Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfannchar View Post
    Enscheff,

I do have a question for you that I find rather interesting. Has your take on Camargo changed at all? I saw one of your “pals” signature had a quote from you a year ago this week. Just curious if your mindset has changed as the player has.
    Same as it has been...good utility player on a contending team.

Good utility players produce 2+ wins over the course of 600 PAs. Guys like Prado and Infante as very valuable.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Sure. I am talking about actually contending...not making it to the WS and getting swept....
    Umm...A WS appearance would make the season a monumental success. A playoff appearance would be a huge success. This season is already a success overall.

The Braves have played 3 months of good baseball after 3 years of being horrid, and fans are already too spoiled to be excited about making the playoffs?

Here's a new flash...the Braves are probably never going to be as good as teams with smart FOs that can spend $200M per year on payroll. The Braves need to set their sights on making the playoffs, and then bucking the 40%-45% chance they will have to win the whole thing once they get there.

Like this year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Martin Prado had a 4 year run where he averaged slightly over 3 WAR...I think Camargo will have a peak that is slightly better...3.5-4 WAR per year over a 3-5 year period
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-13-2018), JohnAdcox (07-14-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Umm...A WS appearance would make the season a monumental success. A playoff appearance would be a huge success. This season is already a success overall.

The Braves have played 3 months of good baseball after 3 years of being horrid, and fans are already too spoiled to be excited about making the playoffs?

Here's a new flash...the Braves are probably never going to be as good as teams with smart FOs that can spend $200M per year on payroll. The Braves need to set their sights on making the playoffs, and then bucking the 40%-45% chance they will have to win the whole thing once they get there.

Like this year...
    Agreed. This is all I’m saying....if we win it all...it will be because we played very well AND were lucky. There are no moves out there that will make us catch up to the big dogs. They have huge pockets and will be making probably another big trade (like the Yankees with Machado), to become even better.

Some are saying the time is now. If we have a chance, we should make the big rental type trades. I disagree. Because of our limited budget, we have to be very careful. If we are...we can be competitive for many years. If we aren’t, we will have a small window and will be rebuilding again sooner than later. I guess it’s all in what you want. Me personally...I would like to be competitive as long as possible...and I know that means not making any BIG moves this year. That will mean a bullpen arm or two (at best) as the only big moves this year.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    In today's game, relief pitchers aren't a dime-a-dozen. The fact we have someone like Moylan eating innings (and some relatively important ones at that) proves we need some help out there. Failed starters don't automatically become stellar relief pitchers. Maybe I misspoke when I said a top twenty prospect, but if we could move someone like Sims (realize Sims alone won't net us much) for some bullpen help, that would be a plus. In the playoffs, it's all about shortening the game. Our bullpen in its current shape really isn't equipped for that.
    the biggest drawback to all of the alternative theories about how to configure and structure pitching staffs. Dependable relievers are not in fact plentiful or cheap.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Martin Prado had a 4 year run where he averaged slightly over 3 WAR...I think Camargo will have a peak that is slightly better...3.5-4 WAR per year over a 3-5 year period
    Weird that he would be exactly like a former Brave.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,969 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    Why would you give up a top 20 prospect for a relief pitcher? I understand we need bullpen help, but bullpen arms are a dime a dozen and so volatile. I would much rather keep the pitching prospects we have and turn them into relievers if they falter starting.
    Guys like A-Jax, Demerrite, Dustin Peterson, Ricardo Sanchez, Ynoa, Lucas Herbert, etc. These guys are top 20 prospects (or borderline). I honestly don't see why anyone would be that upset to see them traded away for real Major league help. The odds of any of them reaching the majors and be more than a bench player is pretty low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Guys like A-Jax, Demerrite, Dustin Peterson, Ricardo Sanchez, Ynoa, Lucas Herbert, etc. These guys are top 20 prospects (or borderline). I honestly don't see why anyone would be that upset to see them traded away for real Major league help. The odds of any of them reaching the majors and be more than a bench player is pretty low.
    I've been working off a similar list. I'd add Wisler, Sims, de la Cruz, Cumberland, Ruiz, Javier and Encarnacion to it.

But I'd also be willing to part with a higher rated prospect, someone like Wentz or Fried, for the right player (not a rental). I'd try to avoid it. But I wouldn't rule it out.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,969 Posts
    I've been working off a similar list. I'd add Wisler, Sims, de la Cruz, Ruiz, Javier and Encarnacion to it.

But I'd also be willing to part with a higher rated prospect, someone like Wentz or Fried, for the right player (not a rental). I'd try to avoid it. But I wouldn't rule it out.
    This basically, but I wouldn't be so willing to add Wisler. Seems like he is figuring some stuff out. Either way, I like him as depth and spot starter, so I wouldn't trade him for a LH middle reliever or a rental that isn't projected to add at least 1 WAR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,875 Posts
    Whoa. Like button
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Weird that he would be exactly like a former Brave.
    Better than a former Brave - per nsacpi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (07-13-2018)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueagleace1 View Post
    He's the main reason I don't post anymore.
    Well, dont post that he acts like an insufferable prick tho...you will get your post deleted and a PM. Apparently there isn't a stat or fancy analytic to prove it.

I will accept my banishment if needed for reiterating my point.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBrave14 View Post
    Well, dont post that he acts like an insufferable prick tho...you will get your post deleted and a PM. Apparently there isn't a stat or fancy analytic to prove it.

I will accept my banishment if needed for reiterating my point.
    Is this delusion truly what you think goes down around here?

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Is this delusion truly what you think goes down around here?
    I don't think your actions towards other posters is a delusion at all actually.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    I don't think your actions towards other posters is a delusion at all actually.
    Towards some posters for sure.

I was referring to the delusion of yours where you think negative posts towards me get deleted and the posters get reprimanded.

Don’t try to sidestep your comments now.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,830 Posts

I was referring to the delusion of yours where you think negative posts towards me get deleted and the posters get reprimanded.

I mean who do they think runs the site, Ender?

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

So, are you saying that I am making it up that I got a PM and told to cool my jets and then the post was deleted?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    So, are you saying that I am making it up that I got a PM and told to cool my jets and then the post was deleted?
    Nope. You probably resorted to something overly sexist, homophonic, bigoted and/or offensive language. It’s where low IQ people always take disagreements.

I’m sure you think that’s the equivalent to calling someone ignorant, but the majority of the world disagrees. Now you get to play the victim. Have at it, you poor downtrodden soul.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I get tired of the pot shots by both sides. All the belittling that goes on is really annoying. I read this site everyday for the updates on prospects and stuff but man....sometimes it is very difficult. So much childish behavior is allowed. The signatures that quote other posters' old messages is just as bad. Why point out so publicly when someone is wrong? It's all so childish. I really wish the site admins/mods would take it more seriously. And it's not just enscheff. It's those going after him as well.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 4maddux_cy's For This Useful Post:

mfree80 (07-13-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
    I get tired of the pot shots by both sides. All the belittling that goes on is really annoying. I read this site everyday for the updates on prospects and stuff but man....sometimes it is very difficult. So much childish behavior is allowed. The signatures that quote other posters' old messages is just as bad. Why point out so publicly when someone is wrong? It's all so childish. I really wish the site admins/mods would take it more seriously. And it's not just enscheff. It's those going after him as well.
    Personally, I want to see all sigs frozen as they currently are.