Page 836 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3367367868268348358368378388468869361336 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,720 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    "The Legacy of Heorot" by Pournelle, Niven, Barnes.
    Read Pournelle and Niven but not Barnes.

Did Pournelle do The Heeches or was that Pouls Andersen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    interesting milieu

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ruth-alt-right

a lot of folks have gone off the deep...no one around here I'm sure
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This is pretty scary. And not the first member of that milleu to flip out and kill a family member...or someone else. It’s not really hard to understand why, either...volatile, disaffected people marinating in hateful, dehumanizing rhetoric and living in a world where conspiracy theories are reality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-18-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Admit that I lol’d at the setup and punchline here.
    I confess to pure ignorance. I had no recollection of the son being separated from his father and killed in a separate strike.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    This is pretty scary. And not the first member of that milleu to flip out and kill a family member...or someone else. It’s not really hard to understand why, either...volatile, disaffected people marinating in hateful, dehumanizing rhetoric and living in a world where conspiracy theories are reality.
    I'm not a mental health professional but I've always thought fondness for conspiracy theories and extremist ideologies were indicators that something was not quite right

interesting how preying on those weaknesses has become a big business with some purveyors doing very well financially...the market is efficient if nothing else
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-19-2018 at 06:56 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

defenders
    enablers
    bought off greed heads
    rationalizers
    "what about Hillary" ers
    "thought and prayer " phonies
    and
    a handful that still hold to the notion of WMD in Iraq

all of this has been in plain sight since before the election
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-19-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

defenders
    enablers
    bought off greed heads
    rationalizers
    "what about Hillary" ers
    "thought and prayer " phonies
    and
    a handful that still hold to the notion of WMD in Iraq

all of this has been in plain sight since before the election
    the part i really don't get is why anyone would defend him...even if you agree with much of his agenda (and I think reasonable people can do so) why want that agenda in the hands of someone so clueless and without scruples...in the end association with Trump is going to discredit some good people and maybe even some good ideas

"I am your retribution."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (07-20-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the part i really don't get is why anyone would defend him...even if you agree with much of his agenda (and I think reasonable people can do so) why want that agenda in the hands of someone so clueless and without scruples...in the end association with Trump is going to discredit some good people and maybe even some good ideas
    This is a very good point and it'll probably be the death of us as a nation some day. Politics is about winning and winning at any/all costs. It's not just about winning for yourself and "your party or your candidate" but it's about making sure THEY don't win, in fact letting the whole country fall into the abyss is still better than letting THEM win. I agree with Trump on a few things, absolutely hate what he's said and done on a lot of things, but how anyone whose been paying attention at all can't see what this guy really is. Maybe it's because he's so blatant and over the top about it. I don't get it, even though you might not want Hilldog to be president, even if you still don't want Hilldog to be president it shouldn't make you not able to see what an asshat this guy is. Why can't we all just get out of Ann Coulter hell and see that you don't have to be a conservative or a liberal all the time, maybe you could try just being an American once in a while.
    Last edited by Oklahomahawk; 07-19-2018 at 09:05 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (07-20-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    This is a very good point and it'll probably be the death of us as a nation some day. Politics is about winning and winning at any/all costs. It's about not winning for yourself and "your party or your candidate" but it's about making sure THEY don't win, in fact letting the whole country fall into the abyss is still better than letting THEM win. I agree with Trump on a few things, absolutely hate what he's said and done on a lot of things, but how anyone whose been paying attention at all can't see what this guy really is. Maybe it's because he's so blatant and over the top about it. I don't get it, even though you might not want Hilldog to be president, even if you still don't want Hilldog to be president it shouldn't make you not able to see what an asshat this guy is. Why can't we all just get out of Ann Coulter hell and see that you don't have to be a conservative or a liberal all the time, maybe you could try just being an American once in a while.
    that's my take...the republican party had a dozen acceptable alternatives running...none perfect but all vastly superior to the guy they settled on...i would have voted for pretty much all of them over Hillary...but Trump is a bridge too far...way way too far

I'm happy with him choosing Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court...i'm sure I would have been less happy with Hillary's choice...but there is something much bigger than Supreme Court justices at stake here...a lot bigger
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-19-2018 at 09:03 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

Stormy Daniels bodycam of arrest released. Now this whoke situation reeks of politically motivated abuse of power. I doubt this goes to Trump but either someone directed those cops to do this or those cops got together and conspired to arrest and charge a political opponet of the president using an obscure law that they did not enforce anytime else. Either way it warrants investigation. Now I will say the officers I saw handled things pretty good. I would commend them for deescalating the situation. The bodyguards have a job to do and this reeked pf a setup. If cops are going to do arrests of people like this they need to vouch for the prisoners saftey with their own life. If Stormy gets shanked in a holding cell I dont want to hear any excuses.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

Stormy Daniels bodycam of arrest released. Now this whoke situation reeks of politically motivated abuse of power. I doubt this goes to Trump but either someone directed those cops to do this or those cops got together and conspired to arrest and charge a political opponet of the president using an obscure law that they did not enforce anytime else. Either way it warrants investigation. Now I will say the officers I saw handled things pretty good. I would commend them for deescalating the situation. The bodyguards have a job to do and this reeked pf a setup. If cops are going to do arrests of people like this they need to vouch for the prisoners saftey with their own life. If Stormy gets shanked in a holding cell I dont want to hear any excuses.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes

it is a very old question

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Gary Webb...... exposed CIA drug trafficking to fund terrorists..... found "suicided" by 2 gunshot wounds to the head. Damn that Putin!

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    "A male US officer falsely told a 10-year-old she could see her mother for an hour at 6:00p. The child was held in a windowless, constantly lit facility where she couldn’t determine the time of day. When she asked the officer for the time, he said he wasn’t permitted to tell her."

this is torture. the trump admin is torturing children.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (07-20-2018), goldfly (07-20-2018), Runnin (07-20-2018)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    "A male US officer falsely told a 10-year-old she could see her mother for an hour at 6:00p. The child was held in a windowless, constantly lit facility where she couldn’t determine the time of day. When she asked the officer for the time, he said he wasn’t permitted to tell her."

i hold the **** who is following these rules they setup just as accountable as the tyrants that set the rules

what sick bastard would be told to treat a child like that and follow along?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-20-2018), Super (07-20-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

I hope that story isn't true. She said she didn't cry on the first day but did on the second and third day, but later she says she never knew what time it was. Between a traumatized child's perspective and translation there is plenty to explain the gap in logic. I have a child about that age. I really hope it isn't true.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    let me make a prediction. Trumps policies and focus on ms-13 will cause it to grow exponentially but the effects wont be fully seen until he is out of office. Then when MS-13 actually becomes the biggest street gang Trump will blame everyone else and act as if his policies were the only thing keeping them at bay.

It’s over."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-20-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    This is a very good point and it'll probably be the death of us as a nation some day. Politics is about winning and winning at any/all costs. It's not just about winning for yourself and "your party or your candidate" but it's about making sure THEY don't win, in fact letting the whole country fall into the abyss is still better than letting THEM win. I agree with Trump on a few things, absolutely hate what he's said and done on a lot of things, but how anyone whose been paying attention at all can't see what this guy really is. Maybe it's because he's so blatant and over the top about it. I don't get it, even though you might not want Hilldog to be president, even if you still don't want Hilldog to be president it shouldn't make you not able to see what an asshat this guy is. Why can't we all just get out of Ann Coulter hell and see that you don't have to be a conservative or a liberal all the time, maybe you could try just being an American once in a while.
    One of the best posts in this thread!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

It’s over."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-21-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    "Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it."
    - Mike Pence, September 2016

if character truly mattered to the presidency for pence then he could not say this with a straight face. all the things parents teach their children to be growing up, all the value they try to instill, trump is the polar opposite of literally all of them. except the "being white" part.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I hope that story isn't true. She said she didn't cry on the first day but did on the second and third day, but later she says she never knew what time it was. Between a traumatized child's perspective and translation there is plenty to explain the gap in logic. I have a child about that age. I really hope it isn't true.
    even if it isn't exactly true, things like this are happening. these children are being terrorized.
    people who voted for and have voiced support for this man should have this on their conscience.