Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Big Three--What is the Reasonable Upside

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    There is a relevant similarity between Freeman and Teheran to consider. Which is both had injuries in 2015 that depressed their performances that year and arguably depressed their markets that off-season. And both rebounded in 2016. Probably enough so that their value this past off-season was higher in spite of aging, loss of a year of contractual control, etc.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Now you need me to explain the difference in aging curves for pitchers and position players too?

Do you truly see Freeman and Teheran as equivalent situations? You really aren't able to understand the difference between pitchers and hitters, how they age, and the risk associated with each group of players? Or are you just being contrarian and picking random parts of a statement to argue against as usual?

Serious question out of curiosity: Did you go to college? If so, did your college have a class where students analyzed points and counterpoints, like an introduction to debate and critical thinking? Did you pass that class? Or just scrape by with a C-?

Because you seem to really struggle with making logical conclusions and arguing against points with which you disagree using points that are relevant and counter to the point you are arguing against.

Do you understand that bringing up Freddie Freeman is in no way relevant in a discussion about Julio Teheran's value?

Seriously, I'm trying to understand how someone can be so...dense. Help me, please.

C+.. I didn't even have to try either.

I don't have to equate a relevant source to prove your statement that JT is more valuable after an injury, sub par 2015 vs a resurgent 2016 is just a dumb statement. That is like saying Miller was more valuable when we traded for him because he had another year of control over when we traded him to the Dbags. When in fact he was supremely more valuable, because his previous year was better.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    There is a relevant similarity between Freeman and Teheran to consider. Which is both had injuries in 2015 that depressed their performances that year and arguably depressed their markets that off-season. And both rebounded in 2016. Probably enough so that their value this past off-season was higher in spite of aging, loss of a year of contractual control, etc.
    Good point. So why not unload Teheran at the beginning of the rebuild after he posted a 4 WAR season, and rid themselves of the injury risk that could (and did) tank his trade value?

And no, the risk associated with keeping Freeman after 2014 is in no way comparable to the risk associated with keeping Teheran. The probability of Freeman being productive in future competitive years (2017+) is drastically higher than the Teheran's probability of being productive after the same period of time.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    C+.. I didn't even have to try either.

I don't have to equate a relevant source to prove your statement that JT is more valuable after an injury, sub par 2015 vs a resurgent 2016 is just a dumb statement. That is like saying Miller was more valuable when we traded for him because he had another year of control over when we traded him to the Dbags. When in fact he was supremely more valuable, because his previous year was better.
    Just as I figured. I would rate your critical thinking skills at about a C+, so it's starting to make sense now.

You should have paid closer attention in school. You wouldn't be so stupid today if you had.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Just as I figured. I would rate your critical thinking skills at about a C+, so it's starting to make sense now.

You should have paid closer attention in school. You wouldn't be so stupid today if you had.
    I hold your rating system in the highest regards too.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    I hold your rating system in the highest regards too.
    I try to imagine what it would have taken for me to get a C+ in college, and I can't even imagine it. While I was acing (and then assistant teaching) classes like Atomic Physics, Differential Equations, Thermodynamics, Material Science, C++, and Artificial Intelligence at a Top 100 school, you were struggling through an introductory freshman seminar just to get a passing grade at some second rate "college". "Not trying" got me an A- in those classes, which was OK because my end goal was a 3.7 GPA and graduating Cum Laude (with honors).

A lot of the disagreements on this board are beginning to make sense now. Thank you for the info. It really helps me understand exactly what I'm dealing with when I come here.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 03-07-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    I try to imagine what it would have taken for me to get a C+ in college, and I can't even imagine it. While I was acing (and then assistant teaching) classes like Atomic Physics, Differential Equations, Thermodynamics, Material Science, C++, and Artificial Intelligence at a Top 100 school, you were struggling through an introductory freshman seminar just to get a passing grade at some second rate "college". "Not trying" got me an A- in those classes, which was OK because my end goal was a 3.7 GPA and graduating Cum Laude (with honors).

A lot of the disagreements on this board are beginning to make sense now. Thank you for the info. It really helps me understand exactly what I'm dealing with when I come here.
    Lol.. you sarcasm detector sucks as much as your ^pretend classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Good point. So why not unload Teheran at the beginning of the rebuild after he posted a 4 WAR season, and rid themselves of the injury risk that could (and did) tank his trade value?
    This I agree with. After the 2014 season, it would have made sense to trade Teheran. More sense than trading Simmons, especially given the return that we got for Simmons.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Oh good, more of this.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-07-2017), Managuarantano's Volunteers (03-07-2017), mfree80 (03-08-2017), Preacher (03-07-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Lol.. you sarcasm detector sucks as much as your ^pretend classes.
    Pretend classes? Signature bet resolved by posting my transcript?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts

Insecurity alert

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Insecurity alert
    Time to change your signature alert.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Pretend classes? Signature bet resolved by posting my transcript?
    please stop your insanity. Any idiot can create a fake transcript. even you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    please stop your insanity. Any idiot can create a fake transcript. even you.
    Why am I not surprised you balk at a bet? How about I have them mail you a sealed copy? I would consider it $7 well spent.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Why am I not surprised you balk at a bet? How about I have them mail you a sealed copy? I would consider it $7 well spent.
    if you want my friend. if you want to..

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    if you want my friend. if you want to..
    Great. PM me your address. When you get it in the mail I'll tell you what your new signature will be.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You want in on this bet too? I'm running out of time to get you idiots set up with coordinating signatures.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Great. PM me your address. When you get it in the mail I'll tell you what your new signature will be.
    123 Idon'tgivea**** Lane

seriously man. live in your fantasy world all you want. I really don't want to visit you there.. This is a message board not a job interview. I will never be that serious enough to send nor accept someone's "transcript"... nor give out any of my personal info. If you are jonesing to bet, I am sure we can agree on something or you find someone to do your betting with. Lighten up.. No one here cares how big? your wiener is...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    123 Idon'tgivea**** Lane

seriously man. live in your fantasy world all you want. I really don't want to visit you there.. This is a message board not a job interview. I will never be that serious enough to send nor accept someone's "transcript"... nor give out any of my personal info. If you are jonesing to bet, I am sure we can agree on something or you find someone to do your betting with. Lighten up.. No one here cares how big? your wiener is...
    You have hemmed and hawed your way out of at least 3 bets so far. Time to give up getting you to commit yourself to any of your moronic statements I suppose.