Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JUNE 2019 PRE-DRAFT TOP 30 PROSPECTS (NEW NO. 1!)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    What do you guys think is Pache’s long term power projection? Is he gonna be a 15 HR guy or more ?
    Given how balls are currently flying out of the park, yeah I would give him 15 homer power. I think smoot is probably on point. 10-15 on the low end and 25 on the upper end. I'm still a little skeptical of his offensive ceiling, but defensively he sounds like he is otherwordly. I've only seen him once and he didn't get many tough chances.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    we have an chance for a long window of contention
    I think so too. About as long as we could have possibly hoped for at the outset of the rebuild. I'm really hoping that our draft next year turns out well. We should be able to add some impact talent with two first rounders. We need to continue to draft well to mitigate our international penalties so we can keep the waves of talent flowing in.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I think so too. About as long as we could have possibly hoped for at the outset of the rebuild. I'm really hoping that our draft next year turns out well. We should be able to add some impact talent with two first rounders. We need to continue to draft well to mitigate our international penalties so we can keep the waves of talent flowing in.
    That’s my largest complaint with Anthopoulos so far, by far. Not signing Stewart—which, at best, seems like a failure of due-diligence on the medical side; and, at worst, seems like a failure of negotiating strategy—really hurts, given the thinning of depth at the lower levels of the system.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Feel like Touks is too low, and should be 55 FV. Gohara—even though I’m still a believer—seems like he might be too high, at this point, given the regression in his stuff this year, conditioning questions, et cetera. I’d probably flip those two.
    agreed, wonder what they don't love about touki while still liking gohara a good bit.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    That’s my largest complaint with Anthopoulos so far, by far. Not signing Stewart—which, at best, seems like a failure of due-diligence on the medical side; and, at worst, seems like a failure of negotiating strategy—really hurts, given the thinning of depth at the lower levels of the system.
    is it possible AA didn't think much of this draft class (not said to be very deep) and figured if he could get stewart on the cheap, fine, but otherwise take a pick for next year? idk, maybe GMs don't think/act like that. but maybe.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    there have been blunders, some big, but the rebuild has gone really well so far. of course some of that is due to guys who were already in the system at the time, but the system is still completely stacked. that's a great thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I thought this draft class was turrible. Glad he didnt sign.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    there have been blunders, some big, but the rebuild has gone really well so far. of course some of that is due to guys who were already in the system at the time, but the system is still completely stacked. that's a great thing.

Drafting well will be key. Or perhaps trading players at the appropriate time for prospects.

I think the system below AA is probably pretty average or below.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-18-2018)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Drafting well will be key. Or perhaps trading players at the appropriate time for prospects.

I think the system below AA is probably pretty average or below.
    The rosters that ended the year in Rome and lower are absolutely brutal. Likely a combination of drafting college heavy and the international sanctions, but it's really bad.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ9 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (09-22-2018), jpx7 (09-18-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    The rosters that ended the year in Rome and lower are absolutely brutal. Likely a combination of drafting college heavy and the international sanctions, but it's really bad.

There are some arms. But looking pretty depleted. Of course there aren't four Braves blogs cataloging the lower minors in detail this year, so most of the GCL and Danville guys are just names on a stat line to me.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    On the other hand, the odds of drafting an impact player on the 1st round next year are pretty damn good.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Kiley McDaniel

@kileymcd
    17h17 hours ago
    More
    Braves overslot 4th rounder from Stanford Tristan Beck came out looking the best he has in years, 93-96, flashing a 55 or 60 breaker. More 90-93 in the second inning, still some reliever risk, but delivery/arm looked more fluid than recent past.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-26-2018)

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    CJ Alexander, invited to MLB camp, is drawing a lot of excitement from people who would know.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-30-2019)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    CJ Alexander, invited to MLB camp, is drawing a lot of excitement from people who would know.
    I've heard a ton of good things about this kid. I forget if it was Law or one of the guys over at Fangraphs/Baseball America, but one of them said that he played like a 1st rounder in his short time with us. Maybe he'll be a diamond in the rough and will turn into something useful.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    I've heard a ton of good things about this kid. I forget if it was Law or one of the guys over at Fangraphs/Baseball America, but one of them said that he played like a 1st rounder in his short time with us. Maybe he'll be a diamond in the rough and will turn into something useful.
    A 6-foot-5 third baseman, he played three levels after being drafted and hit .352 overall, and an impressive .325 at High A Florida. Total of 69 hits in 52 games, including seven triples! OBP of .429, OPS of .924.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (01-31-2019), jpx7 (01-31-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    A 6-foot-5 third baseman, he played three levels after being drafted and hit .352 overall, and an impressive .325 at High A Florida. Total of 69 hits in 52 games, including seven triples! OBP of .429, OPS of .924.
    Had read somewhere that there's serious concern he'll have to move off of 3B. Could be a potential Freddie replacement eventually.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Halo: Kevin Maitan, destined for 1B? and if so, is his bat enough for that position?
    2:33
    Eric A Longenhagen: Context-free evals by pro scouts indicate he’s not a prospect. If I didn’t know who he was when i saw him, he’d be on the Others of Note section on the Angels list and that’s it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-31-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Halo: Kevin Maitan, destined for 1B? and if so, is his bat enough for that position?
    Eric A Longenhagen: Context-free evals by pro scouts indicate he’s not a prospect. If I didn’t know who he was when i saw him, he’d be on the Others of Note section on the Angels list and that’s it.
    Holy ****
    Ivermectin Man

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Coppy's greatest achievement...making Maitan disappear before we all had our hearts broken?

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Pache is next.