Page 409 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3093593994074084094104114194595099091409 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If we close our borders to terrorist areas another country Russia would have to step up. Maybe even China gets uncomfortable and does something to squash the terrorists. I'm sick of being in afghanistan.
    No they won't.

That was a great speech by trump

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I can make statements based on beliefs. States are blocking real investigation into this matter.

Why wouldn't illegals vote for dems? It's in their best interests. How many illegals do you believe are in America?
    Are you really listening to yourself right now?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    What is your point with this comment/question?
    is it not your stance?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    @maggieNYT: POTUS gave his best speech as POTUS. He's given extremely few of these types of speeches. And he has a campaign rally tomorrow. Soooo...

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    No they won't.

That was a great speech by trump
    Yes....somebody wrote a great speech for trump to read.

Trump campaigned on getting us out of wars and now we are escalating one. This is not what we voted for.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Are you really listening to yourself right now?
    Don't want to answer my question?

I've been very consistent with this stance for quite some time. I know what I'm saying. Whether or not it's true is certainly up for debate
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Trump campaigned on getting us out of wars and now we are escalating one. This is not what we voted for.
    With the only competent people left in his administration being military guys, his choice to ramp up the action in Afghan is not surprising. Or when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (08-22-2017), VirginiaBrave (08-22-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    It only underscores that he has no real vision to lead. He just wanted to be president.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-22-2017), VirginiaBrave (08-22-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    It only underscores that he has no real vision to lead. He just wanted to be president.
    So what does it say about past presidents who have done the same thing?

Maybe there is a common element that has infected our country which is truly pulling the strings?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    So what does it say about past presidents who have done the same thing?

Maybe there is a common element that has infected our country which is truly pulling the strings?
    I think the vast majority of politicians will say anything to get elected, which is why I laughed when people told me Trump was somehow different from that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Reality some funny ****
    .................................................. ........

Listening to reports from last nights poorly acted teleprompter recitation, they mostly said he poked the hornets nest that is Pakistan and said we were ready to plunder Afghanistan.

No mentions of bombing N Korea or invading Venezuela
    Nor did he scold anyone for not saying Islamic blah blah blah
    Darn

Y'all should look up Barbara Lee
    Last edited by 57Brave; 08-22-2017 at 07:12 AM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think the vast majority of politicians will say anything to get elected, which is why I laughed when people told me Trump was somehow different from that.
    Or maybe that there is a powerful contingency of unelected people that run the country?

Is it really shocking that a few days after Bannon leaves that a troop escalation is ordered?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    He's different but not in the way his followers romanticize about.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (08-22-2017), The Chosen One (08-22-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Or maybe that there is a powerful contingency of unelected people that run the country?

Is it really shocking that a few days after Bannon leaves that a troop escalation is ordered?
    But I thought Donald was going to drain the swamp? He's been talking for a while now about "bombing the hell out Isis." So this wasn't an overnight thing?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

CK86 (08-23-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Don't want to answer my question?

I've been very consistent with this stance for quite some time. I know what I'm saying. Whether or not it's true is certainly up for debate
    What question? Would they vote for Dems? Probably, that would be my guess but that doesn't even begin to prove your (or the president's) claim that there are literally millions of them voting. Also, my state is an extremely red state and they check my ID every time I vote and I'm surprised every time that they don't also ask for a blood sample to prove it's me, even though I've been voting at the same place with most of the same people for over 15 years and the pastor (it's at a church) knows me because I was one of his wife's favorite instructors from when she got her degree (she told him about me, I did not bring it up).

My question is, don't you think all red states or even potentially red states check voter ID pretty closely? If anyone were going to cheat in this way it would be a blue state, like Cali, MI, or NY, states a Repub is not nearly as likely to win anyway. Be honest there isn't a speck of evidence of the kind of wholesale voter fraud the president claims exists, just another Alex Jones type conspiracy. At what point do you make those people prove their claims? And if we are honest at all, it's impossible to deny the steps Repubs have take to purge voter roles, move or eliminate places where likely Dem voters can either register or get IDs, and other illegal (in many states anyway) voter supression. So be honest, is it the Dems attempts at illegal voting you dislike (which I still have yet to actually see evidence of, other than some claims by conservative groups that are supposedly honest) or Repub attempts at voter supression for which you can find legitimate evidence all over the place (if you look)?? Is it illegal attempts to influence elections that bothers you, or just illegal Dem attempts to influence it?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-22-2017), CK86 (08-23-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    What question? Would they vote for Dems? Probably, that would be my guess but that doesn't even begin to prove your (or the president's) claim that there are literally millions of them voting. Also, my state is an extremely red state and they check my ID every time I vote and I'm surprised every time that they don't also ask for a blood sample to prove it's me, even though I've been voting at the same place with most of the same people for over 15 years and the pastor (it's at a church) knows me because I was one of his wife's favorite instructors from when she got her degree (she told him about me, I did not bring it up).

My question is, don't you think all red states or even potentially red states check voter ID pretty closely? If anyone were going to cheat in this way it would be a blue state, like Cali, MI, or NY, states a Repub is not nearly as likely to win anyway. Be honest there isn't a speck of evidence of the kind of wholesale voter fraud the president claims exists, just another Alex Jones type conspiracy. At what point do you make those people prove their claims? And if we are honest at all, it's impossible to deny the steps Repubs have take to purge voter roles, move or eliminate places where likely Dem voters can either register or get IDs, and other illegal (in many states anyway) voter supression. So be honest, is it the Dems attempts at illegal voting you dislike (which I still have yet to actually see evidence of, other than some claims by conservative groups that are supposedly honest) or Repub attempts at voter supression for which you can find legitimate evidence all over the place (if you look)?? Is it illegal attempts to influence elections that bothers you, or just illegal Dem attempts to influence it?
    As if checking ID is a voter suppression.

If there is no reason to worry then states should be cooperating. There are estimates of illegals in the country in the neighborhood of 11M. Those who are into more extremes think it could be more than 20M. Nobody really knows because big business LOVES their cheap labor and buy off politicians to keep their mouths shut.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    But I thought Donald was going to drain the swamp? He's been talking for a while now about "bombing the hell out Isis." So this wasn't an overnight thing?
    Its a shame that he was assaulted by the media for complete fallacies. If he was treated fairly from the beginning he would have had more clout to do what we promised. But as always - the Globalists win.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

You don't think he can see things differently sitting behind the desk? There are major repercussions for pulling out early. How can you see what happened after obama pulled out of Iraq and not think the same thing will happen in Afghanistan.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You don't think he can see things differently sitting behind the desk? There are major repercussions for pulling out early. How can you see what happened after obama pulled out of Iraq and not think the same thing will happen in Afghanistan.

You've never answered my question (channeling my sturg here) for years.

What is your viable timetable?

When do we know we've won?

Do we just stay there indefinitely like South Korea? Never actually winning just an endless stalemate?

We've been there 16 years already. What are we trying to accomplish here? The more Taliban we get rid of, they're going to spawn right back up when we leave. Iraq might have been a bit of a different story because 1)We should have never gone in there and even your boy Trump says that. Just ask Sean Hannity and 2) Iraq did have somewhat of an infrastructure for their military before we invaded just under Saddam's rule. Afghanistan had zilch just warlords and tribes.
    Forever Fredi