Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves trading for Stroman?

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Stroman would be my top target but why are we believing some random ass dude on twitter? Even if he guessed correctly on a few past trades?
    Respect that point of view, but the way I see it, "experts" like Jim Bowden haven't gotten a deal right since about 2014. This guy nailed a couple in recent months. Speaks to a source, because not a lot of folks were on them. Getting one is a blind squirrel finding an acorn; getting two is possibly good luck. If he gets three, then he is a person to follow.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    IF there's a trade to be made for Stroman and Giles, here's the kind of package I can envision with the understanding that at least Anderson and Pache and maybe Waters are not in the mix.

Inciarte (had to wait until he was healthy for it to go down)
    Foltynewicz (they want big league ready and kid needs a clean start)
    Gohara (ditto) or maybe Tristan Beck
    Clouse (likewise has just begun rehab from IL, and puts a potential close type in the mix)
    Demeritte
    Johnstone (as they continue to purge any remnant of the 2017 draft)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    Stroman and Giles for Inciarte, Wilson, and Wentz.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Stroman and Giles for Inciarte, Wilson, and Wentz.
    That would be a win for the Braves and the best case scenario for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Wright, Wilson,and Inciarte would be my guess. Ender's value I feel is neutral so maybe a third prospect and Ender basically just to even the salaries a bit. He is still very cheap. Toronto could very well trade him for decent prospects if he has a hot first half in any of the 3 years he is signed for. I am a lot lower on Wright and Wilson than others but where would they even pitch if we got Stroman and Giles. Its just going to get more crowded next year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    The girth of this deal would certainly be felt in all areas.
    Ivermectin Man

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Might not mean anything, but apparently Ender and Stroman have removed any reference to their teams on twitter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Wright, Wilson,and Inciarte would be my guess. Ender's value I feel is neutral so maybe a third prospect and Ender basically just to even the salaries a bit. He is still very cheap. Toronto could very well trade him for decent prospects if he has a hot first half in any of the 3 years he is signed for. I am a lot lower on Wright and Wilson than others but where would they even pitch if we got Stroman and Giles. Its just going to get more crowded next year.
    I've got Stroman worth about 36m in surplus with 50% premium included. One of Wilson or Wright plus a small piece is probably the actual cost that makes sense to spend.

I can't really value Inciarte objectively. I would be thrilled with a straight salary dump for a minor prospect. However, if one believes he will return to 2.5-3 wins with good health then he has a little value. I can't imagine another team would see his trade value that way right now, but the homer in me would like to believe that they would. It will be interesting to see if he's moved what his implied trade value will work out to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Might not mean anything, but apparently Ender and Stroman have removed any reference to their teams on twitter.
    When did they remove it?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When did they remove it?
    Was it ever there?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I've got Stroman worth about 36m in surplus with 50% premium included. One of Wilson or Wright plus a small piece is probably the actual cost that makes sense to spend.

I can't really value Inciarte objectively. I would be thrilled with a straight salary dump for a minor prospect. However, if one believes he will return to 2.5-3 wins with good health then he has a little value. I can't imagine another team would see his trade value that way right now, but the homer in me would like to believe that they would. It will be interesting to see if he's moved what his implied trade value will work out to be.
    inciarte definitely has more value than a salary dump.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    wonder if Sogard could come back in a Stroman deal. i could see Camargo being used in such a deal.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts

Ender's worth alot more than a straight salary dump.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Was it ever there?
    Scott Coleman was the one who tweeted about it, but I just looked on the way back machine and it doesn't look like they ever had any reference to their teams in the first place from what I can see. Most likely false alarm.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    I imagine Gausman may have some interest to Toronto being that he has still has a year of control and has experience in the AL East. They'd be buying low on him in hopes of flipping him next year, or possibly help to anchor next year's rotation if they find themselves competing. For us it makes sense given our depth and the contracts being swapped being mostly a push.

Similarly, I imagine Duval or Ender makes sense in such a trade for the same reasons (aside from AL East experience).

Obviously Gausman/Duval/Ender wouldn't be the centerpiece, but I imagine they would have a good bit of value to Toronto.

For Stroman and Giles, I'd offer the following package:

Choice of Gausman/Duval/Ender
    Choice of Touki, Newk, Wright, Muller, or Wilson
    Choice of 40/45 FV prospect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    One of the things I wonder about is if we will be shipping out some major league guys (as opposed to prospects) as part of any trade. Folty, Gausman, Julion, Fried, Duvall, Ender are possibilities. Logic argues that selling teams should focus on getting the best possible prospects and buying teams should be careful about parting with players who could help them in the pennant chase. But there may be payroll considerations at work.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    One of the things I wonder about is if we will be shipping out some major league guys (as opposed to prospects) as part of any trade. Folty, Gausman, Julion, Fried, Duvall, Ender are possibilities. Logic argues that selling teams should focus on getting the best possible prospects and buying teams should be careful about parting with players who could help them in the pennant chase. But there may be payroll considerations at work.
    you don't see Camargo as a possibility? i think rebuilding teams would be more interested in him than those other guys you listed.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    you don't see Camargo as a possibility? i think rebuilding teams would be more interested in him than those other guys you listed.
    I don't think AA would want to give up a valuable bench piece with a recent track record as a decent starter. Depth was one of the biggest weaknesses last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    The Braves beat writers are saying there’s no merit, which means there probably is since they’re all fairly incompetent.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    I don't think AA would want to give up a valuable bench piece with a recent track record as a decent starter. Depth was one of the biggest weaknesses last year.
    i'm thinking we'd look acquire more reliable, better depth if he were dealt. right now, he's not even good depth. but a re-building team could see him as a legit piece.