Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fangraphs Top 29 Braves Prospects

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I should have known I was dealing with a child who throws his toy in the corner and screams when he can't get someone to agree with him. I thought your 12k post count might be indicative of a little decorum, but I guess that was a stupid assumption.

I don't want to upset you, though. How about this: "Ender is not an ordinarily good outfielder. He is on another plane of existence defensively. Even though Andrelton Simmons belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of defensive players, Ender belongs right there with him because no other outfielder can match his extreme level of talent. Braves1976 was totally right, and I was a fool for doubting him."

There. I hope that is satisfactory because I'd rather not deal with pedantic children.
    You're the one playing childish games. I am just done wasting my time with you. :)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    You're the one playing childish games. I am just done wasting my time with you. :)
    Hmmmm, who was the first one to start throwing around terms like "full of ****" and saying "See! That last post proves it!"... I'd love to see a logical rundown of how you arrived at that conclusion.

My guess is that you couldn't, because nothing I have said is inconsistent at all.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Poor Ender. Does everything for the team he can to help us get to the playoffs. Signed one of the team-friendliest discount contracts in the bigs of any player as good as he is with what value he brings through his prime years, offered to platoon with Duvall if it meant making the playoffs, gets thrown around in trade rumors, and now has fans arguing here online about how good of a CF he really is.

Forever Fredi

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Just a little surprised that so much time and effort is being spent comparing Ender to Simba. As someone who watched him beginning in AA at age 17, I know full-well that the standard for any CF should be Andruw.

I don't readily see his UZR/150 before 2002, but the number from that point seem dominant beyond any normal comparison.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Apparently some around here just like to jump the gun without readings posts properly. Neither myself nor Individual-1 put Ender in the same category as Simmons. Individual-1 point in comparing the two was their both having high baseball IQ's and trying plays others do not think to try. .
    Um, Individual-1 absolutely did which is what caused this entire argument to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Peak Ender is pretty close to Simba Defensively in CF. Has stolen so many outs for us, especially in the unconventional heads up play ways.
    TL;DR Ender is a great defender but he isn’t Simmons great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    Um, Individual-1 absolutely did which is what caused this entire argument to begin.
    He was comparing this aspect of their game and the other poster jumped the gun, as he explains in this follow-up: "Ender is probably not the best defensive outfielder in the traditional sense, but the things Simba did with his baseball IQ to steal outs (Fake out plays, etc.) are things Ender does so often in CF that we don't give him enough credit for. Andruw always made the hard plays look routine for sure and he's in another class of his own. Ender though gets you so many outs from just heads up plays that I don't even remember Andruw getting. Thus why I said unconventional. Because these are high risk plays that if he doesn't execute it looks bad and the other team can capitalize on mistakes. The amount of times he's faked out guys, caught runners by throwing behind them, etc. are things Simba did routinely. They both take risks that aren't by the book often and make it look like it's by the book. That's how good both are respectively. I also think Ender is an exceptional field general in CF and commands the outfield to the guys next to him as good as anyone I've ever seen."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-13-2018), The Chosen One (12-13-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post

TL;DR Ender is a great defender but he isn’t Simmons great
    True, I am Simmons biggest fan here. Always have been going back to the old board. Simmons is the best I have ever seen at shortstop.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    This thread really went south, and now I keep replaying that Simmons behind the back to himself play in my head. Even without the cannon arm he was incredible (I guess "is" is the proper verb, but not to me).

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
    This thread really went south, and now I keep replaying that Simmons behind the back to himself play in my head. Even without the cannon arm he was incredible (I guess "is" is the proper verb, but not to me).
    Using "was" is fine if the context your'e referring to was his time with us.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Using "was" is fine if the context your'e referring to was his time with us.
    using "was" implies he's dead
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I remember Carter Kieboom being brought up by people here as an option in 2016 if he lasted til the comp/2nd round. Nats took him in the 1st and he's become a stud prospect. hurts to see.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg