Page 473 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573973 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Wow, no way to include html code in posts transparently?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Now the fight over tax reform begins. https://apnews.com/f609602269d54524aa14e1d9c74ec97c

Some details:

1. Double the standard deduction to $24,000 per couple/$12,000 per individual
    2. Cut corporate rate from 35% to 20%
    3. Reduce tax brackets from 7 to 3
    4. Leaves intact mortgage interest and charitable donation deductions
    5. Increases bottom tax rate from 10% to 12%

Sen. Chuck Schumer says Trump’s plan only gives “crumbs” to the middle class, while top-bracket earners making more than a half-million dollars a year would reap a windfall.

The New York Democrat also blasted the plan for actually increasing the bottom tax rate from 10 percent to 12 percent, calling it a “punch to the gut of working Americans.”

Schumer said the plan is little more than an “across-the-board tax cut for America’s millionaires and billionaires.”

President Donald Trump has two red lines that he refuses to cross on overhauling taxes: the corporate rate must be cut to 20 percent and the savings must go to the middle class.

Gary Cohn, the president’s top economics aide, says any overhaul signed by the president needs to include these two elements.

Trump had initially pushed for cutting the 39.6 percent corporate tax rate to 15 percent.

The administration says that the benefits of any tax cut will not favor the wealthy, with Cohn saying that an additional tax bracket could be added to levy taxes on the top one percent of earners if needed.

Starting from the top, I like 1-3. Higher standard deductions are the lowest hanging fruit when you want to provide a greater positive impact on low income families. The lower corporate tax rate is easily politicized, but easily understood thanks to corporations like Apple keeping massive amounts of cash offshore. Repatriation of that money, and of entire corporations, would go a long way toward helping the economy and increasing our tax revenue. Fewer tax brackets simplifies the tax code, always a good thing. This is also the most likely place to game tax cuts for those who <strike>donate to campaigns</strike> earn the most, so it will deserve the most scrutiny.

Increasing the bottom tax rate from 10%-12%? What are they thinking here? Yes, it's obvious to anyone with multiple brain cells that the people in the bottom tax rate will still benefit from this plan overall, thanks to the doubled deduction. It should also be obvious that this increase will be painted in the worst possible light when the story runs on the nightly news and Twitter feeds.

My hope is that this is a placeholder, thrown in to allow Schumer to negotiate it away. The failure to include the extra bracket for the top 1% in the initial plan falls into the same category. That hope seems ridiculously optimistic.
    Apple has their international principals in Ireland and Singapore - safe, legal, and protected. If you think they are restructuring and repatriating that income then I have some beach front property to sell them you in Cork.
    Last edited by chop2chip; 09-27-2017 at 11:41 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Oh man, I would LOVE to live in Cork. This Georgia heat has become tiresome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (09-27-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    this idiot still going on about the anthem and his little fascists fall in line to cry and moan cause they think it's an attack on their military fetishism

not standing for the anthem if you don't want to for whatever reason is exactly why this country is great
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I bet this will give thethe and krg their biggest boners yet.

https://gizmodo.com/us-homeland-secu...dia-1818777094
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    this idiot still going on about the anthem and his little fascists fall in line to cry and moan cause they think it's an attack on their military fetishism

not standing for the anthem if you don't want to for whatever reason is exactly why this country is great
    I agree.

But you don't seem to apply this same logic to the confederate flag.

Weird

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    http://www.postandcourier.com/politi...98203bb3e.html

U.S. Sen. Tim Scott, the Senate's lone black Republican, said Wednesday that NFL players should not protest during the national anthem.

"I think every man, woman, child should stand for the national anthem. That should go without question," the South Carolina senator told CNBC.

Though Scott said he did not agree with the form of protest, he urged people to think about the deeper issues behind the act itself by asking a simple question.

"We should also ask ourselves the question: Why are they kneeling?" Scott said. "If we were able to reinforce the fact that we all should stand and delve into the challenges that have some players kneeling, we'll be in a better place as a country."
    Nothing should go without question.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I agree.

But you don't seem to apply this same logic to the confederate flag.

Weird
    Or free speech
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    The best part of this anthem controversy is that basically everybody agrees on these two points.

1. The flag and what it symbolizes should be respected
    2. Freedom of expression should be protected

Why we are still fighting about this baffles me. If the media and trump stopped putting wood on this fire it would burn out so quickly.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-27-2017), sturg33 (09-27-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Report that Kushner voted as a woman.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I bet this will give thethe and krg their biggest boners yet.

https://gizmodo.com/us-homeland-secu...dia-1818777094
    (5) expand the categories of records to include the following: country of nationality; country of residence; the USCIS Online Account Number; social media handles, aliases, associated identifiable information, and search results; and the Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review and Board of Immigration Appeals proceedings information

[...]

(11) update record source categories to include publicly available information obtained from the internet, public records, public institutions, interviewees, commercial data providers, and information obtained and disclosed pursuant to information sharing agreements;

I read this first and thought, "Yeah, they're illegal immigrants. Track 'em."

It's not illegal immigrants. It's all immigrants. Even naturalized citizens. While everyone is arguing about flags and football fields, Big Brother slips this in. This is insanity.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-28-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    (5) expand the categories of records to include the following: country of nationality; country of residence; the USCIS Online Account Number; social media handles, aliases, associated identifiable information, and search results; and the Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review and Board of Immigration Appeals proceedings information

[...]

(11) update record source categories to include publicly available information obtained from the internet, public records, public institutions, interviewees, commercial data providers, and information obtained and disclosed pursuant to information sharing agreements;

It's not illegal immigrants. It's all immigrants. Even naturalized citizens. While everyone is arguing about flags and football fields, Big Brother slips this in. This is insanity.
    Exactly why I said thethe and especially krg would have big boners.
    Forever Fredi

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-28-2017)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

[...]

The government knows all of this about you and I.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Hawk (09-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Their having the knowledge is a long step from codifying their right to have the knowledge.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Their having the knowledge is a long step from codifying their right to have the knowledge.
    My point Is if the government knows everything about you and i, what’s the big deal with the government knowing everything about immigrants too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I think the government has given themselves enough access to what should be private information over the last 16 years.

I don't think it is okay when more privacy is taken from any law abiding citizens of this country.

In an effort to take away the ability of jihadis to terrorize us, we keep giving our government more of that ability. These guys should have better things to do than find out what Julio Teheran's snapchat name is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Report that Kushner voted as a woman.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Danny Zuker‏Verified account @DannyZuker 7h7 hours ago

Trump announces vague plan.
    Idiots cheer.
    Plan fails.
    Trump blames someone else.
    Repeat.

46 replies 704 retweets 3,017 likes
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (09-28-2017), Runnin (09-28-2017)