Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the board's take on this video?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    No I don't think it's easy. But I think it's really easy NOT to detain someone if you have nothing on him. And I think it's really easy NOT to get offended if someone invokes their God given rights on them.

But I'm wrong, we should do whatever they say, no matter the reason, because they are the police and they said so
    You act like the cops was asking that person to do something crazy.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    You act like the cops was asking that person to do something crazy.
    He was asking (or demanding) that that person couldn't leave when they had nothing on them. He demanded the girl stay in the car. He wouldn't willingly let them video tape.

All of this is "something crazy"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No I don't think it's easy. But I think it's really easy NOT to detain someone if you have nothing on him. And I think it's really easy NOT to get offended if someone invokes their God given rights on them.

But I'm wrong, we should do whatever they say, no matter the reason, because they are the police and they said so
    I just don't see the issue with momentarily being detained. Obviously, I'm not talking about something even as long as 15 minutes but to do a simple background check and a couple of questions is not out of line. We are among the safest nations in the world and law enforcement contributes to that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    He was asking (or demanding) that that person couldn't leave when they had nothing on them. He demanded the girl stay in the car. He wouldn't willingly let them video tape.

They had nothing on them at the time. Its part of a cops responsiblity to ensure that they aren't letting a criminal go. After a routine background check and a series of questions they are let go. But, if you want to be dicks to them its just human nature to be a dick back in any way they can be.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

This was after the person was confrontational.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I thought MadTV got cancelled. Is it back on the air?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    This was after the person was confrontational.
    Not at all... They pulled him over. The kid asked what he did wrong. The cop had no legal answer. The cop asked him to get out of the car. The kid asked if he was being detained. Only then did the kid getn angry and he ad every reason to be angry. It was also super respectful of the cop to slam the car door in the face of the girl.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    sturg probably thinks the cops who let Jeffrey Dahmer take his escaped victim back home were heroes.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Not at all... They pulled him over. The kid asked what he did wrong. The cop had no legal answer. The cop asked him to get out of the car. The kid asked if he was being detained. Only then did the kid getn angry and he ad every reason to be angry. It was also super respectful of the cop to slam the car door in the face of the girl.
    The video starts out with the kid being confrontational. If you don't believe that, then there is no arguing with you.

Basically kids starts these things with cops and are clearly trying to antagonize them, then they run and post them on youtube and try to act like innocent victims.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    The video starts out with the kid being confrontational. If you don't believe that, then there is no arguing with you.

Basically kids starts these things with cops and are clearly trying to antagonize them, then they run and post them on youtube and try to act like innocent victims.
    I think the video camera will probably bring down civilization as we know it. And I'm only half kidding when I say that.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Having said that, I would love for people to have cameras when real police injustice happens. Not antagonize cop and waste everyones time so you can circle jerk on youtube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

And of course all the coward talk was 100% necessary. This **** is such a joke and the fact that people eat this up is pathetic.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Kid follows the cops trying to provoke them. Then starts screaming at them "Why are you being a bully! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

So they're the bully in this scenario. That makes sense.

And then when the cops try to legally do their job, he screams at them even more

"You know I don't have any Guns! You know I don't have any warrants!"

I guess he wants the cops to not obey the law and give him special treatment because "they know him."
    Last edited by Carp; 08-19-2013 at 09:53 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Actually he told them they could video anything they wanted to if you heard him. When the cop actually did detain him he would not let him have his phone and that is completely legal. The girl had every right to keep video taping from inside the car.

As per keeping the girl in the car, I'm fairly certain the supreme court has ruled on this and the police have every right to either keep the passenger in the vehicle or have them step out as well. And the reason for this is to keep the police officer safe. While the supreme court did say that this did intrude on their personal liberties they found that "as a practical matter, passengers are already stopped...so the additional intrusion upon them is minimal."

So to my knowledge, there is legal precedent to keep the passenger in the car.
    Last edited by Carp; 08-19-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Why do people have issues with cops? Outside of a couple of times being pulled over for speeding, I've never encountered them. I mind my own business, obey the laws, and have never had much of an interaction with them. Seems like everyone else with half a brain should be the same way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    Why do people have issues with cops? Outside of a couple of times being pulled over for speeding, I've never encountered them. I mind my own business, obey the laws, and have never had much of an interaction with them. Seems like everyone else with half a brain should be the same way.
    Exactly. Cops used to bust our balls when I was younger. I grew up and they don't have a part in my life anymore.
    Natural Immunity Croc