Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 9172

Thread: Meme & Quote Thread

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    No but its about identifying progress which we have made. Sadly, justice doesn't happen overnight but the forcing of it often times hurts that progress. I would like to believe, easy for me a white man to say, that MLK would be thrilled at the opportunity afforded to black people in this country.
    But that's not the point. Just because there has been progress, it doesn't mean Colin Kaepernick shouldn't be trying to make more progress. I'm not sure what you mean by the forcing of justice. If you mean we shouldn't have things like Affirmative Action or whatever, I guess there's at least a substantive debate to be had, but the point at issue is people calling out Kaepernick for protesting actual injustice then thinking they have the right to spout the message of Dr. King.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    But that's not the point. Just because there has been progress, it doesn't mean Colin Kaepernick shouldn't be trying to make more progress. I'm not sure what you mean by the forcing of justice. If you mean we shouldn't have things like Affirmative Action or whatever, I guess there's at least a substantive debate to be had, but the point at issue is people calling out Kaepernick for protesting actual injustice then thinking they have the right to spout the message of Dr. King.
    We are supposed to be treating Kaepernick as a national hero when he grew up in a home where WHITE people loved him and cared for him deeply. Everyone knows there is more progress to be made but at some point that progress has to come from a determination and effort from black people. We have seen way too many examples of black people bringing themselves up from nothing to become wildly successful. We have instituted programs to ensure that black people are given opportunities against equally qualified and in some cases more qualified candidates. For a while in the past I believe those actions had merit because of the systematic issues that have plagued blacks throughout our history. Of course those haven't gone away but now more than ever black people can be successful but its on them to make the decision to do so. Everybody in this country has the opportunity to become middle class.

The outrage is trying to compare MLK to Kaep. Thats a joke.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    We are supposed to be treating Kaepernick as a national hero when he grew up in a home where WHITE people loved him and cared for him deeply. Everyone knows there is more progress to be made but at some point that progress has to come from a determination and effort from black people. We have seen way too many examples of black people bringing themselves up from nothing to become wildly successful. We have instituted programs to ensure that black people are given opportunities against equally qualified and in some cases more qualified candidates. For a while in the past I believe those actions had merit because of the systematic issues that have plagued blacks throughout our history. Of course those haven't gone away but now more than ever black people can be successful but its on them to make the decision to do so. Everybody in this country has the opportunity to become middle class.

No amount of "determination and effort" is going to stop unarmed black people from getting killed by the police, which is perhaps the most prevalent discussion on race in America right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    No amount of "determination and effort" is going to stop unarmed black people from getting killed by the police, which is perhaps the most prevalent discussion on race in America right now.
    And each of those cases need to be reviewed and when they are not all cases are about an innocent black man minding their own business getting shot. In some cases it involves resisting arrest and the potential fear of losing a life from an officer. I still do not believe that any police officer leaves the office and says, "I'm going to kill a black guy today."
    Last edited by thethe; 01-15-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

this comment accompanied :

I’m not exaggerating when I say that every aspect of public life has deteriorated under him.

His administration has undertaken every cruelty within their power to inflict. His incompetence and

malice are the source of daily exhaustion. I saw some people quietly admit they saw the Alabama

race as a reprieve from seeing that goddamn orange face on every single screen every day.

We’re all hanging on by a thread.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-15-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    1. Less regulation on business

2. Lower taxes on individuals and businesses

3. Hundreds of businesses providing pay increases, cheaper prices, and bonuses to millions of employees due to Trump signed legislation

That's a start for me.

I wouldn't mind posing the exact same question when it came to the Obama administration. Care to answer without copying a tweet or posting an article?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (01-16-2018), Jaw (01-16-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    who cares?

I'd rather have National Parks and know that people in Kentucky get Medicaid..

we are the United States, not Bulgaria circa 1958
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-15-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

I wouldn't mind posing the exact same question when it came to the Obama administration. Care to answer without copying a tweet or posting an article?
    I don't think Barrack Hussein Obama would have recorded robo calls for someone banned from the local ( and I mean local, ) mall for being creepy around young , not women,
    girls

It is not all about money,
    Grasshopper

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I’m not exaggerating when I say that every aspect of public life has deteriorated under him.
    Yeah, no exaggeration here whatsoever.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (01-16-2018), Jaw (01-16-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    You asked what good has been done... I named a few things. That has nothing to do with what bad has been done.

Do you disagree that the things I posted are good? If not, tell me why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    who cares?
    Apparently you do. Since you asked the question and I answered it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    I'd rather have National Parks
    Do we not have National Parks anymore?

I'd rather know that people in Kentucky get Medicaid..
    Me too... just wish ACA didn't destroy that state as badly as it did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Oh man...the left in this country just gets more and more hysterical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    They have lost all grip on reality and rational thought.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yeah, no exaggeration here whatsoever.
    Not to mention “we’re all hanging on by a thread.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    There are bad things that happen to black people that should not be happening at the hands of cops but we are a long ways from the time where MLK was protesting. Its a completely different world and there are many black people who are escaping poverty and realizing that society can work for them if they work hard.
    Twenty years ago I was getting hassled by cops too. Some cops are jerks. Most aren't, but plenty are. That doesn't point to some systemic national racism agenda amongst police officers, it means that some cops are jerks. I have no love and little respect for the BLM movement, but one good thing it has accomplished is the widespread adoption of police body cameras. I can think of one small town police interaction I had about 20 years ago where I would have loved for the white cop to be recorded, pulling iron on a white kid who was walking home in single digit temperatures after his truck broke down. The guy was a jerk. He shouldn't be a cop. But he wasn't a jerk to me because he was a racist. He was just a jerk that knew he could get away with being a jerk.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Twenty years ago I was getting hassled by cops too. Some cops are jerks. Most aren't, but plenty are. That doesn't point to some systemic national racism agenda amongst police officers, it means that some cops are jerks. I have no love and little respect for the BLM movement, but one good thing it has accomplished is the widespread adoption of police body cameras. I can think of one small town police interaction I had about 20 years ago where I would have loved for the white cop to be recorded, pulling iron on a white kid who was walking home in single digit temperatures after his truck broke down. The guy was a jerk. He shouldn't be a cop. But he wasn't a jerk to me because he was a racist. He was just a jerk that knew he could get away with being a jerk.

How do you define a good person? If a cop falsely arrests someone to get overtime pay but goes home and is a loving husband and father is he a good person? If a cop lies to cover for another cops crimes is he still a good person?

I would also like to point out in one of the DoJ investigations under Obama a cop was told to clear off a group of black kids from a corner, when the cop says they arent doing anything illegal so he has not justification his superior told him to "make it up". This is with a DoJ official in the car.......
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Everyone in Hawaii is mad about the malfunctioning of the early warning system. Those fools

Hawaii IS the early warning system.

Stole that off reddit.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

thethe (01-16-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Everyone knows that Kaep is more comparable to Rosa Parks than MLK.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR