Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    There’s just as much evidence that Peyton Manning sexually assaulted a woman in college. I guess we can just ignore that though, right?

I guarantee you that if Jimbo Fisher was hired, there would be no uproar. In fact, I’m sure the fanbase would embrace it as a home run hire. Yet, there is way more evidence that he was actually involved in trying to cover up an alleged rape.

Face it, it’s the minority that are concerned about a potential involvement in the Penn St scandal. Most of the fans that protested were upset that Schiano wasn’t a big name. And the sad part is, he appears to be a pretty good coach.
    Ignoring the facts of the Peyton, I'll assume for arguments sake it's legit. Are you really going to compare what happened to covering up child molestation? Don't even try to go there.

What evidence is there that Fisher covered up a rape? I've yet to see any evidence. Similarly, for someone willing to give Schiano a pass, you seem perfectly fine with assuming Winston is guilty.

There is absolutely enough there to be concerned about hiring Schiano. So much so that even State Representatives wanted to take action against it. So much so that the White House commented on it. But people wound rather go out of their way to defend someone who allegedly covered up a child molestation. That just amazes me.

Be mad at irrational people making blanket statements (like what was written on the rock). I'm fine with that. But being concerned about someone who might have covered up child molestation is totally legit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Ignoring the facts of the Peyton, I'll assume for arguments sake it's legit. Are you really going to compare what happened to covering up child molestation? Don't even try to go there.

What evidence is there that Fisher covered up a rape? I've yet to see any evidence. Similarly, for someone willing to give Schiano a pass, you seem perfectly fine with assuming Winston is guilty.

There is absolutely enough there to be concerned about hiring Schiano. So much so that even State Representatives wanted to take action against it. So much so that the White House commented on it. But people wound rather go out of their way to defend someone who allegedly covered up a child molestation. That just amazes me.

Be mad at irrational people making blanket statements (like what was written on the rock). I'm fine with that. But being concerned about someone who might have covered up child molestation is totally legit.
    I didn’t accuse Winston of anything. That’s why I said ALLEGEDLY. I wasn’t comparing the audacity of crimes, I was using it as an example of the selective morality the UT fans are using to justify their actions and unwarranted dislike of the Schiano hire.

You really think that if Jon Gruden has the same entry on his Wikipedia page, that this would have even been brought up? Of course not. I’m willing to give Schiano the benefit of the doubt because THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENCE THAT HE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED AT PENN STATE. I don’t know why that’s so hard for you to understand. Just like I’m willing to give Peyton the benefit of the doubt because there’s no real evidence he did anything either. Although, a first hand accusation actually is more evidence than is pitted against Schiano.

And there you go generalizing and strawmanning. So because I don’t think that what happened to Schiano was justice, I’m somehow defending covering up child molestation? I don’t think there’s any point in having any more dialogue with you about this. I hope you guys get your guy. I’m not a UT fan, and I don’t generally like their fanbase, but the Tennessee sports landscape is definitely better when they’re relevant.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 11-29-2017 at 11:30 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I didn’t accuse Winston of anything. That’s why I said ALLEGEDLY. I wasn’t comparing the audacity of crimes, I was using it as an example of the selective morality the UT fans are using to justify their actions and unwarranted dislike of the Schiano hire.

You really think that if Jon Gruden has the same entry on his Wikipedia page, that this would have even been brought up? Of course not. I’m willing to give Schiano the benefit of the doubt because THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENCE THAT HE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED AT PENN STATE. I don’t know why that’s so hard for you to understand. Just like I’m willing to give Peyton the benefit of the doubt because there’s no real evidence he did anything either. Although, a first hand accusation actually is more evidence than is pitted against Schiano.

And there you go generalizing and strawmanning. So because I don’t think that what happened to Schiano was justice, I’m somehow defending covering up child molestation? I don’t think there’s any point in having any more dialogue with you about this. I hope you guys get your guy. I’m not a UT fan, and I don’t generally like their fanbase, but the Tennessee sports landscape is definitely better when they’re relevant.
    Peyton is not vying for the HC job at Tennessee. If he ever does, and TN hires him, you might have a point. Still, what Peyton was accused of doing is not on the same stratosphere as the allegations against Schiano.

I've said I don't believe the allegations against Schiano are probably true. But there is enough to question this hire from a ethical standpoint, particularly on the heels of the Title IX case. It was beyond a terrible move PR related.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Damn UT made chicken salad from chicken **** with the Brohm hire
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Damn UT made chicken salad from chicken **** with the Brohm hire
    Not yet. Reports now saying nothing is imminent. Local reporter saying Brohm accepted the offer from Currie but the TN Chancellor nixed it. If true, then Currie needs gone immediately. How can a program have this much lack of communication from it's top figures?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Not yet. Reports now saying nothing is imminent. Local reporter saying Brohm accepted the offer from Currie but the TN Chancellor nixed it. If true, then Currie needs gone immediately. How can a program have this much lack of communication from it's top figures?
    WUT
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Brohm balked at a lower offer after the chancellor nixed it.

This is bat**** crazy. We are in the teens as to number of coaches they have approached
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    It’s going to get ugly in Tennessee when Schiano sues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Tennessee should call up Bobby Petrino.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    I have never seen anything like what is going on at Tennessee
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (11-30-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    It’s going to get ugly in Tennessee when Schiano sues.
    Supposedly doesn't have a case because Chancellor never signed off. We'll see.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I have never seen anything like what is going on at Tennessee
    I've never seen an administration fail this badly at something so simple. It's like they drew names out of a hat. I mean there doesn't even seem to be a plan aside from calling up every HC in the nation and asking if they are available.

All the while, quality options like Kevin Steele, Matt Canada, Will Venables, and Tee Martin remain available that would gladly take a 3-4 million dollar raise to prove themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    The seeming lack of interest in Tee Martin is baffling.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Carp (11-30-2017)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    The seeming lack of interest in Tee Martin is baffling.
    I wonder if it is due to what people dont want to admit it may be due to?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackwaterPark For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (11-30-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    A vols beat writer and a couple former players are saying they have confirmed reports that a package of Kiffin, Tee as OC, and Kevin Steele as DC was discussed and apparently the TN admin shot it down. Sounds fishy to say the least, but they are reporting they have confirmed it.

I personally don't want Kiffin again after what happened last time and I'm surprised by all of the support he's getting from Vol fans, but even I can see that this is an unbelievable package. I swear, you can't make this up. This administration is beyond incompetent. The Vols have officially become the Cleveland Browns of college football. Thanks Haslam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Steele is being rumored for various HC openings. Tee Martin too...

Not sure they'd lock in for those jobs under Kiffin when in the running for some other HC spots.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    The Haslam's are what is wrong, not only with the UT, but the state of TN as well. Can't wait till the one is office is out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    I wonder if it is due to what people dont want to admit it may be due to?
    In the running for smaller jobs I believe. USA for one. He wanted the job at GS also.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts