saw who he was responding to, so figured I'd give him the heads up. But you are really one of the last posters on this board that should be calling anyone out for statements lacking in "convincing discussion". You just recently were trying to claim you were just throwing crap at the wall/trolling when you were making dumb trade ideas/posts for goodness sakes, that's about as far from convincing discussion as you can get.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Yeah, I have those moments myself even though I've been trying to do the same. Typically it's thethe that drags the WTF dude comments out from me despite myself, even though I think he's been a tremendously better poster since he came back and I know it's just thethe being thethe with the eternal optimism. But sometimes the thethe WTF power is too strong.

I just figured I'd give you the heads up, as 77, while not someone I find myself disagreeing with all the time, has been on my don't argue/discuss with ever list since he told me it wasn't a sure thing having a close to 4 WAR Matt Harrison and 4 WAR Andrus would have helped us get another 1 or 2 wins in 2011 and make the playoffs and he thought making the Tex trade was the right move anyway because we a chance at the playoffs in 2007.
    Haha yeah, just had exchange with thethe that went something like this...

Thethe: Newk has a solid ground ball rate!

Me: Newk has a below average ground ball rate.

Thethe: he has a solid ground ball rate for a strikeout pitcher!

Me: Newk also has a below average ground ball rate compared to all pitchers with 9+ K/9

Thethe: well Newk is great because he has elite velocity!

Me: Newk has plus velocity, not close to elite velocity.

Then folks jumped in to argue semantics of "plus" and "elite", despite the fact those terms are well defined in scouting circles. They also tried to throw in additional qualifiers like being LHed and being a rookie.

So...I realized I was pointlessly arguing with morons and gave up haha.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-22-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Haha yeah, just had exchange with thethe that went something like this...

Thethe: Newk has a solid ground ball rate!

Me: Newk has a below average ground ball rate.

Thethe: he has a solid ground ball rate for a strikeout pitcher!

Me: Newk also has a below average ground ball rate compared to all pitchers with 9+ K/9

Thethe: well Newk is great because he has elite velocity!

Me: Newk has plus velocity, not close to elite velocity.

Then folks jumped in to argue semantics of "plus" and "elite", despite the fact those terms are well defined in scouting circles. They also tried to throw in additional qualifiers like being LHed and being a rookie.

So...I realized I was pointlessly arguing with morons and gave up haha.
    Newcomb has, by far, the most elite velocity AND the best ground ball rate of any left-handed rookie pitcher from Brockton, MA that used to play for the Angel's org and once threw a no-hitter against Yale. Its not even close. So technically thethe was right. Technically....

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Newcomb has, by far, the most elite velocity AND the best ground ball rate of any left-handed rookie pitcher from Brockton, MA that used to play for the Angel's org and once threw a no-hitter against Yale. Its not even close. So technically thethe was right. Technically....
    I don't have a dog in this fight but credit where it's due. That was a savage burn.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I don't think the FO ever planned for Snitker to be back this year. They felt like the fans gave him credit for the 2nd half of last year and the players liked him, so they were kind of forced to ride him another year. Since they knew they'd need a scapegoat for 2017 as well, they just kept him.

I do think there's some truth to Mark Bradley's article that Snitker started managing moreso to win as that's the way he would be judged and the FO was hoping he would manage more for their own game and future success. I used to think the playing of Camargo was to showcase him for trade, but after Bradley's article I think that was Snitker just doing what he thought was best to win now as he wouldn't be around for the future anyway.

I've never been a fan of Snitker. It's just time to move on.