Page 916 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4168168669069149159169179189269661016 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,320 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Losses sting. I'm a Cowboys fan, so I know a little something about that. Heh. This will hurt for a little while. But Falcons fans, I'm telling you, that team of yours has something going. Got some good young players and an owner who truly cares about the team. Not to mention a shiny new stadium. The future looks real good for the Atlanta Falcons. Early guess, I think them and I dare say, the Cowboys have to be the early favorites in the NFC next season.
    CC don't say that until Romo is on another team.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Losses sting. I'm a Cowboys fan, so I know a little something about that. Heh. This will hurt for a little while. But Falcons fans, I'm telling you, that team of yours has something going. Got some good young players and an owner who truly cares about the team. Not to mention a shiny new stadium. The future looks real good for the Atlanta Falcons. Early guess, I think them and I dare say, the Cowboys have to be the early favorites in the NFC next season.
    No the true fans will never get over this. This was going to be right there with the Braves winning it all.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    One thing the NFL has taught me is expect nothing and any and everything can happen. Falcons could bomb out and only win 3 next year. You'd hope they'd build on this and be back in the Superbowl next year, but it won't happen.

Really I feel bad for Ryan. Did just about everything right all year and all game, one Fumble one a missed block by freeman was the only real blemish.

Screw the NFL, the refs really sucked this time, don't understand how that happens on the biggest stage.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    One thing the NFL has taught me is expect nothing and any and everything can happen. Falcons could bomb out and only win 3 next year. You'd hope they'd build on this and be back in the Superbowl next year, but it won't happen.

Really I feel bad for Ryan. Did just about everything right all year and all game, one Fumble one a missed block by freeman was the only real blemish.

Screw the NFL, the refs really sucked this time, don't understand how that happens on the biggest stage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (02-06-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I believe that was the last NFL game I will ever watch. The more I look at how seasons play out, the more I suspect that the NFL manipulates outcomes. I was surprised at how many calls went the Falcons way this year. It's not something that often happens. I was amazed the refs "missed" that pick play against the Packers. But then I realized the Falcons are moving into a new stadium and need to sell PSL's. Success this year will sell PSLs. So their improbable success shouldn't have been surprising. But PSL success wasn't enough of a reason to give them the Super Bowl. No. The NFL needs one of their most marketable players leading that crazy comeback to draw public interest.

I don't think the NFL meddles in every game but the more I watch the more obvious it becomes that compelling storylines are the most important thing to the NFL. What businessman would leave their multi-billion dollar industry up to chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I believe that was the last NFL game I will ever watch. The more I look at how seasons play out, the more I suspect that the NFL manipulates outcomes. I was surprised at how many calls went the Falcons way this year. It's not something that often happens. I was amazed the refs "missed" that pick play against the Packers. But then I realized the Falcons are moving into a new stadium and need to sell PSL's. Success this year will sell PSLs. So their improbable success shouldn't have been surprising. But PSL success wasn't enough of a reason to give them the Super Bowl. No. The NFL needs one of their most marketable players leading that crazy comeback to draw public interest.

I don't think the NFL meddles in every game but the more I watch the more obvious it becomes that compelling storylines are the most important thing to the NFL. What businessman would leave their multi-billion dollar industry up to chance?
    So did the NFL offer more money to Shanahan not to run the damn football?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    It depends. I don't like you, for instance.
    Feeling is mutual. Not sure where I place you on my list, but I would say top 5 for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Tough feeling to describe today. Unreal play by my boys for 3 quarters. Just bitch slapping them up and down the field. We were clearly the better team by my eyes but that might be the homer in me. We have some REAL pieces. Ones that might be better next year as this is a team of youngsters. The D being on the field for 93 plays was just a back breaker. Run the ball twice and not lose 23 yards and we are home free most likely.

Still just in disbelief, but then I snap out of it and realize I'm a Falcons fan ...this is par for the course for us.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    So did the NFL offer more money to Shanahan not to run the damn football?
    If the Falcons had run you'd have just seen the run get called back with a holding call or something. Honestly, why are we so trusting that the NFL wont try to manipulate outcomes? Why are we so credulous that Manning, the most popular player in the history of the game, won the Super Bowl in his final game without any help? Why do we take it on faith that the Saints just happened to win it all coming back from Katrina? Why do we trust a massive for profit company that has shown an absolute cutthroat dedication to making money to not try to guide results to the conclusions that make them the most money?

Maybe my suspicions are baseless. All my evidence is circumstantial. I just find the results of the NFL to be terribly convenient.

Right now I predict the Cowboys win it all next year. I think the NFL is looking for their next face of the game since Manning is gone and Brady can't be that far from hanging it up. I think they'll look to Prescott to be that guy since he's talented, marketable, and plays for a team with an extremely large fan base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I have to watch three teams do this over and over and over again Braves, Falcons, Bulldogs. The Hawks don't concern me because that's a hopeless cause as long as LeBron is in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    If the Falcons had run you'd have just seen the run get called back with a holding call or something. Honestly, why are we so trusting that the NFL wont try to manipulate outcomes? Why are we so credulous that Manning, the most popular player in the history of the game, won the Super Bowl in his final game without any help? Why do we take it on faith that the Saints just happened to win it all coming back from Katrina? Why do we trust a massive for profit company that has shown an absolute cutthroat dedication to making money to not try to guide results to the conclusions that make them the most money?

Maybe my suspicions are baseless. All my evidence is circumstantial. I just find the results of the NFL to be terribly convenient.

Right now I predict the Cowboys win it all next year. I think the NFL is looking for their next face of the game since Manning is gone and Brady can't be that far from hanging it up. I think they'll look to Prescott to be that guy since he's talented, marketable, and plays for a team with an extremely large fan base.
    I'm sure the NFL manipulates outcomes in some cases and even if this came at the expense of Goodell, the Patriots winning was definitely the hotter storyline.

But the fact remains this team could have taken care of its business. There's no way in hell we should have not gone for the onside kick there in OT. The defense was done and everyone could see it. An NFL coaching staff should have seen it. The Falcons forgot how to play the game late. So if this game was fully manipulated, they would have to be a part of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    But to your point, Striker, the refs missed a blatant face mask on that holding penalty on the drive Atlanta could have put it away on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    At least it won't be difficult to part with Shanahan. Idk if the 49ers even want him anymore.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I figured there would be some loony tunes commentary on here.

The Falcons choked because Kyle screwed up; point blank. Any type of "outsider" recognizes this. With under 4 minutes left and the ball in field goal range to go up 2 scores and 100% put the game away, you are trying to run clock. The Falcons are snapping the ball with 10 seconds on the play clock! They get sacked because a running back isn't even looking at the defensive player. Thats not on the refs. The holding call was 100% legitimate but that is a call people love to argue either way.

The refs were not the reason the Falcons lost. Heck, that defense got away with a ton of holding and pass interference call all game long. How many times did they hold Amendola on routes that weren't called (on top of the ones that were called). It was like watching the Seahawks play defense..........
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-06-2017), Garmel (02-06-2017)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Yes... the Falcons beat themselves on that last drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I figured there would be some loony tunes commentary on here.

The Falcons choked because Kyle screwed up; point blank. Any type of "outsider" recognizes this. With under 4 minutes left and the ball in field goal range to go up 2 scores and 100% put the game away, you are trying to run clock. The Falcons are snapping the ball with 10 seconds on the play clock! They get sacked because a running back isn't even looking at the defensive player. Thats not on the refs. The holding call was 100% legitimate but that is a call people love to argue either way.

The refs were not the reason the Falcons lost. Heck, that defense got away with a ton of holding and pass interference call all game long. How many times did they hold Amendola on routes that weren't called (on top of the ones that were called). It was like watching the Seahawks play defense..........
    Loony toons? It's loony tunes commentary to believe the NFL tries to manipulate outcomes? Why wouldn't they? If they can make more money by playing up certain storylines then why wouldn't they try to make those stories happen?

No doubt the Falcons did some stupid stuff. But even if they had run the ball there's every chance the officials throw flags that way too. Yes the holding call on Matthews was legit but the missed facemask was inexcusable.

Again, I think the Falcons were definitely helped along to way to even get to the Super Bowl. They certainly benefited a ton from calls down the stretch this season and in the playoffs. It makes sense that they experience some success with the need to sell PSLs in the new stadium.

So I'm done with the NFL. I don't want to waste my time on such a manufactured product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Crazy game. Ran the ball like 4 times in the 4th. Snapping it with 10+ seconds left on the play clock....inexcusable. Had to make NE burn those TO's even in worst case scenario. Just brutal.
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Loony toons? It's loony tunes commentary to believe the NFL tries to manipulate outcomes? Why wouldn't they? If they can make more money by playing up certain storylines then why wouldn't they try to make those stories happen?

No doubt the Falcons did some stupid stuff. But even if they had run the ball there's every chance the officials throw flags that way too. Yes the holding call on Matthews was legit but the missed facemask was inexcusable.

Again, I think the Falcons were definitely helped along to way to even get to the Super Bowl. They certainly benefited a ton from calls down the stretch this season and in the playoffs. It makes sense that they experience some success with the need to sell PSLs in the new stadium.

So I'm done with the NFL. I don't want to waste my time on such a manufactured product.
    Yes, if they held on a running play, it might have been called.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Crazy game. Ran the ball like 4 times in the 4th. Snapping it with 10+ seconds left on the play clock....inexcusable. Had to make NE burn those TO's even in worst case scenario. Just brutal.
    I can see being aggresssive but some of that was just dumb. You have a good running game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I can see being aggresssive but some of that was just dumb. You have a good running game.
    Apparently Shanny told people at the hotel last night he blew it. Owning it.
    Ivermectin Man