Page 406 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3063563964044054064074084164565069061406 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Liberals have lost the pulse of the nation outside of new York and cali.
    “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

“These guys are a collection of clowns,” he [Bannon] added.

[...]

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

“These guys are a collection of clowns,” he [Bannon] added.

[...]

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.
    Bannon really is a brilliant man. Wish trump didn't cave to the globalist preassure but know Bannon knows the enemies from the inside and can get the message out there unfiltered.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I'm finally getting around to reading the Bannon/American Prospect article in full. Even if you wholeheartedly despise the man, it's well worth the read.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

- “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

- “We’re at economic war with China. It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing. One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path. On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow.”

- He dismisses the far right as irrelevant.

- "The question of whether the phone call was on or off the record never came up. This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America."

[MENTION=7]thethe[/MENTION] FWIW, I don't think Bannon was 'fired' because his views were unwelcome in the White House or because he somehow clashed with Trump. I think he's just following in the great tradition of Trump shadow operatives like Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Corey Lewandowski. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Bannon was tasked with testing the waters on forming a new party.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'm finally getting around to reading the Bannon/American Prospect article in full. Even if you wholeheartedly despise the man, it's well worth the read.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

- “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

- “We’re at economic war with China. It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing. One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path. On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow.”

- He dismisses the far right as irrelevant.

- "The question of whether the phone call was on or off the record never came up. This is also puzzling, since Steve Bannon is not exactly Bambi when it comes to dealing with the press. He’s probably the most media-savvy person in America."

[MENTION=7]thethe[/MENTION] FWIW, I don't think Bannon was 'fired' because his views were unwelcome in the White House or because he somehow clashed with Trump. I think he's just following in the great tradition of Trump shadow operatives like Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Corey Lewandowski. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Bannon was tasked with testing the waters on forming a new party.
    The article was an inspirational read as it is confirmation of what many have believed for decades.

It's a great thought and I hope that's the purpose. Establishment dems and repubs have completely lost themselves to the special interests and globalists.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Stephen Hayes (Weekly Standard) on MTP this morning:

“I think we’re missing to a certain extent a bigger phenomenon here. Donald Trump is running away from the Republican Party. Republicans are trying to hold on to him desperately. He is saying to them, ‘I’m out. I’m leaving you behind.’ He’s purged a lot of Republicans from his White House. You look to what Steve Bannon told my colleague Peter Boyer in this week’s Weekly Standard. Steve Bannon said, ‘I’m going to good after establishment Republicans,’ and Donald Trump said to him, ‘Good, I need that.’ And we know they have a very broad understanding of establishment Republican which includes Ben Sasse.”

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    A Deal Breaker for Trump’s Supporters? Nope. Not This Time, Either.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/u...ters.html?_r=0

“Let’s be honest, the people who are currently outraged are the same people who have always been outraged,” said Ms. Hicks, 35, a lifelong Republican who lives in Boston. “The media makes it seem like something has changed, when in reality nothing has.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    A Deal Breaker for Trump’s Supporters? Nope. Not This Time, Either.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/u...ters.html?_r=0

“Let’s be honest, the people who are currently outraged are the same people who have always been outraged,” said Ms. Hicks, 35, a lifelong Republican who lives in Boston. “The media makes it seem like something has changed, when in reality nothing has.”
    This in so many ways. And when more minorities vote for Trump it will be a white wash come 2020 (assuming economy continues to churn).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    But ... but ... Rossiya!

---

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...an-dnc-in-july

The Republican National Committee (RNC) expanded its massive fundraising lead over the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in July as the Democrats posted their worst July haul in a decade.

The DNC raised just $3.8 million in July, compared to the $10.2 million raised by the RNC in the same month. While the GOP has no debt, the DNC added slightly to its debt in July, which now sits at $3.4 million.

The Democrats haven't raised that little money in a July since 2007, when the party raised $3.4 million.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    and won all three national level elections 18 months later.
    (D) points to people signing up to be candidates is going through the roof, equally meaningless
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    and won all three national level elections 18 months later.
    (D) points to people signing up to be candidates is going through the roof, equally meaningless
    You think there's a political comparison to be made between July 2007 and July 2017?

Please enlighten us.

It's kind of simple, really: No message, no money.

I'm sure Democrats would love to resurrect Obama to save their abysmal fundraising under Perez though.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-20-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    40-50,000 messages yesterday

I just think the numbers both camps are floating are at this point meaningless

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    If you are saying that anti-Fascism is the new Democratic platform then I think that's a fantastic thing for Republicans.
    Last edited by Hawk; 08-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Republicans learned in 1996 that the presumption of a moral high ground means squat on Election Day.

Democrats should have learned the same this past November.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    2000 - 2010 too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    If you are saying that anti-Fascism is the new Democratic platform then I think that's a fantastic thing for Republicans.
    It will just be something else in 6 months because the dems have absolutely no plan to enrich the lives of all americans so what they rely on is subterfuge
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It will just be something else in 6 months because the dems have absolutely no plan to enrich the lives of all americans so what they rely on is subterfuge
    I believe you are talking about the GOP for the last 8 years. Tell me that great health care system they came up with with all that time on their hands. What? They spent all their time on Benghazi?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I believe you are talking about the GOP for the last 8 years. Tell me that great health care system they came up with with all that time on their hands. What? They spent all their time on Benghazi?
    The GOP learned over the last 8 years that the democrats catered towards minorities and illegals and didn't they didn't give a **** about the white middle class. The GOP knew where to go for votes

The democrats are tripling down on thier stupiduty. Pushing a PC culture and telling the nation that we all need to support all these made up sexual orientations is not going to win you middle America. People want jobs. They don't want to be told that a grown man can follow thier 8 year old daughter into the same bathroom
    Last edited by Krgrecw; 08-21-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    The GOP learned over the last 8 years that the democrats catered towards minorities and illegals and didn't they didn't give a **** about the white middle class. The GOP knew where to go for votes

The democrats are tripling down on thier stupiduty. Pushing a PC culture and telling the nation that we all need to support all these made up sexual orientations is not going to win you middle America. People want jobs. They don't want to be told that a grown man can follow thier 8 year old daughter into the same bathroom
    I agree that the Democrat party (different from what you seem to be referring to as democrats) should be focusing more on jobs and bringing back the middle class. PC culture is a phenomenon with its own momentum, just like the white nationalist movement is related to but still separate from the GOP.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Ryan Lizza‏Verified account @RyanLizza

Ryan Lizza Retweeted VANITY FAIR

Breitbart staffer says if Trump moves left, "We’re prepared to help Paul Ryan rally votes for impeachment."