Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BIG if true: Thor + Diaz potentially for Anderson, Wright, and 2 prospects?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I think AA is a completely different GM than he was in Toronto. His philosophy with the Braves is almost the complete opposite of what they were in Toronto. I think he grew a lot in LA and became a better GM. It would shock me if Pache or Waters were involved in a deal.
    Pache I think not. But Waters I can see.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Toronto was a bit of a unique situation. We arent in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox. He did better than he had any right to in that division.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Are people hesitant to give up something called Kyle Wright and something else for Syndergaard and a year removed of a solid closer?
    aw. reading is hard.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Well don't know anything one way or another but a Jay fan told me shortly after AA's arrival not to fall in love with the idea of any one player being a Brave because AA didn't believe in untouchable players. So I could see Pache, Anderson, or even Riley being the centerpiece especially if my favorite player is extended.
    So a random Jay fan knows the inner workings of AA while he was in Toronto?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I think AA is a completely different GM than he was in Toronto. His philosophy with the Braves is almost the complete opposite of what they were in Toronto. I think he grew a lot in LA and became a better GM. It would shock me if Pache or Waters were involved in a deal.
    I have a difficult time seeing us including Waters or Pache in a deal given the current OF situation. Markakis won't be back in 2020 and Riley really isn't an OF. By 2021, the OF should be set as Acuna-Pache-Waters and if Pache and Waters perform well enough, that should be the OF for at least another six years after that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-29-2019), Jaw (07-29-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    So a random Jay fan knows the inner workings of AA while he was in Toronto?
    I think it's more that Jays fans had a front row seat to AA trading pretty much anyone. This isn't a surprise. AA is a creature of numbers and probably doesn't have much sentimentality.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    Pache I think not. But Waters I can see.
    Given our current OF state, it would be a mistake to trade either. Riley has really been in a slump for awhile, Nick wont be back after 2020, Ender is probably traded by then as well. An Acuna/Pache/Waters OF would be one of the best young outfields in the game if Pache and Waters are as good as advertised.

I dont think he'd move both but i could see him move Waters under the right deal. I think Pache is the closest thing we have to an untouchable prospect and it would have to be a special player become available for him to get moved, i think. When you add in Pache's defense, speed, and improved hitting, he's hard to move in a deal for me.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think it's more that Jays fans had a front row seat to AA trading pretty much anyone. This isn't a surprise. AA is a creature of numbers and probably doesn't have much sentimentality.
    he also had a totally new and different experience in LA. i don't think it made him more sentimental, but perhaps less likely/willing to trade away prospects for win-now pieces.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    But that isn't anything that gives that opinion any special value. He said AA didn't believe in untouchable players. Is there a quote on that? Seems like a baseless assumption.
    Last edited by Carp; 07-29-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    he also had a totally new and different experience in LA. i don't think it made him more sentimental, but perhaps less likely/willing to trade away prospects for win-now pieces.
    Other than Yordan Alvarez, and LA moved him when he was 17-18, they have kept most of their top prospects out of trades under Friedman.

Bellinger, Seager, Buehler, Verdugo, Joc, just called up Will Smith, have Lux coming next year most likely. The highest prospect they've moved is Calhoun and he was expendable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    But that isn't anything that gives that opinion any special value. He said AA didn't believe in untouchable players. Is there a quote on that? Seems like a baseless assumption.
    Seems like an opinion derived from observation. So not baseless.

It's not even a controversial opinion. I would hope that AA had no untouchable players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    This thread needs to GIT.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    I don't think the Braves will end up dealing with the Mets.

But in light of the revelation that the Mets want a backend MLB starter back for Thor and in light of Margot being rumored as part of a deal with San Diego, I wonder how the Mets would see Gausman/Inciarte/Newcomb and Inciarte as trade assets fitting those spots.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    AA should try and use Riley to get Thor. i could see the Mets fawning over Austin.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    AA should try and use Riley to get Thor. i could see the Mets fawning over Austin.

Teheran, Inciarte, Riley, Wright, Wilson. Thor + Diaz.

Done and done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    I think Riley will be a good player, but I'm more than fine with him helping us get thor. Assuming I'm right about Riley figuring it out, the Mets would have some serious thump with Alonso and Riley

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post

Done and done.
    not sure you can deal Ender right now. OF would be awfully weak and shallow.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post

Done and done.
    Wouldnt move Ender until Pache gets to the show. He's the only guy we have who can play CF other than Acuna. Take out Ender/Julio and give in TD/Gausman or Folty if they want ready pieces over prospects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I think Folty could be a lock down closer. If we can’t get a Diaz or Giles I’d take a serious look at it and let him start closing in AAA. On the trade front we have to get another good starter if we are gonna make a serious run in the playoffs and with the August waiver wire gone everything will have to be done by Wednesday afternoon. I expect Tuesday and Wednesday will be pretty active around baseball.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    I think Folty could be a lock down closer. If we can’t get a Diaz or Giles I’d take a serious look at it and let him start closing in AAA. On the trade front we have to get another good starter if we are gonna make a serious run in the playoffs and with the August waiver wire gone everything will have to be done by Wednesday afternoon. I expect Tuesday and Wednesday will be pretty active around baseball.
    Folty doesnt have the mental makeup to be a closer. He gets frustrated if he walks guys, or if players just foul off his pitches in long AB's.

We do need another starter and Tuesday/Wednesday should be interesting to see who goes where. Imagine some moves made today as well obviously.