Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm not a huge Alex Anthopoulos fan so far.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I don’t think the roster has changed much at all from last season except for Matt Kemp.
    I haven’t paid any attention to the MLB off season. I know Stanton got traded and that’s about it. I guess this new GM is content with bringing back a collection of players who lost 90 plus games.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    The Kemp idea was posted on here at one point. Hell, that's probably where AA got the idea.

Any rube could have made the Donaldson and Bautista moves. Encarnacion? Not a fan.

I think my biggest issue and the whole reason for my rant is that I just don't think AA has been active enough to this point. I'm not going to say that I want trades just for the sake of trades, but I want to see some moves.
    LOL yes, I posted it after seeing it in a FG chat.

I don’t think that qualifies it as an obvious trade though.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    This is one of the dumbest threads on this board. Judging a GM 3 months on the job?

Any GM could acquire an MVP Player? Do you have many examples where a GM traded spare parts for a player who ended up winning the MVP in year 2?

Absurd.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DontStopTheChop For This Useful Post:

BravesfanMike (01-22-2018), jpx7 (01-21-2018), Knucksie (01-22-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Obviously I'm not saying that you should trade the farm to go get a single player that could help the team, but at the same time if you are a GM and you've got interest in a player you think could help the team then you have to do whatever it takes to get that player. Consider some of the GM's who were out there that we passed on. Dave Stewart was out there and I think would have been a nice GM for us. Either way if AA fails then I'd love to see if we could bring Coppy back.
    thank you weso1!

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    The Kemp idea was posted on here at one point. Hell, that's probably where AA got the idea.
    Exactly why there needs to be roll eyes and big laugh emojis available here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucksie For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-21-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Obviously I'm not saying that you should trade the farm to go get a single player that could help the team, but at the same time if you are a GM and you've got interest in a player you think could help the team then you have to do whatever it takes to get that player. Consider some of the GM's who were out there that we passed on. Dave Stewart was out there and I think would have been a nice GM for us. Either way if AA fails then I'd love to see if we could bring Coppy back.
    Officially a troll thread

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-22-2018), Knucksie (01-22-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    So....a GM that comes in and makes a flurry of moves to look good...is NOT good. He’s just careless. AA has shown he is looking to improve the roster, but he will not trade guys that he has not seen enough of to evaluate. That’s the way we stole Gohara and Jackson. I’m am fine with AA taking his time (even if it hurts the 2018 season). With the international penalties....we have to be so much more careful with our prospects now. I still think he will make one somewhat significant move before it’s over with and it will probably not be a move any of us are expecting.

Give him until the end of the 2019 season and then we can talk about AA’s performance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBravos For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (01-22-2018)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Officially a troll thread
    Man, I hope so. I’m starting to question things around here.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Lol you had us all going for a bit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    This rant is long past the flushing stage. It's already heading toward the waste water treatment plant.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I'm just glad someone injected some humor on this board!

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    I'm just glad someone injected some humor on this board!
    The line about Dave Stewart kept me up all night. Does he seriously think Dave Stewart would have been a good hire? It has to be a troll right? RIGHT?!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    The line about Dave Stewart kept me up all night. Does he seriously think Dave Stewart would have been a good hire? It has to be a troll right? RIGHT?!
    I think Dave has learned his lesson and would make a lot of deals if he were GM. Our stellar farm system would be just the ticket for his wheeling and dealing style. Amirite?!!!!!!

I really think Weso was just lightening the mood. I haven't stopped laughing. Thanks Weso. Bring Coppy back......that's a hall of fame post right there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    The line about Dave Stewart was funny, but it wasn't intentional humor. More likely a continuation of the rant with an attempt at adding sarcasm, which is obviously the lowest form of humor.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Not a lot of moves, but his big move was a good one and he hasn't done anything stupid yet. Roster-filling moves for Ravin, Carle, and Whitley look a little meh, but they all could conceivably contribute.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-22-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I really like AA for most of the we reason as Enscheff. I really don't want to see our prospects traded so more than happy he hasn't made an other moves. All I really want this off-season is to sure up the bullpen we don't have to rely on the young starters to go too deep into games. Let's see how that goes and reasses after we see how 2018 goes. Last thing I want to see is the Braves trading for an above average reliever at the trade deadline giving up solid prospects for something we could have just signed in the off-season for a few million.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.