Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Original Join Date Here

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Can they ban site admins on Scout?

Not that I will try to post there unless I am curious.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Scout 10/2004 but I was around on it's predecessors.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Mine is listed as 11/3/04, which I don't think is right. I think I had taken a little sabbatical around that time and come back to a locked/purged account, so maybe that's the date when it was restored?

I was there under this handle and another one or two which I don't even remember...I think "Mr. Gerbik" was one, maybe, or something Kool Keith-related like that. Anyway, I remember the transition from Fanhome, and I remember the transition TO Fanhome, but I'll be darned if I can remember what the prior board(s) were. I don't think I was ever on Access Atlanta. I had some fun with the internet archive trying to tack some kind of chronology to this. Other than some massive nostalgia rushes from old, familiar, usernames, the main thing I learned is that top prospect lists from 10+ years ago are fairly entertaining.

I really didn't post much back in the day. I lurked A LOT, and posting was almost BBQ-exclusive for a while. I only had 4420 posts there in 10+ years there, versus over 7K in two years here. I really only posted when I had something worthwhile to add, or maybe an awful pun, but I suppose that now I am just a low-content spammer like the rest of the plebs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yeah I got the same thing. What the hell did you get to get permabanned? They lifted the ban on most people when this board took off.
    Permaban is reserved for a select few.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    Permaban is reserved for a select few.
    Yeah, I apparently pissed patio off really fiercely. He probably didn't like that I was a keyplayer in the mass exodus. Other people who were key players had their bans for that lifted. I'm assuming weso is still banned over there as well as he did the leg work for the exodus.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    My 4420th post got me permabanned. Someone was asking about the new site.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (12-14-2015), chop2chip (12-14-2015), Garmel (12-14-2015), NinersSBChamps (12-16-2015), The Chosen One (12-14-2015), UNCBlue012 (12-14-2015)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    My Scout profile says December 2004, which seems about right. If I recall correctly I first started poking around the internet for baseball news around the time of the Hudson trade, which led me to the Scout board.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    My Scout profile shows I joined 10.14.06 and made 550 posts.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Yesterday.
    Why hasn't mine been changed?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-13-2015)

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    I came over to BaseballBoards.com from AccessAtlanta around September 1998. It was me, MikeAdams, Wilbo, Nocahoma, ERa, Bravejo (we didn't get along at all) Shimmer and some others including a Reds fan and MetsMojo. I actually attended the infamous Mets/Braves game with Brian Jordan's walk off grand slam with Nocahoma, ERa and Mojo. Fun times.

I also was a moderator over the main baseball forum at BaseballBoards/Fanhome for a while and just recently threw away my Baseball Boards t-shirt. I hate that the site BBQ went away. There were a lot of fans of other teams that I met on that board that I chatted with often and that all ended with the team specific sites started to be sold off or whatever.

Hot Nudism was my favorite thing on the internet ever.
    Last edited by rniki10; 12-12-2015 at 11:53 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rniki10 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (12-13-2015), Hawk (12-13-2015), jpx7 (12-13-2015), Julio3000 (12-14-2015)

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    I started on the AOL discussion boards in 1995 or so? I was in high school at the time and clogged up the home phone with the dial-up.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I joined this site on 07-31-2013. I was a heavy contributor over at Scout...and typically I see the Rookie Leagues up to Mississippi so I always provided some insight to some of the prospects coming up beginning all the way back when Terrell Wade and I worked out in Macon. I used to profile a few 'spects as a means to help people understand players aside from metrics. (I nailed the Lucas Sims thoughts...but I digress).

I came over from Scout because there was lot of...just stupid posts, attacks, internet toughism (my word)...and people got away from talking Braves in the Braves forum. However, I'm still on Scout and I know there are plenty of people who rip Bill..but some of the posters are really cool.

High School Draftee kingphatcow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Were you bill era banned or patio era banned.
    Both... but Patio most recently
    Not as smart as Meta, but way smarter than Zito.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    I joined this site on 07-31-2013. I was a heavy contributor over at Scout...and typically I see the Rookie Leagues up to Mississippi so I always provided some insight to some of the prospects coming up beginning all the way back when Terrell Wade and I worked out in Macon. I used to profile a few 'spects as a means to help people understand players aside from metrics. (I nailed the Lucas Sims thoughts...but I digress).

I came over from Scout because there was lot of...just stupid posts, attacks, internet toughism (my word)...and people got away from talking Braves in the Braves forum. However, I'm still on Scout and I know there are plenty of people who rip Bill..but some of the posters are really cool.
    Sorry deester. The op is asking for scout/fanhome join date.
    Forever Fredi

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Sorry deester. The op is asking for scout/fanhome join date.
    Yeah, thanks Don...should have been in the other thread...WOW. Joined scout August, 2003.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Yeah, I apparently pissed patio off really fiercely. He probably didn't like that I was a keyplayer in the mass exodus. Other people who were key players had their bans for that lifted. I'm assuming weso is still banned over there as well as he did the leg work for the exodus.
    Sending a giant cumming cock via PM every day for a week will also get you permabanned. In case you were wondering
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    1/26/2006 - I went by GoCuse14 back then as I was a member of SKout as a Syracuse fan.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    10/20/2002

Took me forever to find out the exact date. I was IP banned from the Scout domain name for a while and they were freakishly aggressive about tracking down my fake accounts. All my posts have been deleted -- scrubbed from the bowels -- but still managed to find my old profile with join date.

If I'm recalling correctly, I created the account when BravesCenter became the mother content site for the FanHome/Scout transition. Had a little over 3K posts in the 4 or so years before I got the boot, but wasn't very active aside from banning people (TheDeathlessHorsie was one of Bill's biggest enemies, as was jasonrbravesfan). Just to toot my own horn, the BBQ was my invention. Thank me later.

My favorite story, which I feel like I may have told here before but can't remember for certain, involves the Hot Nudism period. Bill had inside scoop from an official in the Front Office the weekend before the trade went public that the particulars had been agreed on and both teams were waiting until the following week to publically announce. He wrote up an article announcing the trade and stored it in our content management system. We spoke about it and Bill said he felt he was going to get a 30-45 minutes heads-up on the team's announcement and wanted to go live then. I couldn't wait. I pushed the article (as a 17 year old, 'drunk' off of Bailey's and Kahlua at a house party) late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Bill was livid -- I blamed it on a technical issue -- and I think we eventually yanked the article ... but the damage had already been done and, of course, everyone came out smelling like roses when the trade _finally_ went down.

Good times.

Was over at Braves.Net before, circa lateish 2000. I'm sad nobody from there found their way over here. They must have all died.

Playing the Waiting Game BremanFan88's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    4/24/2002

I'm still banned from reading any threads on scout.
    All you need is Hart and Cox.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Wow.

For the record I have never banned anyone, Patio did it.

I am a site admin for another Scout site and I only ask for one ban, even though I could do it myself, it was approved because it filled up my pm bucket and the report feature, they really hated that dude.

So none of you don't look my way when I was a mod saying I banned you, I didn't.

I can see if I can do anything if that will help you Breman. I do have a lot of power on Scout in that department. I just don't know if it is cross board capabilities.

What was your Scout name and I can look it up and see what the status is?