Page 242 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 1421922322402412422432442522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    You're also in a distinct minority if you think that Russia gives a **** about ISIS.
    Where did I ever say that?

It makes more strategic sense to discuss ISIS with them (given the fact that the intel which was shared involved a Syrian cell/plot) than it does the Germans, Canadians, or Australians.

Similarly, you could make a case for sharing that information with Turkey before any of the other allies.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    [He asked the guy who asked "where the Trump administration was taking on water" 48 hours before they fired Michael Flynn?]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Where did I ever say that?

It makes more strategic sense to discuss ISIS with them (given the fact that the intel which was shared involved a Syrian cell/plot) than it does the Germans, Canadians, or Australians.

Similarly, you could make a case for sharing that information with Turkey before any of the other allies.
    I don't think sharing info is the issue at hand, though, right?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    [He asked the guy who asked "where the Trump administration was taking on water" 48 hours before they fired Michael Flynn?]
    Who is Michael Flynn?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Who is Michael Flynn?
    You're hired, Kimberly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-16-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    It's seriously just odd that you seem to think that having an ostensibly common enemy means that Russia is not an adversarial power who would prefer to see the US diminished.
    What's even odder here, to me, is that I'm the one advocating a liberal worldview that's inclusive of Russia and you are taking a more Wolfowitzian tone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    What's even odder here, to me, is that I'm the one advocating a liberal worldview that's inclusive of Russia and you are taking a more Wolfowitzian tone.
    I've made it pretty clear in other threads, multiple times that I would prefer to leave open the possibility of strategic cooperation with Russia where it's in our mutual interest. I'd prefer to see better relations, in fact. That's quite possible without backslappin' with the Sergeis in the OO.

I wouldn't say it was markedly Wolfowitzian to have a clearheadedness about Russia and their motivations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    This upcoming season of House of Cards is going to seem pretty lame after the past week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    It's also kind of giggly, in light of your criticism of Obama foreign policy, to hear you all like "we should totally give the Russians the benefit of the doubt!" It's the liberal thing to do, after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I'd say that the adjective "Wolfowitzian" carries with it a certain naïveté. The idea that we should bro up with Putin and sort out the Middle East is, respectfully, the more Wolfowitzian idea. If you mean that it's bellicose, I disagree. I'm not advocating, and have never advocated, any kind of overt hostility with Russia. Leave that to John McCain. I'm just saying that they aren't our allies and should be treated with approbation and skepticism unless/until their behavior changes.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    This upcoming season of House of Cards is going to seem pretty lame after the past week.
    Life imitates art?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    In a secure room, with clearanced policy advisors, security experts, and state level diplomats?

What do you mean?
    Parading the very guys at the heart of the Russian/Flynn mess and making a public display of it. If he really needed to get information to them it could have been done quietly, without turning the meeting into a major story.

Obviously, the meeting was not secure. Pictures were leaked by Russia and details leaked by us. Which part are you claiming was secure?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    the Turkish goons of their "president" assault Kurdish protesters and cops don't do ****

oh yeah, it happened in Washington DC

so glad our orange ****boy loves that dictator
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Parading the very guys at the heart of the Russian/Flynn mess and making a public display of it. If he really needed to get information to them it could have been done quietly, without turning the meeting into a major story.

Obviously, the meeting was not secure. Pictures were leaked by Russia and details leaked by us. Which part are you claiming was secure?
    There was a meeting held in a SCIF in the White House where Trump shared the intelligence. The room was indisputably secure.

There was also a photo op, in another room, where the picture you have posted in this thread was taken. It was taken by a photographer from Russian state media. The photographer was the only press allowed in the room, and the pictures you see are actually taken from Russian media. The White House was lambasted for not allowing American press in and accused of 'quietly' trying to hide the story.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    These impeachment proceedings sure to come if this Comey memo is accurate will be the biggest TV event since the OJ trial.
    Last edited by bravesnumberone; 05-17-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    There was a meeting held in a SCIF in the White House where Trump shared the intelligence. The room was indisputably secure.

There was also a photo op, in another room, where the picture you have posted in this thread was taken. It was taken by a photographer from Russian state media. The photographer was the only press allowed in the room, and the pictures you see are actually taken from Russian media. The White House was lambasted for not allowing American press in and accused of 'quietly' trying to hide the story.
    Stop saying he shared intelligence. That implies he has some.

So the WH feigns secrecy with the Russian press allowed access? You see no problem with this? The Pres was only acting churlishly toward the American Press in front of the Russians. I'll bet he made several comments about his ability to lock them out.

During the same stretch Comey found out he was fired while he was in Calf. giving a speech - our President again behaving like a child.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    These impeachment proceedings sure to come if this Comey memo is accurate will be the biggest TV event since the OK trial.

Would they have to choose only one offense or would they trot out all the impeachable infractions? If they are allowed to discuss them all the trial could take years.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    These impeachment proceedings sure to come if this Comey memo is accurate will be the biggest TV event since the OK trial.
    republicans are cowards and obviously don't care about truth or really care about this country
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Apparently the secret intel shared was not meant to be shared with the Russians and only done so by Pres Donnie suddenly, without warning to staff. Not only that, but McMaster says the Pres didn't even know it was classified or where it came from. (Not big on details.) Just jabbering away trying to impress.

While the press is making a big deal of this, it's really only an example of what we already knew.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    republicans are cowards and obviously don't care about truth or really care about this country
    Oliver Willis‏Verified account @owillis

i'm so old i remember the gop going all in on impeachment because bill clinton lied about cheating on his wife.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.