Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Details on Jose Fernandez death

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Why, you don't think the public will look at him differently now. Seriously, if you don't feel that way, then voice your opinion, but don't be a dick to others because they feel differently than you.
    it's just a lazy ****ing opinion

much less the judgmental side that makes people think the drugs they do isn't as harmful as maybe just the bump he did that night or every once and awhile is somehow worse

**** that person and the mod that put me on ignore and others that try to discredit Jose and what he did cause did some cocaine in his life

i don't advise to do that awful drug imo but it doesn't make him an awful person
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    work on this sentence and get back to me on whatever the **** it means

i don't want to assume what you are speaking about but it seems to go against your supposed libertarian stance you try to act so proud of
    I'm about personal responsibility. If he and his friends put themselves and others at risk, then that is ****ty.

By the way, you've lost it man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Are we seriously arguing for personal gain on a thread about a young guy's death? Come on guys. Grow up.

This sucks. Who cares who is right. My God.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-31-2016), jpx7 (10-31-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Sad to hear this. His night of dumbassery doesn't change my opinion of him, just based on everything I read about the kid. The thoughts should continue to be with the people who were shattered by his death. A sobering reminder that you don't always get a second chance.
    Well said. Talent and celebrity don't prevent lapses in judgment. Sad situation in a world that has its share of sad situations. Should serve as a reminder to all about mixing chemicals and motorized vehicles.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-31-2016), UNCBlue012 (10-31-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Sad to hear this. His night of dumbassery doesn't change my opinion of him, just based on everything I read about the kid. The thoughts should continue to be with the people who were shattered by his death. A sobering reminder that you don't always get a second chance.
    Based on the things I've read, I think this is just part of who he was. Doesn't make him a bad guy, we all have positives and negatives to our personalities. But he seemed like a fun-loving kid that sometimes took that to extremes. Even Mattingly said he was a great kid who would piss you off sometimes.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    you're an idiot if you think me quoting him is somehow quoting him out of context

let me guess with that logic, you are "trying to make america great again"

**** off too just like the mod that said he was blocking me for his stupid ****
    Based on your response to said quote, you definitely took what he said out of context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    you're an idiot if you think me quoting him is somehow quoting him out of context

let me guess with that logic, you are "trying to make america great again"

**** off too just like the mod that said he was blocking me for his stupid ****
    Holy ****, dude. You only quoted part of his quote, that's the definition of quoting out of context. How the **** does saying that it's a shame that he's going to be labeled as a drug-head make him a "piece of ****"? As a matter of fact, that goes right along with your opinion (and mine, for what it's worth).

You say that you're "not a bitch", but you're throwing a complete bitch fit right now over nothing. Also, the fact that you feel the need to group people who you feel don't agree with you (which, again, isn't even the case) means that you're not worth discussing anything with. No, I don't want to make America great again, but I do want to make this board great again by seeing you GTFO if you can't act like an intelligent human being.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-31-2016), Chipper Jones (11-03-2016), Garmel (11-01-2016), mfree80 (10-31-2016), Runnin (10-31-2016), Tapate50 (10-31-2016)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I think I said at the beginning that it was like "common sense" would tell you not to do something at night at full throttle and I thought some shenanigans were involved and I got piled on by the whole board. I mentioned no life jacket and then someone said they did not drown and then I came back well either a stuck throttle or someone was not too bright at the wheel. I think it was Cy when he corrected me and I said, "my bad" and carried on and then the s*it hit the fan when I said possible substances were involved.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (10-31-2016), rico43 (10-31-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    the same that are being judgmental here and thinks this discredits him are the same losers that would tell someone that just lost someone from suicide that that person was "selfish"

**** those type of people
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    the same that are being judgmental here and thinks this discredits him are the same losers that would tell someone that just lost someone from suicide that that person was "selfish"

**** those type of people
    Dude, msstate7 was AGREEING with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    not entirely

he was saying it wasn't his place to say one way or the other but people will call him that

to answer msstate, yes, i am mad. i am mad at a society that would throw away all the good he did for so many cause he died with coke in his system when he made a bad choice and paid with his life that night

i'm done with this thread and sorry if me being angry upset you or ms or cy or anyone else but i (obviously) get worked up on those 2 instances and it upsets me people would be like this: "Will look back on his death with far less sympathy that the media wants us to feel."

peace
    Last edited by goldfly; 10-31-2016 at 04:39 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-01-2016)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Guys. Please chill.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

mossy (11-01-2016)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mrs. Meta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Well said. Talent and celebrity don't prevent lapses in judgment. Sad situation in a world that has its share of sad situations. Should serve as a reminder to all about mixing chemicals and motorized vehicles.
    Sorry seems to be the hardest word...
    "Water seeks its own level, and that will be the case with Francoeur." ~50PoundHead

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    not entirely

he was saying it wasn't his place to say one way or the other but people will call him that

to answer msstate, yes, i am mad. i am mad at a society that would throw away all the good he did for so many cause he died with coke in his system when he made a bad choice and paid with his life that night

i'm done with this thread and sorry if me being angry upset you or ms or cy or anyone else but i (obviously) get worked up on those 2 instances and it upsets me people would be like this: "Will look back on his death with far less sympathy that the media wants us to feel."

peace
    Let me make this clear Goldie, it sucks that he died and left behind a beautiful woman and hopefully a healthy baby as well, but common sense can be targeted. Everyone in this world and life is wired differently. Some think they are superman and nothing can hurt no matter how much you drink, smoke, or snort, you are young and untouchable. But Karma, tragedy, Murphy's Law, Divine Intervention, something can and will happen if you lose that basic giving ability be it God, no god, or conscious to do something foolish like this and pay the ultimate price.

It simply goes back to this......it can be avoided. I know you had to have some personal tragedy in your life for you to go off half cocked and I really don't blame you, but instead of getting on us, understand that we are too hurt and ask why do this at this time in your life, just why? This was no accident like a plane crash, killed by a drunk driver by no fault of his own or being murdered, it was a choice he made at that time.

There is no excuse for that so therefore no one should be the target of your anger in this tragedy as it should be directed at the person who made that choice to live dangerously and ultimately lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Let's remember that it's completely normal for people to have different opinions and naive to expect everyone to share your particular opinion.

If Fernandez was doing coke it was just a matter of time for him to fail a drug test.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    This is actually frustrating, and incredibly disrespectful.

Calm down Clinton and Trump. Jeez.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I'm a little surprised that everyone didn't already know these guys were drunk and/or stoned. Nobody crashes a boat at 3am with good weather in a harbor they have likely driven through 100 times if they are sober. What mind blowing revelation will come out next, that they were on their way to/from a party when it happened?

Men in their early 20's do stupid things. Sometimes they die as a result. It sucks.

Drunk, stoned, or sober, it doesn't make the situation any less sad.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-01-2016), sc1767 (11-01-2016)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, drunk and speeding, was behind the wheel and to blame when his boat plowed into a jetty off South Beach, killing two others, police concluded in a report released Thursday.

Had Fernandez lived, he would likely have been charged with a host of crimes including manslaughter, according to the final report by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...#storylink=cpy

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    He was a cokehead and a drunk.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    meh.. we all make bad decisions. some very bad decisions.. not everyone pays the ultimate price though. I don't look at him any differently than most everyone else. There is no evidence anywhere that suggests he was habitual user nor chronically putting others in harm's way. This could have been a night out that just went to **** because chemicals and a 20 something brain are a lethal combo in the wrong situation.