Albies gonna be traded. Camargo gonna be SS. Calling it now
    Ha, no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Ha, no.
    Hope you're right. Playing dansby at 2b makes no sense to me though. It probably hurts his trade value. Albies is playing 2b, not SS. Seems to me one of Swanson and Albies is on the move if Swanson keeps playing 2b

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    Acuna 2-3
    Hitting .358 at Gwinnett. Wow

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    This FO has taken both our elite SS prospects and turned both into 2B. Freaking brilliant
    Last edited by jpack1; 08-07-2017 at 07:49 PM.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack1 View Post
    Thanks s FO has taken both our elite SS prospects and turned both into 2B. Freaking brilliant
    Unfortunately I think this organization is completely clueless when it comes to hitting prospects. Unless you are outstanding immediately they don't know what to do. It's M's caliber bad, hopefully even if Ozzie can hold his own they get help this offseason.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaGirl For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-07-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack1 View Post
    This FO has taken both our elite SS prospects and turned both into 2B. Freaking brilliant
    For some reason I argued with an with someone who had probably never seen Ozzie play before now. I've always maintained that he was just as good at short as Dansby. Hart even said that Dansby makes the routine play, but Ozzie has range and hands. The yo-yo stuff is maddening to me. Develop one or the other unless you're unloading one. Unfortunately I think it'd be Albies and that is a mistake!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (08-08-2017), Tapate50 (08-07-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    Unfortunately I think this organization is completely clueless when it comes to hitting prospects. Unless you are outstanding immediately they don't know what to do. It's M's caliber bad, hopefully even if Ozzie can hold his own they get help this offseason.
    Agreed

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    I almost want to see what happens if Swanson really struggles for the rest of this month in AAA. Does it force them to FINALLY get the help they need in developing prospects, or do they leave their head stuck in the sand and deal Albies?

If it's the latter or they do nothing, whew lawdy have mercy, they need a reality check to be able to bounce back to being a good organization.
    Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 08-07-2017 at 08:14 PM.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    I don't love bouncing guys around and wish they'd just keep dansby at short. But the part that I can't get over is why this is all happening. They're doing this because of Johan Camargo. That makes my head spin.

No one in the front office thought this guy could hit coming into the season. Then he has a hot month, and now Bowman is writing about them considering dealing Albies and going with Swanson/Camargo up the middle. Even if they get lucky and actually realize Camargo is a utility guy, the damage here is done. They are just clueless when it comes to handling and evaluating hitters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I don't love bouncing guys around and wish they'd just keep dansby at short. But the part that I can't get over is why this is all happening. They're doing this because of Johan Camargo. That makes my head spin.

No one in the front office thought this guy could hit coming into the season. Then he has a hot month, and now Bowman is writing about them considering dealing Albies and going with Swanson/Camargo up the middle. Even if they get lucky and actually realize Camargo is a utility guy, the damage here is done. They are just clueless when it comes to handling and evaluating hitters.
    I was just guessing when I said that earlier in this thread. If we move Swanson to 2b, trade Albies, and use camargo at SS, it better work. If it backfires (95% chance it will), coppy should be fired

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was just guessing when I said that earlier in this thread. If we move Swanson to 2b, trade Albies, and use camargo at SS, it better work. If it backfires (95% chance it will), coppy should be fired
    I know you were. But Bowman mentioned it in his Q&A story today as a possibility that they are evaluating for next year.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

I would lose all faith in the Braves if that takes place.Ozzie will end up being the best player out of the 3 and I don't see how the braves would fail to see that.Im not saying Dansby will be a bad player, I still believe he will be a solid major leaguer but track record should show any sane Gm that Ozzie is the superior hitter and will be in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworm View Post
    I would lose all faith in the Braves if that takes place.Ozzie will end up being the best player out of the 3 and I don't see how the braves would fail to see that.Im not saying Dansby will be a bad player, I still believe he will be a solid major leaguer but track record should show any sane Gm that Ozzie is the superior hitter and will be in the future.
    The correct choice imo is to use Swanson and Albies up the middle... not concerned where they line up.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    And it should be the end of the Bobby Cox "Braves way" era, for good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,699 Posts
    Hopefully Danny Santana doesn't get red hot for a month or we might consider dealing acuna for a starter

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I know you were. But Bowman mentioned it in his Q&A story today as a possibility that they are evaluating for next year.
    Just saw the Bowman Q&A myself, Twitter is abuzz and rightfully so...Dansby and Albies should be up the middle, I don't care who plays where...god forbid a rookie struggles...imagine if Ruiz comes up and is hot for a month, the front office's heads would explode

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Hopefully Danny Santana doesn't get red hot for a month or we might consider dealing acuna for a starter
    How many on the board were considering trading Albies because Demeritte looked good for a while early in the season?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (08-07-2017), nsacpi (08-07-2017)

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The truly scary thing is Carmago hasn't even been good defensively at SS, so even beyond him turning into a pumpkin offensively this move could blow up in our faces because of his defense at SS as well. Sure he has a cannon for an arm, but his range has been pretty poor at SS. He's been tremendously better at 2B and 3B.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to auyushu For This Useful Post:

buck75 (08-08-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    How many on the board were considering trading Albies because Demeritte looked good for a while early in the season?
    That was dumb, too?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I simply don't understand this FO and their obsession with hot month guys. I think Carmargo is able as a utility guy but what freaking nonsense are they feeding us! They say the prospects will show us when they are ready. What the fluck else could Albies do? He outperformed the poster child and is he that big of a threat to the Braves way that you are in yo-yo mode? Stupid. Just stupid.

Damn if Enscheff is going to rub off on me but I'm thinking it's too late. Your number one prospect before the mercurial Acuņa and they act like Albies is not the guy? Put Swanson at SS where you wanted him and let them play for 10 years...or 5 if you a won't pay them....Grrrrr