Results 14,341 to 14,360 of 14871

Thread: NBA Thread

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The Entire League Has Warriors Derangement Syndrome.

A good article about the best players in the league lamenting on the thought of another Golden State title. Seems a lot of players want to be traded.
    Pistons are an interesting counterpoint: trading for a verifiable—if oft-injured and defensively-challenged—star, in the hopes of just becoming a better team, but not really competing for the championship.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Pistons are an interesting counterpoint: trading for a verifiable—if oft-injured and defensively-challenged—star, in the hopes of just becoming a better team, but not really competing for the championship.
    I love the trade for the Clippers. Blake is vastly overrated and you mentioned his weak points. I don’t understand this trade from the Detroit side though. One could argue they are a worse team today than before the addition of Blake.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    I love the trade for the Clippers. Blake is vastly overrated and you mentioned his weak points. I don’t understand this trade from the Detroit side though. One could argue they are a worse team today than before the addition of Blake.
    FYI someone made a thread about you down below. Not sure if you saw it.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Griffin’s a “star” as of today and the Pistons want to sell tickets with a new arena. They should’ve asked the Braves how successful making decisions on that basis is ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Cavs like a 2k team, turning over half their roster in trades right at the deadline. I’m not sure Thomas was a bad fit just because he’s “ball dominant”—so was Irving—I think he’s just not all that great (and Boston was crafty to trade him when they did). But Clarkson should indeed be a better fit once Love returns from injury.

Everything else is pretty marginal for them—meaning I think they’ll stay top-four in seeding, but likely really struggle in seven-games against Golden State, Houston, Toronto, or Boston.
    Last edited by jpx7; 02-08-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Cavs like a 2k team, turning over half their roster in trades right at the deadline. I’m not sure Thomas was a bad fit just because he’s “ball dominant”—so was Irving—I think he’s just not all that great (and Boston was crafty to trade him when they did). But Clarkson should indeed be a better fit once Love returns from injury.

Everything else is pretty marginal for them—meaning I think they’ll stay top-four in seeding, but likely really struggle in seven-games against Golden State, Houston, Toronto, or Boston.
    Adding George Hill was a big add. PG that can shoot and defend is exactly what you would want playing along side LEbron.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Adding George Hill was a big add. PG that can shoot and defend is exactly what you would want playing along side LEbron.
    I think he's a great player, but he flat out mailed in his time with Sacramento. He's also had foot problems the last couple of years, so it will be interesting to see if his defense can pick back with some motivation.

Rodney Hood was a great pick up for them though. He's played well in Utah this year, but he didn't adjust well to taking the backseat to Donovan Mitchell. Obviously he won't have the same problem deferring to LeBron in Cleveland.

Honestly, I do think this is exactly the type of move Cleveland needed to make. People seem to forget that they were really good this year before IT came back from injury.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    It will be just enough to get Cleaveland out of the east but will get smoked by either GS or OKC.

Yes, I think OKC has gelled enough to challenge any team in the league. The trick is to convince Melo that he should only be a 20 minute per game player. Need to play PPAT and Grant more.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It will be just enough to get Cleaveland out of the east but will get smoked by either GS or OKC.

Yes, I think OKC has gelled enough to challenge any team in the league. The trick is to convince Melo that he should only be a 20 minute per game player. Need to play PPAT and Grant more.
    Don’t think OKC hangs with houston or GSW, but should be pesky out in the playoffs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-09-2018)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    It’s amazing that Cleveland is always able to find ways around the salary cap. Always makes trades and what’s more shocking is that teams always bend over for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    It’s amazing that Cleveland is always able to find ways around the salary cap. Always makes trades and what’s more shocking is that teams always bend over for them.
    It helped how tight the market was this year (anticipating a low-cap summer likely to rival/surpass, in its parsimony and stagnation, MLB’a current slow offseason). Cleveland’s own, likely late, pick was worth more in a year of tight-fistedness with respect to picks, which surely aided them. Bulls bought the best pick traded this season—the Pelicans’ late-lottery or high non-lottery pick—but it cost them a real, and good, asset (versatile starting calibre PF with sweet shot from distance, on an extremely amenable contract) and taking on Asik’s $30+million in dead weight and a second-rounder.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    The Cavs are like the NBA version of the Yank-mees. They seem to have perfected the Jedi mind trick when it comes to getting what they want for way less than market value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ch-monday-game

"You can look at it two ways: You can say anybody can coach that team, or you can say it's a [good method]," Suns star Devin Booker told ESPN. "I liked the move personally. If I was a coach, I'd do that throughout the year, so I wouldn't even look at it as disrespectful.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-13-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    I haven’t decided if Donovan Mitchell has helped or not I’m forgetting about Hayward bolting this summer. While it’s nice that the Jazz replaced him so quickly, I can’t shake the feeling that the Jazz would have been a top three seed with Hayward this year.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    talk of mitchell over simmons for ROY is positively absurd.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-23-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    talk of mitchell over simmons for ROY is positively absurd.
    Honestly, the award itself is positively stupid so I don’t understand how people get worked up one way or another. I mean Michael Carter Williams won the award and that guy doesn’t deserve a roster spot.

They are both fantastic young players and would win ROY in most years.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Honestly, the award itself is positively stupid so I don’t understand how people get worked up one way or another. I mean Michael Carter Williams won the award and that guy doesn’t deserve a roster spot.

They are both fantastic young players and would win ROY in most years.
    and brogdon won it...
    i know it's silly but it's really not that close.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    I don’t think I have missed on a prediction more than what I had for OKC. I had them 2b with Houston in the West and they are barely squeaking past teams actively trying to lose right now.

It’s going to be mighty interesting to see if Paul George sticks around.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-14-2018)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Holy cow what has happened to the Spurs
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Holy cow what has happened to the Spurs
    Kawhi has missed all season. It’s amazing they have hung around at all.