Page 390 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 2903403803883893903913924004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Donald Trump Just Gave the Press Conference of the Alt-Right’s Dreams

Let’s be very clear about what just happened at Donald Trump’s press conference. He gave the alt-right its greatest national media moment ever. He even called some of them “very fine people.” Don’t believe me? Watch this key statement:

So nobody on the left committed murdered anyone at Charlettsville but what about when cops were executed in Dallas by BLM? What does that say about the good people on the left that march with them? Can we now equate these fine members of the alt-left with murderers? When BLM protestors scream 'White people in the back" or "What do we want? Dead Cops. When do we want them? Now"..thats ok to march side by side with those people?

There are a lot of similarities on both sides to what is happening in the current day.
    Natural Immunity Croc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Whataboutism's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Whataboutism's.
    I'm just wondering why the same arguments are not made about both sides. Why are all these statements only directed at the right?

I mean - I know the answer but I just like to make sure that its out there that there is a massive double standard in the media and in our culture today.

Anti-Fa trains to fight so they can come to these rallys and make them non-peaceful. Then the Liberal media can report at how violent a rally was that was initially organized by the alt-right. Its a great scheme and you sheep just continue to get sucked into this until we get to a point where no speech is protected.
    Natural Immunity Croc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm just wondering why the same arguments are not made about both sides. Why are all these statements only directed at the right?
    When a group rises up to attack our most cherished fundamentals, I hope that an equal force will rise up to stop it.

I mean - I know the answer but I just like to make sure that its out there that there is a massive double standard in the media and in our culture today.

Anti-Fa trains to fight so they can come to these rallys and make them non-peaceful. Then the Liberal media can report at how violent a rally was that was initially organized by the alt-right. Its a great scheme and you sheep just continue to get sucked into this until we get to a point where no speech is protected.
    Do you really think there is such a thing as a "peaceful" white nationalist protest? If they really wanted to put for a sensible, peaceful argument, why were they then flying the Nazi flag and yelling Nazi and and other hateful slogans?

You think the white nationalists, Nazis and Confederates should be given protect space to promote their causes. How about ISIS? Do you want to protect their speech too? Are not both are inherently evil and antithetical to a free and democratic society?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Is freedom of speech one of our most cherished fundamentals?

Can you give an example of a violent protest that didn't involve anti fa?

Not even going to bother responding about ISIS. It just screams at where the priorities are for the left. Even with all the incredibly awful things that Nazism stands for it pales in comparison to what radical Islam will do to our society

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Is freedom of speech one of our most cherished fundamentals?

Can you give an example of a violent protest that didn't involve anti fa?

Not even going to bother responding about ISIS. It just screams at where the priorities are for the left. Even with all the incredibly awful things that Nazism stands for it pales in comparison to what radical Islam will do to our society
    Besides the fact that it eradicated a large chunk of a demographic of people in the 30s and 40s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Besides the fact that it eradicated a large chunk of a demographic of people in the 30s and 40s.
    Nobody needs to lecture me about what the Nazis did. My grandfather told me about it while he showed the numbers tattooed on his arm.

Raidcal Islam will do all of same while also mixing in a nice side of female genital mutilation and rape.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Remember in Christmas Story when Ralphie punched and punched and punched Scut Farkus.
    His Mom had to come and pull him off
    Remember

Was Ralphie at fault for bloodying the bully's nose or was Scut at fault for all the torment the bully laid on Ralphie, Flick and Schwartz

I don't think I've ever doubted where I stood
    you ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-16-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Nobody needs to lecture me about what the Nazis did. My grandfather told me about it while he showed the numbers tattooed on his arm.

Raidcal Islam will do all of same while also mixing in a nice side of female genital mutilation and rape.
    Your Grandfather -- which side of this rally would he have stood ?
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-16-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Your Grandfather -- which side of this rally would he have stood ?
    THe answer to that question is obvious.

Doesn't change my interpretation of what happened that day. Please show me where I've defended anyone donning Nazi gear on that day.

My stance has been clear. I do not approve of limited speech in this country and that is what has been going on for far too long now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    THe answer to that question is obvious.

Doesn't change my interpretation of what happened that day. Please show me where I've defended anyone donning Nazi gear on that day.

My stance has been clear. I do not approve of limited speech in this country and that is what has been going on for far too long now.

By your writings
    You are in effect defending Vichy France while condemning the French Resistance.

Therefore, giving sanction to the Germans who tattooed your Grandfather.

edit:
    equating Vichy France with the French Resistance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    By your writings
    You are in effect defending Vichy France while condemning the French Resistance.

Therefore, giving sanction to the Germans who tattooed your Grandfather.
    And you are using a group of disgusting people to justify silencing the legitimate gripes of a much larger grouping.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The French Resistance ?

This:

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    And you are using a group of disgusting people to justify silencing the legitimate gripes of a much larger grouping.
    Isn't that all the more reason to come out hard against these clowns? I'm not happy with the direction of this country when it comes to a growing acceptance of smothering free speech (among other gripes), but I'm not about to hitch my wagon to a bunch of neo-Nazis defending Confederacy statues. Not exactly the turf you want to do battle on when you're trying to win the hearts and minds of the rest of the country.

The "much larger grouping" should be pretty pissed off that their legitimate gripes are being undermined by, frankly, domestic terrorists (I know I'm painting with a broad brush, but so be it).

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-16-2017), goldfly (08-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/w...?smid=re-share

Russian hacking team supposedly called Fancy Bear.... and who has been warning us about Bears for years?

"Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Isn't that all the more reason to come out hard against these clowns? I'm not happy with the direction of this country when it comes to a growing acceptance of smothering free speech (among other gripes), but I'm not about to hitch my wagon to a bunch of neo-Nazis defending Confederacy statues. Not exactly the turf you want to do battle on when you're trying to win the hearts and minds of the rest of the country.

The "much larger grouping" should be pretty pissed off that their legitimate gripes are being undermined by, frankly, domestic terrorists (I know I'm painting with a broad brush, but so be it).
    Agreed. I'm not seeing this outcry to defend the actions of Nazis though.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Agreed. I'm not seeing this outcry to defend the actions of Nazis though.
    Yeah, this is also a dangerous equivalence fallacy that I've seen happening in reverse fashion. You like Confederate statue? You Neo-Nazi. You like Trump? You White Nationalist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Is the argument here that everyone should have just let the Nazis and Klansmen have their rally and not stood up to them?
    Let me preface this with the obligatory: I have no sympathy for the Nazis. I hope they all see the light and lose the hate in their heart.

I can't remember the last time a violent group of any political type opposed an Antifa or BLM "peaceful demonstration", even when that "peaceful demonstration" involved breaking into shops, burning cars, widespread looting, gang attacking innocent bystanders, etc. Are you saying someone should?

You guys going off on the crazy skinheads need to see the light. Hate is hate. BLM, Antifa, skinheads, klansmen, none of them want to make the world a better place for everybody, they want to make it a better place for their kind. That isn't how you get along, that can't make things better, that only creates further division.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-16-2017), Hawk (08-16-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yeah, this is also a dangerous equivalence fallacy that I've seen happening in reverse fashion. You like Confederate statue? You Neo-Nazi. You like Trump? You White Nationalist.
    It is the militant method to silence opposition views. The fact that people are not seeing what is happening is all the more scary.

Anti-Fa has violently protested around the world for 18 months and people pretend that didn't happen. Then there was violence at a rally where both White Nationalists/Neo-Nazis and Anti-Fa was there and now all of a sudden the alt-right is the dangerous group. We are witnessing the ultimate con with the end goal of performing a coup here in the US.
    Natural Immunity Croc