2. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-24-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post

Besides Christie or Jeb Bush, who is electable on a national scale?
    Gary Johnson
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Gary Johnson isn't electable. He's probably more electable than Ron Paul but he's not electable..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-24-2014)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    that graph is right

Obama got elected and suddenly became a right of center president

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I still think Christie is electable. The young people like him, he has charisma, and is willing to take jokes from Jimmy Fallon.

Besides Christie or Jeb Bush, who is electable on a national scale?

Who do the Dems have? Hillary has baggage of her own, and I can't think of anyone else who will run against her.

The Iraq war, Benghazi, and Obamacare are far worse in my mind than a bridge scandal.
    it honestly doesn't matter at this point who the left has

it only matters who the right has or how the right will suppress voters in swing states

they (republicans) don't have the numbers to actually win on a national scale anymore

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    they (republicans) don't have the numbers to actually win on a national scale anymore
    Maybe Obama is the American version of Hindenburg.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Arbitrary much?

In case anybody forgot, Mitt Romney was not elected president in 2012 and has only bought/remodeled his homes since then.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Who do the Dems have? Hillary has baggage of her own, and I can't think of anyone else who will run against her.
    Cuomo is an interesting possibility, but I don't think he would ever run against Hillary.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Cuomo is an interesting possibility, but I don't think he would ever run against Hillary.

I don't think Cuomos statement last week won him any national supporters

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Gary Johnson isn't electable. He's probably more electable than Ron Paul but he's not electable..
    Why do you think Gary isn't electable? He won governor twice, more than Romney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Arbitrary much?

In case anybody forgot, Mitt Romney was not elected president in 2012 and has only bought/remodeled his homes since then.
    What's the difference between Obama and Romney? *** marriage and abortion? That's about it. Both are pro-Military industrial complex, pro-big government, etc.

Everything else is marginal. They have small skirmishes in areas that really don't matter that much aside from for a minority of people. Like taxing on the top 1% of earners.

Compare Obama to Jill Stein. What did Stein want?

To create small local sustaining jobs. Aka, offer a competitive advantage to your mom and pop, not to Walmart, Home Depot, etc. Renogiate or eliminate NAFTA. Raise minimum wage, Socialized medicine. Cut the military budget, reworking tax code so it's actually progressive. Break up massive banking conglomerates. Ending the Fed and replacing it with an actual central bank. Tuition free education. Repeal the patriot act, repeal NDAA, So on and so forth.

That's someone who's left leaning in how people portray the democrats. And some dems are like that, but not any who've ran for president. Every Dem and Rep who's ran for president has basically been down the middle. Leaning right and authoritarian especially lately.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I am loath to post protected content, but there is a portion of a great article in the latest edition of The New York Review of Books that I think helps dispel the notion that Obama is a "falling off the edge" left liberal. What is the protocol on that? Can I post the pertinent portion of the article with a notation or is any posting of protected content forbidden?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Back to Gary Johnson - while he's no Ron Paul, he's basically the perfect candidate for today's for American people:

- He is pro-*** marriage
    - He is pro-choice (sadly)
    - He is anti-war except for humanitarian efforts
    - He is a strong fiscal conservative, and has a proven track record of fiscal excellence (unlike Romney's record in Mass)

He basically is the best of both world for liberals and conservatives.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What's the difference between Obama and Romney? *** marriage and abortion? That's about it. Both are pro-Military industrial complex, pro-big government, etc.

Everything else is marginal. They have small skirmishes in areas that really don't matter that much aside from for a minority of people. Like taxing on the top 1% of earners.

Compare Obama to Jill Stein. What did Stein want?

To create small local sustaining jobs. Aka, offer a competitive advantage to your mom and pop, not to Walmart, Home Depot, etc. Renogiate or eliminate NAFTA. Raise minimum wage, Socialized medicine. Cut the military budget, reworking tax code so it's actually progressive. Break up massive banking conglomerates. Ending the Fed and replacing it with an actual central bank. Tuition free education. Repeal the patriot act, repeal NDAA, So on and so forth.

That's someone who's left leaning in how people portray the democrats. And some dems are like that, but not any who've ran for president. Every Dem and Rep who's ran for president has basically been down the middle. Leaning right and authoritarian especially lately.
    I'm finding it difficult to understand what Mitt Romney has to do with my characterization of Obama. Especially considering we have zero Romney presidential legislation to judge, but that's far beyond the point. My comment was not meant to be partisan - just observational. Comparing Obama to other politicians (Republican or Democrat) is counterintuitive to understanding where his political compass rests. Unless you are arguing towards a new definition of modern liberalism, which I guess I could buy into on some level.

To me, it's black and white: Obama has put into practice the beginnings of socialized medicine (administered by a national 'big' government), has backed down on immigration, passed ARRA (extension of welfare benefits), Kagan and Sotomayor to Supreme Court, a more multilateral approach to foreign relations ... and has gone 'liberal' on virtually every social issue: stem cell research, *** marriage, DADT, gun control.

How's that not decidedly left-leaning would go against my notions of what the left is - from both traditional and contemporary standpoints. Not calling him a pinko.
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-24-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I am loath to post protected content, but there is a portion of a great article in the latest edition of The New York Review of Books that I think helps dispel the notion that Obama is a "falling off the edge" left liberal. What is the protocol on that? Can I post the pertinent portion of the article with a notation or is any posting of protected content forbidden?
    Is it pay content?

You can post excerpts with a link and quotations, generally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Gary Johnson doesn't have the personality to contend.
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Is it pay content?

You can post excerpts with a link and quotations, generally.
    It is pay content. I am a subscriber, so I can get to it, but a non-subscriber could not. I was only planning on posting an excerpt of the entire article. I am a strong supporter of property rights, intellectual or otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Gary Johnson doesn't have the personality to contend.
    And Mittens & McCain did?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    And Mittens & McCain did?
    No, but they lost. Both have better personalities than Gary Johnson.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I'm finding it difficult to understand what Mitt Romney has to do with my characterization of Obama. Especially considering we have zero Romney presidential legislation to judge, but that's far beyond the point. My comment was not meant to be partisan - just observational. Comparing Obama to other politicians (Republican or Democrat) is counterintuitive to understanding where his political compass rests. Unless you are arguing towards a new definition of modern liberalism, which I guess I could buy into on some level.

To me, it's black and white: Obama has put into practice the beginnings of socialized medicine (administered by a national 'big' government), has backed down on immigration, passed ARRA (extension of welfare benefits), Kagan and Sotomayor to Supreme Court, a more multilateral approach to foreign relations ... and has gone 'liberal' on virtually every social issue: stem cell research, *** marriage, DADT, gun control.

How's that not decidedly left-leaning would go against my notions of what the left is - from both traditional and contemporary standpoints. Not calling him a pinko.
    He hasn't put into place socialized medicine. He placed mandated health insurance which screams something that Big Pharma/Big Med loves. Not that people actually want. Obama hasn't backed down on immigration, he's just catering to the hispanic vote. Not real immigration reform. 2 supreme court appintees doesn't mean anything. We could go on with the list of presidents who appointed someone who went totally against them. Obama's multilateral approach to foreign nations is bombing them with drones, bomb them with cruise missiles, or invade them with troops. He added the drone aspect.

As far as gone liberal on virtually every social issue, you may have a point there, but nothing he has signed into law has gone into place on them. He just makes his points loudly.

Obama is right leaning authoritarian in his ways. He's pro-wall street, he's pro-big business, he's anti-individual. He is very simialr to Bush.

If he was truly left leaning, he wouldn't push for war in Syria, support NSA spying until it's obviously unpopular, allocate hundreds of billions to nuclear weapons, sign NDAA, extend the patriot act, and not to mention hands down the most un-left thing he did was sing into law the Monsanto Protection Act.