Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading Inciarte

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    OK, that's not directly related to Inciarte, but the point is that few here realize just how good he is to this franchise. He, besides Freeman, is one of the players that you want to build a team around.
    Agree. Aside from being very good players, I think Freeman and Inciarte set a very good tone for this team. I'm always impressed by how hard Freddie runs out every routine groundball. And Ender is one of those guys (Andrelton Simmons was another) whose thought process on the field seems to be on another level from the average player.

Every team needs to have a couple players like that. On the Braves teams from 90s it was Pendleton. He was the heart and soul of those teams.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-09-2017), JohnAdcox (11-09-2017), Knucksie (11-09-2017), TomahawkCult (11-13-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Just asking once Acuna get to the majors what will be our batting order?

Inciarte
    Albies
    Freeman
    Acuna?
    The Braves never bat new guys that high in the order. Flowers/Suzuki and whomever is playing LF (or if a new 3B is brought in) will be batting 4 and 5.

I'm guessing Acuna 6 or 7 with Swanson 8.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    It's possible the Astros could be interested in Inciarte. Springer is better suited to a corner OF position and it would help keep him healthy as well. Kyle Tucker would be in play here.

The Cards could look to move Fowler to a corner OF spot. This would put them in the market for Ender. Piscotty and top prospect would be a good start.

While a bit unlikely, the Indians could look to go for it now while they are still in their window. Bradley Zimmer hasn't shown the offense yet at the major league level and is coming off an injury. May be someone like Ender could pry him away.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    please stop trying to trade Ender

unless the package is just absurd
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-09-2017), JohnAdcox (11-09-2017), Knucksie (11-09-2017), TomahawkCult (11-13-2017), UNCBlue012 (11-10-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Ender is a player you want on a championship team.

Lairdership is off the charts. Ease Acuna into CF like we did Andruw. It wouldn’t hurt to have them both in the OF. Unless you get blown out of the water I would not trade him.
    Forever Fredi

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (11-09-2017), UNCBlue012 (11-10-2017)

Playing the Waiting Game blueagleace1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    I'm glad you started this Encsheff because I just read Keith Law's story on ESPN which said Ender was probably one of the 10 most most valuable players in baseball (because of his defense, OBP skills, and cheap contract) and that had me thinking of possible landing spots and would this even be a good idea.

My opinion: I wouldn't want to trade Ender unless we were blown away. I think Acuna will outgrow CF and profile better already as a RF. We also don't have much CF depth other than Acuna, Pache, and possibly Seymour. (Waters could be an option down the road)

Now, with that being said and after looking over the teams that could use a top flight CF (your list above was spot on) like Inciarte, I just didn't like our options. Then, I thought of an off-the-wall type trade that could make sense. Here's the thing, I don't know if I'm overvaluing Ender or if this other team would even consider it but i'll throw it out there anyway...

Atlanta trades:

Ender Inciarte
    *Could throw Vizcaino to sweeten the pot if needed

Houston trades:

Alex Bregman

Houston could then slide Springer back to RF, Josh Reddick to LF, and Gonzalez to UTL. Is Bregman too valuable? Just asking...
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    After the way Bregman played in the playoffs I seriously doubt they would consider trading him. Kyle Tucker would probably be the target I’d go after bc we are super light on OF’ers and really would be if we traded Ender. A Tucker and Acuna outfield would be amazing. I wish Pache were a lot closer bc we could really use his defense in case he were traded.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueagleace1 View Post
    I'm glad you started this Encsheff because I just read Keith Law's story on ESPN which said Ender was probably one of the 10 most most valuable players in baseball (because of his defense, OBP skills, and cheap contract) and that had me thinking of possible landing spots and would this even be a good idea.

My opinion: I wouldn't want to trade Ender unless we were blown away. I think Acuna will outgrow CF and profile better already as a RF. We also don't have much CF depth other than Acuna, Pache, and possibly Seymour. (Waters could be an option down the road)

Now, with that being said and after looking over the teams that could use a top flight CF (your list above was spot on) like Inciarte, I just didn't like our options. Then, I thought of an off-the-wall type trade that could make sense. Here's the thing, I don't know if I'm overvaluing Ender or if this other team would even consider it but i'll throw it out there anyway...

Atlanta trades:

Ender Inciarte
    *Could throw Vizcaino to sweeten the pot if needed

Houston trades:

Alex Bregman

Houston could then slide Springer back to RF, Josh Reddick to LF, and Gonzalez to UTL. Is Bregman too valuable? Just asking...
    If any GM values Inciarte as one of the Top 10 most valuable players in the game, the Braves need to trade him to that team tomorrow. That is a mindnumbingly stupid thing to suggest, even for a dolt like KLaw, and I'm hoping that's not really what he meant.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    please stop trying to trade Ender

unless the package is just absurd
    Yeah, I don't really see getting proper value back. And I'm not of the thinking that he's past his peak or prime. I think he'll be the guy he was the last few years for, well, at least a few more years.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    And spending that money one what? JD Martinez? Moustakas?

Would I rather have an OF with Acuna and Inciarte or Acuna and an aging FA the Braves paid full market value to acquire?

I think I'd stick with Inciarte in that case too.

One other scenario that might make sense is Inciarte to the Cubs for Happ, but I'm not sure they are too interested in upgrading over Almora.
    I don't know if Happ is the guy, but I think the Cubs may be a team to target if we are interested in trading Inciarte. I bet Epstein wishes he still had Candelario as a trading chip seeing that Wilson and Avila haven't meant much to the Cubs up to this point. Maybe there's a three-corner deal out there. Like others, I worry about who would replace Inciarte in CF for us.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    braves should have sold high on greg maddux in the mid 90s. imagine the return...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chipchildress For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (11-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I agree that this is a good time to trade Inciarte. I have been impressed by his hitting and think he could develop more in that area but his speed and defense are virtually guaranteed to start falling off soon. I would hold out for a kings ransom this offseason then be more reasonable at the trade deadline/next offseason if I cant get another team to do something stupid. I wouldnt really target ML assets in a trade, I would be looking for prospects in the high minors. I think our window opens in 2019 so I dont want to commit too much to making the playoffs this year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-09-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    braves should have sold high on greg maddux in the mid 90s. imagine the return...
    Bit different fiscal times. We were the #1 payroll then and had money to keep our players.
    Forever Fredi

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-09-2017), JohnAdcox (11-09-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Need The Battery to finish so we can have the millions... AND MILLIONS of dollars to the payroll to benefit our team.
    Forever Fredi

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-09-2017), Julio3000 (11-09-2017)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    I don't see trading Inciarte now as a good idea. if we're building around young pitching we need to be strong defensively. I also think Acuna will profile more as a RF as he matures.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Agree. Aside from being very good players, I think Freeman and Inciarte set a very good tone for this team. I'm always impressed by how hard Freddie runs out every routine groundball. And Ender is one of those guys (Andrelton Simmons was another) whose thought process on the field seems to be on another level from the average player.

Every team needs to have a couple players like that. On the Braves teams from 90s it was Pendleton. He was the heart and soul of those teams.
    Excellent post!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucksie For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (11-10-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    Just asking once Acuna get to the majors what will be our batting order?

Inciarte
    Albies
    Freeman
    Acuna?
    I would like to avoid a 4-man lineup if at all possible.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (11-09-2017), JohnAdcox (11-09-2017), Managuarantano's Volunteers (11-09-2017), striker42 (11-09-2017), The Chosen One (11-09-2017), UNCBlue012 (11-10-2017)

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I would like to avoid a 4-man lineup if at all possible.
    Yeah, but think how many more at-bats they'd get.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post
    Yeah, but think how many more at-bats they'd get.
    And how much higher than replacement value that lineup would be!!!
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Bit different fiscal times. We were the #1 payroll then and had money to keep our players.
    That's not even stating the obvious. Maddux was the best pitcher in baseball and the Braves were a great team.