Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: GDT: Mets @ Braves game 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm dissapointed with the Braves management in regards to Freeman. Even before he got it I suspected something was wrong. Freeman wasn't driving the ball into the LC gap and he certainly wasn't turning on any pitches with power. He should be put on the 10 day DL IMO. I don't care about the wins and losses and think our pitching can guide us to a 500 record.

Just call up Acuna and put either Tucker/Markakis/Flahrety at first.

Freemans health is more important than any of this.
    I agree with all of that except your claim that something was wrong with FF before he hot hit, if that's what you were saying. I'm not sure what more he could've done. It's hard to hit gappers when you're not getting any pitches to hit.

Acuna will provide some protection soon but for now his wrist and health should be the priority. Snit should never have let him go back out the next game. I don't think BC would have.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-21-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Oh I never loved me some Morris like some guys, just saying we have had/do have other options. I “would” have kept Morris over Ravin. My point being, Ravin has under performed but keeps getting more opportunities than most guys like say Morris because he is AA’s pet project. He should have been cut..just like Morris.

BUT he was an option given, so as a manager goes..I don’t fault Snit for using him in that situation.

AA's pet projects have not been bad so far: Flaherty, Sanchez, Carle, Tucker. Given that track record, I don't mind giving a look at Ravin and would be willing to forgive and forget if Ravin did not work out.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I agree with all of that except your claim that something was wrong with FF before he hot hit, if that's what you were saying. I'm not sure what more he could've done. It's hard to hit gappers when you're not getting any pitches to hit.

Acuna will provide some protection soon but for now his wrist and health should be the priority. Snit should never have let him go back out the next game. I don't think BC would have.
    You're probably right and I'm looking into that game a little too much but he just isn't mashing the ball like we are used to seeing.

The call to play Freeman is an organizational decision. He is the franchise. The medical people had to have cleared him but I would hope the adults in the room (AA/Snit) would make the decision to sit him. AA has been awesome so far. Really pumped for the future of this organization but he made a big mistake in my opinion not sitting Freeman.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I thought Ravin was fine.

One pitch got away from him against a pitcher and Cespedes BABIPed him.

Need more of a sample to evaluate.
    Natural Immunity Croc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (04-21-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts

Some players get to decide when they play. BC let Chipper make the call. But yeah Freddie needed some adult supervision in terms of being given a day off.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    AA's pet projects have not been bad so far: Flaherty, Sanchez, Carle, Tucker. Given that track record, I don't mind giving a look at Ravin and would be willing to forgive and forget if Ravin did not work out.
    Bourjas and Perez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It wouldn't hurt Freeman to ice his hand for a day, even now, a day late. Seems like a silly macho thing/immaturity issue that our franchise player should have grown out of by now. Considering his history with hand/wrist injuries and how delicate that part of the body is in general, it should cause more concern than another injury. He could've easily hurt it more, either in the field or batting.

Freddie doesn't make that error with a pain-free left hand.

edit: If he hits a HR today and another 2B off the wall, I'll admit I was wrong. But I'd rather be safe with his hands/wrists.
    Last edited by Runnin; 04-21-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    It wouldn't hurt Freeman to ice his hand for a day, even now, a day late. Seems like a silly macho thing/immaturity issue that our franchise player should have grown out of by now. Considering his history with hand/wrist injuries and how delicate that part of the body is in general, it should cause more concern than another injury. He could've easily hurt it more, either in the field or batting.

Freddie doesn't make that error with a pain-free left hand.
    I know he got a couple hits Thursday, but has he made hard contact since injury?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I know he got a couple hits Thursday, but has he made hard contact since injury?
    FF is fine. It might hurt still a bit. But he is not going to make the bruise worse. I would rather have a 75% FF in the lineup over most of the guys we have on the bench.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    FF is fine. It might hurt still a bit. But he is not going to make the bruise worse. I would rather have a 75% FF in the lineup over most of the guys we have on the bench.
    I'm no swing expert by any means, but it seems you could develop some bad habits if your hand hurts every time you make contact. This is my concern with FF... it may be a stupid concern

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts
    This much I know for a damn fact- FF wants to win. He wants the playoffs. He wants that now. He is a leader, and he works his ass off more than anyone since Prado. If he says he can play - even at 50%- you can't tell him no. Some modern day "glass boys" could learn a thing or two.
    Paging Cal Ripkin.....there's a bunch of pussies on the line....

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Nice crowd last night of 39k.

If the Braves can keep winning at a decent clip the FO will likely be able to project attendance of 2.5M+ in 2019 and a payroll of $120M or so.

The number we should be hoping for is probably 2.4M this year. That would represent a minimal decline in year 2 of the new park, and means attendance is likely to increase due to winning in 2019. That could lead to payrolls nearing $130M right when young guys start getting expensive.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (04-21-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    AA has done WAY better than most GM’s on reclamation projects. We are talking about pretty much the last roster spot for a pitcher...so not a big deal. I just think it’s funny that people question using him in the 12th inning of a game (in the middle of a four game series). It’s pretty much all hands on deck unless you have unbelievable starting pitching every game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm no swing expert by any means, but it seems you could develop some bad habits if your hand hurts every time you make contact. This is my concern with FF... it may be a stupid concern
    It's not a stupid concern, but FF is making solid contact. He's a true baller. All the more reason his manager will have to make him sit.