Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp ends! Finals moves TBA for Opening Day.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Armando Rivero has been outrighed to Gwinnett, which suggests that the Cubs declined to take him back.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The O's (and other teams looking for a corner outfielder) will probably check the price on guys like Seth Smith and Jay Bruce before trying to make a trade for someone like Muk.
    Yeah, Markakis is going to have to go to one of the few remaining stone aged teams that value "consistency" and "playing the game the right way".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (10-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    According to the Braves transaction page, Tony Sanchez (out of options) was outrighted to GWI today . . . not a surprise.

Also, saw where Jerry Crasnick tweeted that Ian Krol did not accept his assignment to GWI and has elected free agency.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    According to the Braves transaction page, Tony Sanchez (out of options) was outrighted to GWI today . . . not a surprise.

Also, saw where Jerry Crasnick tweeted that Ian Krol did not accept his assignment to GWI and has elected free agency.
    Just as well - projected to make $1.3 million via arbitration (when on the roster), and he wasn't likely to figure into their plans at this point. Good luck to him as he gambles on himself - hope he catches on somewhere.
    Last edited by clvclv; 10-23-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (10-30-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Sanchez outrighted to AAA.
    Ivermectin Man

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Most recent moves (Dickey, Krol, Rivero, Sanchez) put the current 40-Man Roster at 39 when you include Lindgren and Danny Santana (on 60-Day DL for now).

Removing Motte, Frietas, and one of Santana, Micah Johnson, or Jace (if not more than one of them) creates plenty of room for any additions.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Mariners claim Frietas.

Certainly won't be any 40-Man Roster crunch now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

rico43 (10-29-2017)

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Going to post 40-man on the OP at the end of the Series.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Reds have claimed Micah Johnson on waivers. Roster problem resolving itself.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    We should be at 38 now including Santana and indgren on the 60 Day DL. We have 2 we're surely going to protect in Demeritte and Dpete.

You still have some trimming to do with the most likely candidates being Luke Jackson, Jace, Danny, Adonis, Hursh, and Mauricio.

The most likely guys to protect would be Dirks, Webb, Pike, Roney, and Mader.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    We should be at 38 now including Santana and indgren on the 60 Day DL. We have 2 we're surely going to protect in Demeritte and Dpete.

You still have some trimming to do with the most likely candidates being Luke Jackson, Jace, Danny, Adonis, Hursh, and Mauricio.

The most likely guys to protect would be Dirks, Webb, Pike, Roney, and Mader.
    I think we keep Cabrera on the 40-man. Guys with fastballs like his simply don't fall out of the sky. I think either Santana or Jace is let go. I'm on the fence with Luke Jackson and (surprisingly) Hursh. Adonis is likely gone. I don't know if we protect any of the last guys you mention. Of them, Pike would probably be the most likely. Webb is a sleeper.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (10-30-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I think we keep Cabrera on the 40-man. Guys with fastballs like his simply don't fall out of the sky. I think either Santana or Jace is let go. I'm on the fence with Luke Jackson and (surprisingly) Hursh. Adonis is likely gone. I don't know if we protect any of the last guys you mention. Of them, Pike would probably be the most likely. Webb is a sleeper.
    I think we'll keep Hursh since he has options. Jackson and Cabrera don't have options, so I think they'll be gone. I agree on Adonis and there's no reason to keep both Jace and Danny. One should be gone.

You have to keep Dirks. He struggled some this year but has a proven track record. Pike could have some value if we keep him and move him to the pen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I think we'll keep Hursh since he has options. Jackson and Cabrera don't have options, so I think they'll be gone. I agree on Adonis and there's no reason to keep both Jace and Danny. One should be gone.

You have to keep Dirks. He struggled some this year but has a proven track record. Pike could have some value if we keep him and move him to the pen.
    with the new rules regarding the DL, having guys with options who can ride the ML-AAA shuttle all year becomes more important
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    I think even though Cabrera is out of options, they will keep him around for spring training. He's the kind of guy who may have some cache as a throw-in on a trade. There's always a pitching coach or two (or ten) that drool over a triple-digit fastball and swear they can fix the guy.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Guessing Adonis is gone, Santana is gone (more expensive than Jace) - there are your two spots for Demeritte and Peterson.

Motte's spot (still listed on 40) is taken by the veteran pen signing (Kintzler or McGee), and Lindgren is added.

Offer Markakis and a little cash if necessary to Baltimore for Brad Brach - Brach replaces Jackson (released), and Acuna replaces Markakis.

Hursh is released so Brothers can be kept.

Leaves room for a 3B signing (if they so choose), and a spot or two to play with if they choose to protect any of Dirks, Webb, or Pike.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Holy hell, Markakis isn't getting Brach back in a trade.

Add that to the list of trade proposals illustrating how little clv knows about player value.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    It would be nice if we had another 40 man spot or two free to use as necessary instead of bringing guys up unnecessarily in a lost season....

For instance, no reason Krol is now gone unless they know he's hurt. He was a relatively cheap LH with some past success. It would have been smart to at least keep him through ST to see if he bounces back.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    It would be nice if we had another 40 man spot or two free to use as necessary instead of bringing guys up unnecessarily in a lost season....

For instance, no reason Krol is now gone unless they know he's hurt. He was a relatively cheap LH with some past success. It would have been smart to at least keep him through ST to see if he bounces back.
    Jacob Lindgren???

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    If the new front office gets Brach for Markakis, they’ll have my vote of support.

However, it’s pretty likely that won’t happen considering Markakis will probably end up a negative player next year while Brach will have more than 15 million in surplus value.

If the Braves want Brach, they’ll likely have to attach a player like Gohara to Markakis.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    If the new front office gets Brach for Markakis, they’ll have my vote of support.

However, it’s pretty likely that won’t happen considering Markakis will probably end up a negative player next year while Brach will have more than 15 million in surplus value.

If the Braves want Brach, they’ll likely have to attach a player like Gohara to Markakis.
    If the Braves trade Gohara for some salary relief and a BP arm with 1 year of control remaining....