Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bourn vs Bossman

Called Up to the Major Leagues AUTiger7222's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    And the Twins have done so well with Hicks and Clete Thomas in CF. Can't believe the Twins traded both guys. Hicks simply wasn't ready with the bat.
    Clete Thomas! War Eagle baby!

Playing the Waiting Game Krovahn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    BJ has had a fairly poor year, yes; but, Bourn has been mediocre too.

The biggest implication of having BJ, however, IMO is:
    Spoiler: 
    Everyone keeps forgetting (or seem to forget) the fact that it is 99% likely that we don't get (or try to get) Justin if we do not sign BJ.

Having Justin, especially his hot April when most of the rest of the team was not playing good gave us that 12-1 start to the year. His hot streak also played a good part in our recent 14 game win streak. Had we not gotten Justin, the team would have far less wins and be in a much lesser position than they are in now. In addition to having Justin, CJ came in the trade too, the NL batting leader. Johnson's play, surprisingly has been far better than Prado... which is just a bonus to us at this point.

IMO, Having BJ, Justin and C. Johnson and their production far outweighs Prado, Bourn and Delgado and their production. We would not nearly be as good of a team had we not signed BJ. I will note here that I am a huge Prado fan and hated seeing him go, but it was the right thing to do.
    The division race is much closer this year if we did not sign BJ/ Had kept Bourn, plain and simple.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'd rather have Bourn at the contracts they got but I think Frank wanted a CF'er early.

Sadly BJ has been awful, he's got nowhere to go but up, right?
    It is possible for him to be worse. He's been "hot" lately and is still under .200

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I don't think anyone thought BJ Upton would have been this bad. Bourn is doing pretty much what he's always done. My disappointment has come from the impression that we appear to have overpaid Upton by about $3M/year. Bourn put the Braves in a bit of a box given his impending free agency, but then the Braves put themselves--willingly--in a bigger box.
    This bad? No...but plenty of people, my self included, thought he wasnt a good hitter and thought it was a horrible signing.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe