Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The War on Police Continues

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    we lock up people for long periods of time for a plant that grows wild and doesn't kill anyone

yes, i would say it is unjust
    Cant argue with that.
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    Cant argue with that.

You can't possibly believe people are in jail for long periods of time for weed possession. That's ludicrous.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You can't possibly believe people are in jail for long periods of time for weed possession. That's ludicrous.
    Sure I can. I work in Law Enforcement. Our jail is clogged with people in here for Marijuana related charges.

And define "long periods of time." Maybe not for a simple poss of marijuana charge. But trafficking marijuana, manufacturing marijuana, and possession with intent to distribute are all felony charges that carry a decent amount of time for them.
    Last edited by Tomahawking4life; 12-20-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    hell, it's unjust to fine citizens for a plant and to take away their freedom for a night imo for it

but we have people in this country serving life sentences for pot.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    I'll just leave this here:

For Christos and Markela Sourovelis, for whom the worst thing was losing their home, “Room 101” was Courtroom 478 in City Hall. This “courtroom’s” name is Orwellian: There was neither judge nor jury in it. There the city government enriched itself — more than $64 million in a recent 11-year span — by disregarding due process requirements in order to seize and sell the property of people who have not been accused, never mind convicted, of a crime.

[...] At a 2015 Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on forfeiture abuses, [Senator Jeff Sessions said:] In seizing property suspected of involvement in a crime, government “should not have a burden of proof higher than in a normal civil case.”

IJ’s Robert Everett Johnson notes that this senator missed a few salient points: In civil forfeiture there usually is no proper “judicial process.” There is no way of knowing how many forfeitures involve criminals because the government takes property without even charging anyone with a crime. The government’s vast prosecutorial resources are one reason it properly bears the burden of proving criminal culpability “beyond a reasonable doubt.” A sued businessperson does not have assets taken until he or she has lost in a trial, whereas civil forfeiture takes property without a trial and the property owner must wage a protracted, complex and expensive fight to get it returned. The Senate Judiciary Committee might want to discuss all this when considering the nominee to be the next attorney general, Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.
    Last edited by jpx7; 12-24-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    It doesn't require a long prison sentence to screw people's lives. The arrest, getting a criminal record, and general social stigma. Legalization has been tried in Portugal. Nothing but good came from it. I am so pro-cop when it comes to catching murders, rapists, thieves, etc. I don't know if anyone has heard of the blue eyes brown eyes experiment but I think that is largely what has happened to the black community. My thoughts on black culture would have most people calling me racist. It's toxic in my opinion and it doesn't just affect black people.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.