Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
I think the gap is closer than you say. Yes he was better than JT last season.

What are people expecting out of DK? Considering where we are I am not going to ask about reasonable expectations of him. There isn’t anything reasonable here.
Big game experience that Julio has barely ever sniffed. Guys like he and Madbum are very used to pitching in big playoff games. No, is isn’t what he was (although the extra rest might help him this year), but he will likely keep you in big games which is unlikely with the rookies (maybe Soroka will do ok)...or Gausman and Folty (both of which can be a toss up as to if they are going to give up 6 runs in 3 innings).

DK has more post season experience in ONE of his years than all our other pitchers combined.

Gausman’s extra arb year will most likely not be picked up and the same with Julio’s option year.

Folty may turn the ship but there is just as good a chance that we have already seen his most productive year.

I have high hopes for Soroka, Fried and even Newk and Touki.

I would not be surprised if we make trades to get Gausman and Duvall off the books to trade for another starter like Madbum (more likely Stroman).