Thread: BBA Does first Mock Draft for 2018

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

BBA Does first Mock Draft for 2018

John Manuel has the Braves forfeiting their eighth pick ...

No, no. Just kidding. Manuel says the Braves (and I concur) are destined to pick Kumar Rocker, RHP from North Oconee High. Son of Tracy Rocker, who has stepped down from coaching to follow his son's career. But MLB.com and PerfectGame USA say Rocker could wind up the No. 1 high school prospect overall.

Rocker is 6-5, 250 RHP and I'm guessing dad isn't letting him play football. Also one of the best power prospects in high school. Committed to Vanderbilt.

Manuel has Brady Singer (Florida) going No. 1 to the Tigers, Ethan Hankins (North Forsyth, Ga.) going No. 2 to the Giants; Brice Turang (Corona, Calif.) going to the Phillies at No. 3.
    Also has Brookwood's Will Banfield going No. 21 to the Brewers, Heritage/Catoosa's Cole Wilcox going No. 24 to the Cubs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (10-06-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post

No, no. Just kidding. Manuel says the Braves (and I concur) are destined to pick Kumar Rocker, RHP from North Oconee High. Son of Tracy Rocker, who has stepped down from coaching to follow his son's career. But MLB.com and PerfectGame USA say Rocker could wind up the No. 1 high school prospect overall.

Rocker is 6-5, 250 RHP and I'm guessing dad isn't letting him play football. Also one of the best power prospects in high school. Committed to Vanderbilt.

Manuel has Brady Singer (Florida) going No. 1 to the Tigers, Ethan Hankins (North Forsyth, Ga.) going No. 2 to the Giants; Brice Turang (Corona, Calif.) going to the Phillies at No. 3.
    Also has Brookwood's Will Banfield going No. 21 to the Brewers, Heritage/Catoosa's Cole Wilcox going No. 24 to the Cubs.
    With the loss of Gutierrez, it's probably fair to imagine we're liable to target Will Banfield now if he has a good spring.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post

With as many position players as we lost in the scandal, I think we have to draft one in the 1st