Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Fredi Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Nothing need to be said about him, talented player with a 10 cent brain.
    Tough personality to deal with.
    thank you weso1!

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    The attendance is Fredi's fault too? Fascinating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Who?

<drops mic>
    sturg beat you to it. Do you guys watch baseball? We played against Chris a bunch.
    thank you weso1!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

keithlaw (05-02-2015)

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Nothing need to be said about him, talented player with a 10 cent brain.
    Sounds like Melvin too

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    So why does it matter if people want him fired? If managers are so useless then anybody can do the job. Fire Fredi and hire someone off the streets to save money.

IMO Fredi is below average at all facets of being a manager.
    Hell, you could be winning manager when you run 3 like Maddux, Glav, and Smoltz. Truth is I would love to have seen Torre, LaRussa, and Leyland with those rosters. Bobby was too predictable and routinely got outmanaged by Torre, LaRussa, and Leyland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Hell, you could be winning manager when you run 3 like Maddux, Glav, and Smoltz. Truth is I would love to have seen Torre, LaRussa, and Leyland with those rosters. Bobby was too predictable and routinely got outmanaged by Torre, LaRussa, and Leyland.
    Because Bobby didn't have anything to do with those guys' development. He was never outmanaged by Torre, LaRussa, or especially Leyland. Don't know if you remember, but Leyland had more trouble than Bobby in the postseason.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (05-02-2015), jpx7 (05-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    And I don't think Fredi should be fired because his replacement would be that much better, I think he should be fired because his teams have had 2 epic collapses in 4 seasons. Last year's performance down the stretch was inexcusable. If I was running an office at a real job and my team performed that badly, I would be on the street the next morning. Fredi may deserve another opportunity somewhere else, but he doesn't deserve to be managing the Braves anymore.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015), Braves1976 (05-02-2015), bravesnumberone (05-03-2015), Dalyn (05-02-2015), Garmel (05-02-2015), Hawk (05-02-2015), jpx7 (05-02-2015), Perfect Cell (05-03-2015), zedsdead (05-03-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    And I don't think Fredi should be fired because his replacement would be that much better, I think he should be fired because his teams have had 2 epic collapses in 4 seasons. Last year's performance down the stretch was inexcusable. If I was running an office at a real job and my team performed that badly, I would be on the street the next morning. Fredi may deserve another opportunity somewhere else, but he doesn't deserve to be managing the Braves anymore.
    Nail, meet head.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (05-02-2015), Braves1976 (05-02-2015), bravesnumberone (05-03-2015), Dalyn (05-02-2015), jpx7 (05-02-2015)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    If people want to keep Fredi, have at it, I don't care. I am 1200 miles from Atlanta and can't go to games, but if the people in the city don't show up because of the manager, you have a problem. But you internet superheroes want to keep him, you pay the players salary and the managers salary to watch a losing product. That is on you. It you want to watch mediocre baseball that is on you. If you do not believe in firing or releasing players, that is on you. It seems you do not care as long as they have an "A" on their cap you will back them 100% and I commend that, but what about actually winning something, does that resonate at all? I watch the games for free. So, there is no money out of my pocket.
    It's not on us at all because we don't make the decisions when it comes to the Braves. Thank God the Internet wasn't around in the 80's when there was a lot to complain about.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It's not on us at all because we don't make the decisions when it comes to the Braves. Thank God the Internet wasn't around in the 80's when there was a lot to complain about.
    Well the 80's are upon us. If you haven't noticed.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    LOL. Your arguments have no merits.

Joe Torree had Mo Rivera, Bobby had a turntable for the closer. Again, if we had Mo in the mid 90s things look a lot differently.

But oh Joe Torre, the tachtical genius! He was basically Bobby, except he had Mo, a larger payroll, and a lot more luck. Outside of NY, what exactly did Torre accomplish?

Any by your logic managers are never to blame, only players. Well, it's too bad in Bobby's case he didn't have an ace reliever, and when he went to ours instead of closing our ring #2, gave up the biggest blow in Braves history. And it's too bad that Chipper didn't hit like Jeter in every big moment. And it's to bad that Jeffrey Maier didn't attend Braves game. The Braves had some of the craziest bad luck during that time frame that I have ever seen while everything seemingly went the Yanks way. Torre the magical wizard!

Leland only got past Bobby once in the postseason. And when he did he had a hot Kevin Brown and a Livan Hernsndez strike zone that doesn't even fit in this universe.

And the genius LaRussa only beat Bobby once in the postseason and I don't think he had any influence, as our vaunted starting pitchers couldn't get past the 3rd inning. But that was Bobby's fault, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I think he should be fired because his teams have had 2 epic collapses in 4 seasons. Last year's performance down the stretch was inexcusable. If I was running an office at a real job and my team performed that badly, I would be on the street the next morning. Fredi may deserve another opportunity somewhere else, but he doesn't deserve to be managing the Braves anymore.
    I actually agree with that, but this isn't the subject of the daily bitch sessions.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Well the 80's are upon us. If you haven't noticed.
    Not even close to the 80x,,,

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

clvclv (05-03-2015)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Not even close to the 80x,,,
    My guess is that most folks who would say this weren't around for the 80's, and have only looked up records from that period (at most).

Being a Braves fan during the 70's and 80's was much like being a Cubs fan before they hired Theo and Jed. There was absolutely NOTHING to look forward to, but you still watched, showed up, and hoped nevertheless. Our Little League trips to Fulton County Stadium were almost as exciting as Christmas - except we never got any presents.
    Last edited by clvclv; 05-03-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwood1Hitter View Post
    Outside of NY, what exactly did Torre accomplish?
    The only good Braves teams during the 80's were managed by Torre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    My guess is that most folks who would say this weren't around for the 80's, and have only looked up records from that period (at most).

Being a Braves fan during the 70's and 80's was much like being a Cubs fan before they hired Theo and Jed. There was absolutely NOTHING to look forward to, but you still watched, showed up, and hoped nevertheless. Our Little League trips to Fulton County Stadium were almost as exciting as Christmas - except we never got any presents.
    Actually I was born in the 60's and actually watched Hank Aaron play when I was old enough to know the game.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I find it amazing that after 8 pages of folks defending Fredi's job... nobody has been able to name one thing he does well

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I find it amazing that after 8 pages of folks defending Fredi's job... nobody has been able to name one thing he does well
    He does a really mean Laird impression.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (05-03-2015), Garmel (05-03-2015), Hawk (05-03-2015), jpx7 (05-03-2015)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Pretty much. I had hope that since he was hyped as Cox's protege that he would be similar in that while he's not the best in game manager that he would atleast share similar traits in the way he backed his players and handled the clubhouse. But those two things are as far away from Bobby as they can be. He simply doesn't do anything well. He's just there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Pretty much. I had hope that since he was hyped as Cox's protege that he would be similar in that while he's not the best in game manager that he would atleast share similar traits in the way he backed his players and handled the clubhouse. But those two things are as far away from Bobby as they can be. He simply doesn't do anything well. He's just there.
    in simple terms.......

An overpaid babysitter.