Page 135 of 458 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 9144

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    This is much bigger than Watergate, which was really very tame by comparison.
    That's pure bull****. It could potentially be bigger than watergate, but we need a lot more info than we have now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    That's pure bull****. It could potentially be bigger than watergate, but we need a lot more info than we have now.
    We all but know for a fact that Russian Intelligence and the Trump campaign conspired, worked together and/or colluded to influence and ultimately throw an American Presidential election. If there were any objectivity left in the world this would be the biggest story of the century. Unless you think they were communicating back and forth about the weather.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    We all but know for a fact that Russian Intelligence and the Trump campaign conspired, worked together and/or colluded to influence and ultimately throw an American Presidential election. If there were any objectivity left in the world this would be the biggest story of the century. Unless you think they were communicating back and forth about the weather.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Fake News. We don't know that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (02-17-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

we know wikileaks has specifically said Russia wasnt the source. We know wikileaks has never had anything they released discredited as fake. We know wikileaks have implied the source came from withing the DNC. We know wikileaks has offered a reward for information about the murder of Seth Rich who was a DNC staff member shortly after the leaks came out. We know Hillary takes money from people who fund ISIS and thatbshe knows that. We know Hillary used a personal server to avoid freedom of information requests. We know Hillary lied umpteen millions times about the emails.

And sure, if Russia did leak the emails all they did was expose government corruption. Only hardcore statists get mad at government corruption being exposed. I welcome any and all leaks about corruption, even if it was about my guy Ron Paul.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    LOL... wow.

The intelligence agency has been heavy on accusation and non-existent on evidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

And sure, if Russia did leak the emails all they did was expose government corruption. Only hardcore statists get mad at government corruption being exposed. I welcome any and all leaks about corruption, even if it was about my guy Ron Paul.
    What government corruption did they uncover by hacking DNC emails ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    LOL... wow.

The intelligence agency has been heavy on accusation and non-existent on evidence.
    Intelligence Agencies are notorious for not showing their cards
    Not sure your point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Intelligence Agencies are notorious for not showing their cards
    Not sure your point
    So they say something evidence-free and we blindly accept it as fact?

CIA has never lied?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    So it leaves me wondering, to whom are the intelligence agencies accountable? Evidently no one. Who knows if they’re telling the truth? Only they do. What are their true aims? We have no way to know. They are, in fact, an unelected shadow government with the unprecedented power of almost limitless information on all citizens and residents of the U.S., and likely other countries as well.

We all recall the mystery of weapons of mass destruction that led up to the Iraq war. Did the intelligence agencies misinform George W. Bush? Maybe he didn’t lie; maybe they did. I’m starting to wonder. Is Russia responsible for the Podesta email leak? How do we know? Because they said so? How do we know it wasn’t the intelligence apparatus itself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    . Kinda the nature of their business - to deceive
    Wasn't the guys alias that had evidence of WMD - Curveball

This is new ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    . Kinda the nature of their business - to deceive
    Wasn't the guys alias that had evidence of WMD - Curveball

This is new ?
    I don't understand... are you arguing my point now?

Runnin says we know for a fact that blah blah blah... we know nothing. We know what the intelligency agency claims, which means nothing to me without evidence.

Remember the golden showers leaks? Yeah... WE KNOW FOR A FACT

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    So it leaves me wondering, to whom are the intelligence agencies accountable? Evidently no one. Who knows if they’re telling the truth? Only they do. What are their true aims? We have no way to know. They are, in fact, an unelected shadow government with the unprecedented power of almost limitless information on all citizens and residents of the U.S., and likely other countries as well.

We all recall the mystery of weapons of mass destruction that led up to the Iraq war. Did the intelligence agencies misinform George W. Bush? Maybe he didn’t lie; maybe they did. I’m starting to wonder. Is Russia responsible for the Podesta email leak? How do we know? Because they said so? How do we know it wasn’t the intelligence apparatus itself?
    I think this is a very good point. Do we need a separate agency having this much power/information and the president not being privy to it? I see their point too, IF they think there's a mole, or just a loose canon in the president's entourage they have to keep it from him/them, but that's a bad idea too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

You should read the Church Report from the 70's . The Senate inquiry after Watergate and the rash of assassinations.

Spyin' is some rough **** - and no, they really aren't accountable.
    Again, it is the nature of intellegence.
    Secrecy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Runnin says we know for a fact that blah blah blah... we know nothing. We know what the intelligency agency claims, which means nothing to me without evidence.

I'm not arguing any point.
    I take whatever comes publicly from the intelligence community with a skeptical grain of salt.
    I posted the reports when they came out and qualified those posts with "unsubstantiated"

With Trumps history - the reports are believable. Butthat is how that stuff works - huh?
    Just like HRC throwing an ashtray

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    FWIW, I agree.

Particularly in an environment where the opposition is in hair-on-fire freakout mode about every minor outrage du jour, this kind of hyperbole isn't necessarily productive. I'm certainly guilty of offloading my personal disgust with the Trump administration and its enablers in a way that propagates this. Several folks on the board have noted the danger of crying wolf en masse, and they have a point.

WRT to the Russian hacking/collusion issue, my bottom line is that there seems to be enough smoke to warrant a thorough and searching inquiry, and that support for such an inquiry ought to be a must, regardless of party or ideology. My personal opinion is that it's potentially every bit as bad as some of us think, and that it could turn out to be a big nothing...and that there's still plenty of room for something in between. My real hope is that there's enough decency and backbone in our institutions to credibly and transparently pursue some answers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

I actually wrote, "all but" as a slight disclaimer. We know that Hillary's private emails were leaked at highly conspicuous times and it's been reported time and again, in a rather understated and matter of fact way, that it came from Russian hackers. No, I couldn't believe it at first either but it did fit a pattern.

The Flynn resignation, which was based on recordings and texts gathered by intelligence agencies, in my view gives validity to claims that they also have proof the Trump campaign was in contact with the Ruskies before the election. We shall see.

I have next to no faith in any congressional investigation and even less in one controlled by the GOP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Sahil Kapur Verified account
    ‏@sahilkapur

QUESTION: Trump has said nobody in his campaign has been in contact w/ Russian officials. Do you believe him?

McCONNELL: "I have no idea."

Greg Sargent ‏@ThePlumLineGS 2m2 minutes ago

Greg Sargent Retweeted Sahil Kapur

If only Mitch McConnell were a member of an institution that is empowered to get to the bottom of such questions.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"