Page 472 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572972 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    1) Nah, man. I'm using your own words. You described yourself as pro-Russia. I'm very much anti-Putin, and have made no secret of it, but I'm personally kind of a Russophile going back to my school days, which is neither here nor there. But I've stated numerous times that I am in favor of strategic cooperation with Russia if it makes sense for our national interests.
    I'm "pro-Russia" in a diplomatic sense -- but I'm asking you what you think being "pro-Russia" means, and if it's more than a kind of half-assed pejorative label. I've explained myself.

2) Still kinda wondering what the US did that was analogous.
    https://academic.oup.com/isq/article...dFrom=fulltext

You don't think US electoral interference in the Ukraine or cyber attacks (like on a nuclear facility) are at all comparable?

How about US interference in the 1996 Russian elections? You don't think that would stick in Volodya's craw?

There's bad blood here.

3) Homes, you did. Repeatedly. Your point of view was that there were no hogs, and even if there had been, turnabout is fair play. You want quotes?
    Yes, I want quotes. I asked for quotes the other day. Or links to quotes. Or just some context.

4) like I said, I agree with you about cyber security and cyber awareness, but you've used it as a surrogate for actually addressing what happened.
    Which is happening? The 'non-existent' or the 'tepid' version? Help me out.
    Last edited by Hawk; 09-26-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Including NK in the travel ban is silly, as if there is such a thing a tourists from NK. I think it would be better to publicly offer sanctuary to all defectors from NK, which is probably what we would do anyway.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Alabama election showing just where the GOP establishment stands with the American people. Trump may have ushered in the start of a multiple party system.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Alabama election showing just where the GOP establishment stands with the American people. Trump may have ushered in the start of a multiple party system.
    That definitely doesn't have to be a bad thing does it? Especially considering the 2 POS parties we have right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    That definitely doesn't have to be a bad thing does it? Especially considering the 2 POS parties we have right now
    I think it's a great thing

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I think it's a great thing
    Let's hope. It may well do so for a couple of election cycles, but I"m afraid the dirty money (lobbyists, etc.) will just follow any new party around once they prove they can win

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Including NK in the travel ban is silly, as if there is such a thing a tourists from NK. I think it would be better to publicly offer sanctuary to all defectors from NK, which is probably what we would do anyway.
    You guys don't know what you're talking about. This may be our last best chance to get rid of Dennis Rodman!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-27-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Didnt Trump endorse Dr. Strange?
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Trump deleting all tweets related to endorsing strange. Including one where he claims his endorsement shot up Strange through the polls. lel.

https://projects.propublica.org/politwoops/user/POTUS
    Forever Fredi

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Trump deleting all tweets related to endorsing strange. Including one where he claims his endorsement shot up Strange through the polls. lel.

https://projects.propublica.org/politwoops/user/POTUS
    If only he would delete his own twitter account and check into an asylum.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mossy For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (09-27-2017), goldfly (09-27-2017)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Third party is only good if it possesses common sense. Will Trump join Roy Moore in the racist homophobe piece of **** party?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Most of us said a Trump presidency would damage the GOP. This seems like great news for Dems.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Didnt Trump endorse Dr. Strange?
    Which is yet another action that have us trump 'supporters' pissed. GOP establishment trying to hijack our movement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    with two major defeats in one day under his belt, the NFL imbroglio , even Hawk finally admitting there was " encroachment " and of course the fend for yourselves attitude on Puerto Rico ---------

Is today the day we start watching the rats jump ship ?

Going back to Iraq on the Scout board -- it was odd seeing people pound their chests USA USA -- after Katrina began mumbling USA USA.
    By abu ghraib beginning to wonder

How many die hards are wondering this morning

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA 14h14 hours ago

Trump's been president 9 months without a single piece of legislation passed. When does all the "winning" start? Askin' for a friend.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-27-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Most of us said a Trump presidency would damage the GOP. This seems like great news for Dems.
    It's only good news for the Dems if they send out a better candidate next time than Hilldog.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    with two major defeats in one day under his belt, the NFL imbroglio , even Hawk finally admitting there was " encroachment " and of course the fend for yourselves attitude on Puerto Rico ---------

Is today the day we start watching the rats jump ship ?

Going back to Iraq on the Scout board -- it was odd seeing people pound their chests USA USA -- after Katrina began mumbling USA USA.
    By abu ghraib beginning to wonder

How many die hards are wondering this morning

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA 14h14 hours ago

Trump's been president 9 months without a single piece of legislation passed. When does all the "winning" start? Askin' for a friend.

Fend for yourself? What an absolutely absurd take. Even the Vox article you posted, when it isn't giving blatantly partisan commentary, shows that a massive amount of resources have been sent to help.

Trump does plenty of stuff that you could legitimately criticize. You'll just look silly if you continue with this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I thought that characterization generous
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...doesnt/541224/

Trumpism Wins in Alabama, Even If Trump Doesn't

“Don’t let anybody in the press think that because [Trump] supported my opponent that I do not support him," Moore said.
    Last edited by Hawk; 09-27-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    http://www.postandcourier.com/politi...98203bb3e.html

U.S. Sen. Tim Scott, the Senate's lone black Republican, said Wednesday that NFL players should not protest during the national anthem.

"I think every man, woman, child should stand for the national anthem. That should go without question," the South Carolina senator told CNBC.

Though Scott said he did not agree with the form of protest, he urged people to think about the deeper issues behind the act itself by asking a simple question.

"We should also ask ourselves the question: Why are they kneeling?" Scott said. "If we were able to reinforce the fact that we all should stand and delve into the challenges that have some players kneeling, we'll be in a better place as a country."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Now the fight over tax reform begins. https://apnews.com/f609602269d54524aa14e1d9c74ec97c

Some details:

1. Double the standard deduction to $24,000 per couple/$12,000 per individual
    2. Cut corporate rate from 35% to 20%
    3. Reduce tax brackets from 7 to 3
    4. Leaves intact mortgage interest and charitable donation deductions
    5. Increases bottom tax rate from 10% to 12%

Sen. Chuck Schumer says Trump’s plan only gives “crumbs” to the middle class, while top-bracket earners making more than a half-million dollars a year would reap a windfall.

The New York Democrat also blasted the plan for actually increasing the bottom tax rate from 10 percent to 12 percent, calling it a “punch to the gut of working Americans.”

Schumer said the plan is little more than an “across-the-board tax cut for America’s millionaires and billionaires.”

President Donald Trump has two red lines that he refuses to cross on overhauling taxes: the corporate rate must be cut to 20 percent and the savings must go to the middle class.

Gary Cohn, the president’s top economics aide, says any overhaul signed by the president needs to include these two elements.

Trump had initially pushed for cutting the 39.6 percent corporate tax rate to 15 percent.

The administration says that the benefits of any tax cut will not favor the wealthy, with Cohn saying that an additional tax bracket could be added to levy taxes on the top one percent of earners if needed.

Starting from the top, I like 1-3. Higher standard deductions are the lowest hanging fruit when you want to provide a greater positive impact on low income families. The lower corporate tax rate is easily politicized, but easily understood thanks to corporations like Apple keeping massive amounts of cash offshore. Repatriation of that money, and of entire corporations, would go a long way toward helping the economy and increasing our tax revenue. Fewer tax brackets simplifies the tax code, always a good thing. This is also the most likely place to game tax cuts for those who <strike>donate to campaigns</strike> earn the most, so it will deserve the most scrutiny.

Increasing the bottom tax rate from 10%-12%? What are they thinking here? Yes, it's obvious to anyone with multiple brain cells that the people in the bottom tax rate will still benefit from this plan overall, thanks to the doubled deduction. It should also be obvious that this increase will be painted in the worst possible light when the story runs on the nightly news and Twitter feeds.

My hope is that this is a placeholder, thrown in to allow Schumer to negotiate it away. The failure to include the extra bracket for the top 1% in the initial plan falls into the same category. That hope seems ridiculously optimistic.
    Last edited by Jaw; 09-27-2017 at 11:10 AM.