Page 970 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 47087092096096896997097197298010201070 ... LastLast
Results 19,381 to 19,400 of 22910

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I can't stand Brady. But my goodness when it's crunch time the guy just seems to never miss his targets.
    Remember: He threw a season ending interception that was negated because a Chiefs' player was lined up offsides.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Super (01-21-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Why does that take me to a home improvement page?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Officials completely took over the 4th quarter and especially the last few minutes of the game. It’s too bad because both games were great until the zebras mucked it up.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I can't stand Brady. But my goodness when it's crunch time the guy just seems to never miss his targets.
    With the receivers he is working with these days (counting Gronk as a TE even though they have to split him out wide) this could be Brady's finest hour. Edelman is okay but Hogan is more miss than hit and Patterson and Dorsett couldn't catch a pass if their lives depended on it! I don't know if it was the whole pissed off at being an underdog thing or just pure greatness but he just literally put a team on his back and carried them to the Super Bowl.

Last edited by Acuña’s Bat Flip; 01-20-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Reid blew it at the end of regulation. You don’t play for the tie. At least make and effort to score a TD. Mahomes chucking it out of the end zone was a waste. Middle of the field was open. Pick up another 10-12 yards and you give yourself one more chance to score a TD after you clock the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    With the receivers he is working with these days (counting Gronk as a TE even though they have to split him out wide) this could be Brady's finest hour. Edelman is okay but Hogan is more miss than hit and Patterson and Forsett couldn't catch a pass if their lives depended on it! I don't know if it was the whole pissed off at being an underdog thing or just pure greatness but he just literally put a team on his back and carried them to the Super Bowl.

The dude threw more INTs than TDs in this game.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (01-20-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    God hates the Chiefs/any team with a Native American mascot. It’s the only explanation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    And 2 of those bounced off the receivers hands. First one was terrible though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Problem with blaming the refs, if you put yourself in a situation where the refs can make or break your game, then you didn't win the game, you were rolling the dice hoping to win craps and busted. Refs are humans, they make mistakes, sometimes obvious ones. But they weren't the reason the Saints lost, the Saints has the ball in St Louis territory with 2 minutes to go and called 2 passing plays. Only acceptable passing plays are screens.Should have been running it between the tackles. Shades of the Falcons choking vs. the Pats, the refs boned the Falcons in that game with their non-calls and excessive calls, but it wouldn't have mattered if Shanahan just ran the clock out.
    they put themselves within a first down and a chip shot of winning the game. The 3rd down play only failed due to interference. The NFL immediately admitted they missed 2 penalties both pass interference and helmet to helmet. So my guy is supposed to catch the ball being grabbed and hit in the helmet before the ball arrives. ok.

Whoever wins in 2 weeks should play the Saints for the real Superb Owl. That penalty ends the game. The NFL admits they missed 2 blatant penalties. Whats the MLB comparison, Umpire calling an upper deck home run to center field a foul ball?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Problem with blaming the refs, if you put yourself in a situation where the refs can make or break your game, then you didn't win the game, you were rolling the dice hoping to win craps and busted. Refs are humans, they make mistakes, sometimes obvious ones. But they weren't the reason the Saints lost, the Saints has the ball in St Louis territory with 2 minutes to go and called 2 passing plays. Only acceptable passing plays are screens.Should have been running it between the tackles. Shades of the Falcons choking vs. the Pats, the refs boned the Falcons in that game with their non-calls and excessive calls, but it wouldn't have mattered if Shanahan just ran the clock out.
    That went right over cajunrevenge's head like the home run in his ridiculous comparison!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    He also threw for 350 yards on the road against one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL in less than ideal weather conditions and was clutch on third downs.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    The Saints did get jobbed though. Doesn't matter what Sean Payton did or didn't do as a coach at the end of the game. PI is PI and it should of been called. It's just another example of how ****ty the refs are in the in the NFL these days. I don't buy that they make calls to help certain teams. They are just that bad at their jobs. And that's pretty pathetic considering they are supposedly the best in the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Suprb Owl is the Runner up Bowl imo. The best team aint playing. I dont have any hate for the Rams, but they got beat twice this year by the Saints.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    point is, the saints win that game if the extremely obvious call (or 3 different calls on the same play? is made. have your pick of penalties on that play. there's no excuse for that being missed. i can't remember a more blatant missed call, much less in such a huge scenario.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Michael Thomas said the sideline ref reached for his flag but another ref ran up to him and he held onto the flag. There are cameras everywhere so if this happened it will probably come out eventually. Why dont refs do media interviews? Would really like to hear from that sideline ref and the one that ran up to him. I would love to know what that exchange was about. All I ask and can really hope for is the NFL to admit they blew it. Its more frustrating when they stick by their bad calls like the outfield fly.

Saints dont play the Patriots next year but they do play the Rams in LA. I bet thats the season opener now and I bet the Saints beat them for a third straight time.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    point is, the saints win that game if the extremely obvious call (or 3 different calls on the same play? is made. have your pick of penalties on that play. there's no excuse for that being missed. i can't remember a more blatant missed call, much less in such a huge scenario.
    You mean like the missed face mask on Goff that cost the Rams four points?
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    The NFL is never going to live down the missed pass interference call on Nickell Robey-Coleman that essentially cost the New Orleans Saints a Super Bowl appearance. They shouldn’t. But what will be talked about much less is how the Saints also benefited from multiple missed calls by the officials at other points in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.

There was a visible facemask on Jared Goff on second-and-goal late in the game with the Saints up 20-17. Had that been called, the Rams would have had first-and-goal and a very good shot to go up 24-20.

Other missed calls included a facemask committed by the Saints against Rams receiver Brandin Cooks, and a delay of game that preceded a Saints touchdown in the third quarter.
    https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...-saints/481704

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Why dont refs do media interviews?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    No they don't win the game, they get a new set of downs. What if Brees throws a pick? Which if the Saints fumble the ball? lots of things can happen. This was taking away a first down, not a touch down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    they put themselves within a first down and a chip shot of winning the game. The 3rd down play only failed due to interference. The NFL immediately admitted they missed 2 penalties both pass interference and helmet to helmet. So my guy is supposed to catch the ball being grabbed and hit in the helmet before the ball arrives. ok.

Whoever wins in 2 weeks should play the Saints for the real Superb Owl. That penalty ends the game. The NFL admits they missed 2 blatant penalties. Whats the MLB comparison, Umpire calling an upper deck home run to center field a foul ball?
    The MLB comparison is a batter checking their swing on a 3-1 count and the ump saying he swung. Batter still has a chance to get a hit. And failed.

The Saints got the ball first in overtime, and then threw a pick. They could have easily won the game or at least put a field goal on the board. But they failed at doing that.

How does that penalty end the game? What if the Saints fumble the ball and the Rams recover and then drive down the field and win in regulation? What if the Saints miss the chipshot field goal? Anything can happen.

Look at the facts.

Rams outgained the saints by 80 yards, averaging almost a yard more per play. Rams won the possession battle, and the Saints had way less penalties called than the Rams.

I'm guessing that the Rams fans have way more than their share of calls to be upset about.