Page 952 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 45285290294295095195295395496210021052 ... LastLast
Results 19,021 to 19,040 of 22942

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    To me 2 things stand out about the win for Philly. First the game's hero was Brandon Graham, when he was drafted he was ripped apart by many (myself included) because Reid could have gone after Earl Thomas or Jason Pierre Paul. And maybe they get the win earlier if they have one of those guys, but Andy Reid must be smiling a little bit. This team was his team. Pederson has been his protege for years (pederson backed up Favre when Reid was the QB coach in GB, Pederson started for Reid while Reid groomed McNabb, Pederson was Andy Reid's QB coach in Philly from 2009 on and then his OC in KC), many guys who were picks of his found success, Foles, Kelce, Cox, the aforementioned Graham, Curry, Kendricks, and probably a few others were picks of Reid's tenure who wound up contributing to this win.
    Graham was pretty much a meh player up until the last 2-3 years. And even then, this year was the only year he was really "great." Seems a lot like Derek Morgan of the Titans
    Solid all around player that can play any scheme, but not really amazing at anything.

Still, good for him.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Pretty much know the 2018 season will start in Philadelphia. I’m thinking the NFL and NBC would love a Cowboys/Eagles matchup on Opening Night.
    I watched that game last night and IMO it was glaringly apparent that the Eagles (yes I am taking 1 day Moratorium from calling them the Fecals to congratulate them on their win):
    1.) They are so much better coached than the Cowboys
    2.) They are so much more polished/practiced than the Cowboys
    3.) They are much more talented than the Cowboys

I know most people would say #3 first but while I do agree they have more talent I really think that's the least of it. I really think they run that vanilla offense because it's just easier for them to teach the players because they just aren't that good at teaching or coaching. Same thing on defense though I'll give those coaches more credit since they took not that much talent and made them at least respectable on defense. I really hope adding the former Seahags DC will help but as long as JJ is pulling the strings they're always going to be up against it.

Your thoughts...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Graham was pretty much a meh player up until the last 2-3 years. And even then, this year was the only year he was really "great." Seems a lot like Derek Morgan of the Titans
    Solid all around player that can play any scheme, but not really amazing at anything.

Still, good for him.
    I'm not sure you watch Graham enough. I watch every game of his, and dude is really, really good. Fletcher Cox is ridiculous, but Graham is right behind him. Plays the run great, consistently gets pressure. He's underrated because he doesn't make flashy plays, but don't let his sack numbers fool you.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Woooooo!!! I've been a Eagles fan since the Randall Cunningham days, and this.... this feels SO GOOD! I'm still trying to process it, because this doesn't happen to me - my teams always find a way to lose in the playoffs ('95 Braves being the exception).

Foles is the man. He will forever be a god in Philadelphia, no matter where his career takes him from this point on. And dare I say, Pederson is the best coach in football.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Only NFL game I've watched beginning-to-end all year and have to say I was thoroughly entertained except for the ridiculous reviews on the two Eagle TDs. For the record, I thought Clements didn't have control, but it was bang-bang. I was absolutely flummoxed that they took so long on the Ertz TD. It was clearly a TD. You have to have control if you extend your arms to reach for the end zone in an effort to break the plane, which is what Ertz was obviously doing. Further, he took three steps with the ball before extending. I don't have a big problem with announcers, but Collingsworth going on-and-on during the review puts him in the Tim McCarver Wing of the Annoying Announcer Hall of Fame.

Good for Philadelphia. I didn't have a dog in the fight, but it's nice for them to get their first Super Bowl win. Pederson deserves a lot of credit for coaching a great game.
    I would agree and it's common sense to most people that it's a clear touchdown. However with so many reviews and plays overturned this year it's really hard to tell. They have different rules at the goal line for runners and receivers. When does a receiver become a runner? Who the hell knows. Hopefully that simplify what's a catch and what's a TD because its pretty obvious to most of us but the NFL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    And dare I say, Pederson is the best coach in football.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-02-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Colts LB Edwin Jackson killed by a drunk driver. What a loss, from walkon to NFL LB.... a truely great guy as well.
    Ivermectin Man

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-02-2018)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I watched that game last night and IMO it was glaringly apparent that the Eagles (yes I am taking 1 day Moratorium from calling them the Fecals to congratulate them on their win):
    1.) They are so much better coached than the Cowboys
    2.) They are so much more polished/practiced than the Cowboys
    3.) They are much more talented than the Cowboys

I know most people would say #3 first but while I do agree they have more talent I really think that's the least of it. I really think they run that vanilla offense because it's just easier for them to teach the players because they just aren't that good at teaching or coaching. Same thing on defense though I'll give those coaches more credit since they took not that much talent and made them at least respectable on defense. I really hope adding the former Seahags DC will help but as long as JJ is pulling the strings they're always going to be up against it.

Your thoughts...
    Okiehawk, I was trying to send you a private message, but your fan mail has exceeded the allowable limits and it won't receive my missive.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Okiehawk, I was trying to send you a private message, but your fan mail has exceeded the allowable limits and it won't receive my missive.
    Sorry about that Fitty, I have cleared out some space so PM away. :)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'm not sure you watch Graham enough. I watch every game of his, and dude is really, really good. Fletcher Cox is ridiculous, but Graham is right behind him. Plays the run great, consistently gets pressure. He's underrated because he doesn't make flashy plays, but don't let his sack numbers fool you.
    I don't watch him every game. But I have seen enough Eagles games over the last few years to know he was pretty average up until the last couple of years. There were even reports about cutting him in 2016 weren't there?

Again, he's obviously playing great football now, but it's took him a while to reach this level.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    I've got to say, it's a crime the Eagles aren't getting Nelson Agholor the ball in his hands more often. Terrific athlete, blazing speed.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    I've got to say, it's a crime the Eagles aren't getting Nelson Agholor the ball in his hands more often. Terrific athlete, blazing speed.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...rops-next-pass
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I don't watch him every game. But I have seen enough Eagles games over the last few years to know he was pretty average up until the last couple of years. There were even reports about cutting him in 2016 weren't there?

Again, he's obviously playing great football now, but it's took him a while to reach this level.
    I had not heard a single thing about him getting cut. There's no way that was close to happening. He's graded out really well the last few seasons, and always looked impressive to me. So I'm not sure what we're seeing differently.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I had not heard a single thing about him getting cut. There's no way that was close to happening. He's graded out really well the last few seasons, and always looked impressive to me. So I'm not sure what we're seeing differently.
    He was graded poorly because of the guys taken right after him. JPP was an immediate smash hit in his first season as a starter he had 16.5 sacks and was key in the Giants beating the Pats in the Superbowl. We all know Thomas is a beast and the biggest reason for Seattle's defensive success. Graham was looked at negatively for that reason. Basically the critique has he was a huge stretch at that pick and was more fit for later in the first round. He never really found his niche as a LB. But under Schwartz he's found a second wind. He's looked better the last 2 years than he ever has.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Hey Cajun, I thought you might like this one. I hope that goat blowing piece of STD ridden filth tries this, maybe it might actually shut down the travesty the NFL has become. Maybe if Goddell would take John Mara's penis out of his mouth for a couple of minutes he might gain some perspective on what an epic douche he has become.

Yep, he's thinking about it.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,798 Posts
    So three years later, the NFL basically agrees, yeah, Dez caught it.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Oklahomahawk (02-28-2018), Super (02-28-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    good thing it wasn't in an important moment tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    The bigger thing than the catch rule which is a huge ****up when it happens (like Dez or Jesse James, or Megatron) the bigger announcement is considering removing the spot foul from DPI and making it 15 yards. Which means if a corner is ever beat they're just gonna murder a receiver and take the DPI. Cause a 15 yard penalty vs. a spot penalty is huge. big picture this isn't a huge difference. In 2016 the average distance of a DPI was 16.44 yards. But situationally it makes a huge difference. If you have a WR who's beaten you on a fly you can just take them out and take the 15 yards. Whereas before you may have shied away and given up a big play. I bet if they do it the number of DPIs will go up a good amount. Any smart coach will tell their DBs take the 15 yard penalty over letting Julio Jones make a play on a jump ball.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    But these are the idiots who still get to decide things at crucial moments. The refs on the field are bad enough, but you can kind of see why they could make a mistake, the game moves really fast. It's when morons who have TV and multiple replays from multiple angles make mistakes that it's absolutely inexcusable. Why there isn't an FBI investigation into their bank accounts, especially the offshore type and/or gambling records is beyond me.

And it's these types of boobs that the goat blowing commish (along with vaGiant fanatics) who dish out punishment on her team's rivals with zero real evidence then when someone complains they go and get their pitbull asskissing owner buddies to attack in his stead. Goodell is an absolute effing coward who thinks he deserves $50M/year. The cop who hid outside that school in FL during the school shooting recently is John freakin' Wayne compared to this piece of ****.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    The bigger thing than the catch rule which is a huge ****up when it happens (like Dez or Jesse James, or Megatron) the bigger announcement is considering removing the spot foul from DPI and making it 15 yards. Which means if a corner is ever beat they're just gonna murder a receiver and take the DPI. Cause a 15 yard penalty vs. a spot penalty is huge. big picture this isn't a huge difference. In 2016 the average distance of a DPI was 16.44 yards. But situationally it makes a huge difference. If you have a WR who's beaten you on a fly you can just take them out and take the 15 yards. Whereas before you may have shied away and given up a big play. I bet if they do it the number of DPIs will go up a good amount. Any smart coach will tell their DBs take the 15 yard penalty over letting Julio Jones make a play on a jump ball.
    if a DB is beaten so badly he may not be able to murder the WR...and i think the spot foul is way too generous to the QB and WR anyway. when a total jump ball gets called PI (which is called questionably all the time) it bails out the offense. bad throws being bailed out by PI is really bad IMO.

the line between DPI and OPI is so blurred at this point, punishing a defense that harshly on a call that could go either way is rough. i really like this change, personally.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-02-2018)