Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Obama, won't forget ya...

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Actions speak louder than words. Nice of Obama to give Trump additional authoritarian power

With mere days left before President-elect Donald Trump takes the White House, President Barack Obama’s administration just finalized rules to make it easier for the nation’s intelligence agencies to share unfiltered information about innocent people.

New rules issued by the Obama administration under Executive Order 12333 will let the NSA—which collects information under that authority with little oversight, transparency, or concern for privacy—share the raw streams of communications it intercepts directly with agencies including the FBI, the DEA, and the Department of Homeland Security, according to a report today by the New York Times.
    Link

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    What I'll miss about President Obama - his poise, confidence, dignity, and the love he displayed for his family. I think conservative critics of his policies (and I am one of those) ought to be careful not to miss that which was truly praiseworthy. Peggy Noonan figured it out. Link.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-14-2017), Julio3000 (01-14-2017), mqt (01-15-2017), Oklahomahawk (01-14-2017), Runnin (01-13-2017), Tapate50 (01-13-2017)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think President Obama is an outstanding man, a good role model (per the article BB linked), and a pretty damned good president, given the circumstances of his time in office. There is no shortage of mistakes and disappointments to point out, but I think he bore the burden of the often unrealistic hopes and expectations placed upon him with notable aplomb.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-14-2017), mqt (01-15-2017), Oklahomahawk (01-14-2017), Runnin (01-13-2017), Tapate50 (01-13-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I think Obama was pretty terrible. He's a celebrity first president. His whole presidency was defined by his celebrity and imo, that helped lead to the Trump era we're now in. Tween girls love the guy. He also acquiesced to the social justice warrior movement, which has been a significant blight on those who believe in the right of free speech. This idea that his circumstances were particularly challenging is absurd. Obama came in a few months after a potential depression had been prevented. He should have seen a period of great economic growth. That didn't happen. He's an enemy of the republic. He seems to hate state rights. Who he is as a man is nice, but it could all just be a facade for all I know. It's meaningless. His policies were crap. That's the most important thing.
    thank you weso1!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-14-2017), sturg33 (01-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I think Obama was pretty terrible. He's a celebrity first president. His whole presidency was defined by his celebrity and imo, that helped lead to the Trump era we're now in. Tween girls love the guy. He also acquiesced to the social justice warrior movement, which has been a significant blight on those who believe in the right of free speech. This idea that his circumstances were particularly challenging is absurd. Obama came in a few months after a potential depression had been prevented. He should have seen a period of great economic growth. That didn't happen. He's an enemy of the republic. He seems to hate state rights. Who he is as a man is nice, but it could all just be a facade for all I know. It's meaningless. His policies were crap. That's the most important thing.
    Can you cite a credible source that supports the argument that Obama should have overseen a period of great economic growth?

An enemy of the republic? Wha?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Can you cite a credible source that supports the argument that Obama should have overseen a period of great economic growth?

We saw tremendous growth after the Great Depression and during the great Reagan years. We've seen comparatively stale growth with Obama by a significant margin.

Obama is pretty clearly an enemy of the republic, imo. He wants the federal government to gain significantly more power and wants to weaken the power of the republic.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We saw tremendous growth after the Great Depression and during the great Reagan years. We've seen comparatively stale growth with Obama by a significant margin.

Obama is pretty clearly an enemy of the republic, imo. He wants the federal government to gain significantly more power and wants to weaken the power of the republic.
    Thats due to Obamas complete lack of understanding for basic economic principles. The governments job is to create an environment whereby private enterprise is incentivized to grow. That is the only way for true econcomic prosperity. Its the continued approach from the left however of taxing people out of poverty which only accomplishes impacting the middle class.
    Natural Immunity Croc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-14-2017)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Thats due to Obamas complete lack of understanding for basic economic principles. The governments job is to create an environment whereby private enterprise is incentivized to grow. That is the only way for true econcomic prosperity. Its the continued approach from the left however of taxing people out of poverty which only accomplishes impacting the middle class.
    Unfortunately the incoming administration might be even more clueless

13. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-14-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Unfortunately the incoming administration might be even more clueless
    They certainly may be on many issues but I think he is going to be a great economic president.

Those that are 'market capitalists' need to understand that the global economy hurts Americans more than it helps. I understand you are against any kind of import tariffs but the overall strength of the middle class has been eroded due to globalism.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The governments job is to create an environment whereby private enterprise is incentivized to grow. That is the only way for true econcomic prosperity..
    Private business already has an incentive to grow - it's called profit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Why do we make it so difficult for them?

Why does the federal government continue to grow so much? I have friends in the federal government and they have become useless, unmotivated, pay check collectors. Wheras my friends in the startup industry work their asses off and are motivated to do amazing things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "amazing things"

Good lord sturg -- you even sound like trump

there used to be a guy on Scout that lived in Cincinnati that claimed every black person was on welfare.
    Because he knew someone that said so

The word for the day ----- "DICTATE "
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

Comparing the recoveries from the Great Depression, the Great Recession, and the 1980s recession is to some degree apples and oranges, but it seems pretty futile to hang your anti-Obama argument on that. Yes, economic growth was strong in the wake of the GD. It ended in 1939. It's almost as if there were some global event that provided employment for every working-age male and maxed out US industrial capacity.

I'm not going to go into the weeds of comparing the Reagan and Obama eras, but if you think there was mid-80s economic growth to be found in the last decade, I think you'd have a hard time finding non-partisan sources that agree with you. And if you expect that kind of growth under Trump, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

mqt (01-15-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This kind of thing cracks me up. Message board laymen shouldn't second-guess the Braves FO because, after all, they're professionals with a superior base of knowledge at any given time. But feel free to assume that you know more about economics than the professionals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This kind of thing cracks me up. Message board laymen shouldn't second-guess the Braves FO because, after all, they're professionals with a superior base of knowledge at any given time. But feel free to assume that you know more about economics than the professionals.
    The last 8 years results speak for themselves
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

If he legalized weed on day 1 the economy would be booming like the late 90's. It's over 100 billion dollar a year business and would create around 250k jobs as well as all kinds of fringe benefits like not trapping people into a cycle of poverty because of a pot possession arrest.

The other thing Obama could have done is require police officers to buy liability insurance. I think this would solve most of the police problems. The ones that protest or fight it I would assume are the bad apples and fire them. This isn't directly about the economy but tax payer money should NEVER be used to pay for a government agent wrongly beating people. New York city paid something like 750 million in one year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Yes, and when the profit it more difficult to come by because of the environment there is less incentive to to grow.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Obama, the black race thanks you for being the first black president.

BUT YOU DID NOT DO SCHIT FOR US. You rather help Muslims, gays, Hispanics and other people but not your own kind. We have even more problems since you came in office.

Go f*ck yourself in your self made glory as it is all about you and leave our race to the whites who aren't going to lift one pinky to help us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    "amazing things"

Good lord sturg -- you even sound like trump

there used to be a guy on Scout that lived in Cincinnati that claimed every black person was on welfare.
    Because he knew someone that said so

The word for the day ----- "DICTATE "
    yeah, my government friends are trying to figure out how to get a 2 hour lunch and to be able to leave at 4:30

My start up friends are trying how to figure out to fulfill deliveries within 60 minutes of purchasing.

To each his own

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Obama, the black race thanks you for being the first black president.

BUT YOU DID NOT DO SCHIT FOR US. You rather help Muslims, gays, Hispanics and other people but not your own kind. We have even more problems since you came in office.

Go f*ck yourself in your self made glory as it is all about you and leave our race to the whites who aren't going to lift one pinky to help us.

who left you of all people to be a spokesman for "the Black Race"

I still question whether you are in fact African-American -- you are so far out of touch with the reality of Black America.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.