Page 839 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298378388398408418498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

President Snowflake cant handle questions. The idea that her questions were not appropriate is laughable. Hope the rest of the media takes the clue here.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I contacted a few family members tonight to tell them I am deleting their contact info and for them to delete mine. I told them its side picking time and we clearly are not on the same side. You like to think the best of your family but its clear to me who they are and what they stand for.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-25-2018 at 08:52 PM.

It’s over."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-26-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I contacted a few family members tonight to tell them I am deleting their contact info and for them to delete mine. I told them its side picking time and we clearly are not on the same side. You like to think the best of your family but its clear to me who they are and what they stand for.
    None of my business here man but bite your tongue if you can, Hurricane Blowhard will pass eventually, but family, aholes or not, is still family.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-26-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Theres more to it that I dont want to go into. I have ignored a lot because family is family. My nephew is the quentessential Trump voter. He is so ****ing dumb he cant spell 5 letter words. I am not giving up on him. I'll never give up on him. These other people are all over 60 and its become clearer to me who they are and what they stand for. I am not cutting out everyone who supports Trump in any way, if he does something positive I'll support it just as I would Hillary or anyone else I dont like.

The last straw for me was a facebook post where these people said they have never met anyone who doesnt support Trump except free loading blacks and illegal aliens. Well now they know 1.

Also feel the need to say all my direct neighbors are first or second generation immigrants. I live in Texas so I have met a lot of people legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. I have hired illegal immigrants when I had a mobile home buisness. When I started I was insistent we only hire legal workers but I had to do what my competiton was doing to be competitive in price. I could pay them 50$ a day as oposed to 100$ a day. Some might lool at that as bad but you get your house moved for 200$ cheaper.

Yall know I have a passion for the law but I also very much enjoy studying the ww2 era. This cult like following of Trump is not going to end well and I wont be a party to it in any way.

And if anyone was wondering I still wouldnt have voted for Hillary. I wouldnt vote for her if she was running against Putin.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-25-2018 at 10:08 PM.

It’s over."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (07-25-2018)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Theres more to it that I dont want to go into. I have ignored a lot because family is family. My nephew is the quentessential Trump voter. He is so ****ing dumb he cant spell 5 letter words. I am not giving up on him. I'll never give up on him. These other people are all over 60 and its become clearer to me who they are and what they stand for. I am not cutting out everyone who supports Trump in any way, if he does something positive I'll support it just as I would Hillary or anyone else I dont like.

The last straw for me was a facebook post where these people said they have never met anyone who doesnt support Trump except free loading blacks and illegal aliens. Well now they know 1.

Also feel the need to say all my direct neighbors are first or second generation immigrants. I live in Texas so I have met a lot of people legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. I have hired illegal immigrants when I had a mobile home buisness. When I started I was insistent we only hire legal workers but I had to do what my competiton was doing to be competitive in price. I could pay them 50$ a day as oposed to 100$ a day. Some might lool at that as bad but you get your house moved for 200$ cheaper.

Yall know I have a passion for the law but I also very much enjoy studying the ww2 era. This cult like following of Trump is not going to end well and I wont be a party to it in any way.

And if anyone was wondering I still wouldnt have voted for Hillary. I wouldnt vote for her if she was running against Putin.
    Good stuff cajun, thanks for sharing. The WW2 era has always been my history niche as well. You don't really have to study all of history to know a political shenanigan when you see one, just study the Nazis. That of course is absolutely NOT saying that everyone who pulls one of those stunts is a Nazi, as sucky as our politicians are they aren't Nazis, it's just that they did all the good political BS, so they're like a one stop shop of dirty underhanded political tricks.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

This is just an aside, but my current job (and Julio the Younger’s soccer prowess) often has me in close proximity to the Latino immigrant community in my town. I expect a lot of them are undocumented, but I certainly don’t ask. Either way, I can unreservedly say that these are some of the finest people I’ve ever had the privilege to spend time with. It sounds corny, but there is such a feeling of warmth and generosity in that community, it makes me reflect on where we, as a culture, have royally ****ed up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-26-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Is there a modern comparison to whats going on with Trumps base?

It’s over."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Not that I know of. As a trained journalist and a US history nut I know a building regime when I see it. If he is not safely removed from office I shudder to think where we will find ourselves a year from now. At present course it won't be America.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    How modern? I think there is a grain of authoritarian cult-of-personality there that’s recognizable in a lot of 20th-century figures. Let’s be honest—Trumpism predated and will survive Trump, it’s just that it currently has a uniquely positioned outlet.

The best modern analog I can come up with is Silvio Berlusconi, who, despite being more personally adept than Trump, has some at least superficial similarities. Non-politician, wealthy businessman, nationalist and lite-fascist in tendency, managed a socially conservative coalition despite being a gross libertine, connected both to organized crime and big business...not a bad superficial comparison IMO.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (07-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Not that I know of. As a trained journalist and a US history nut I know a building regime when I see it. If he is not safely removed from office I shudder to think where we will find ourselves a year from now. At present course it won't be America.

imagine a second term where he doesnt have to worry about reelection. I would feel much better about all this if Trump wasnt so popular with law enforcement. They cant wait to be let loose to teach these animals a lesson. That is sadly what many of them think.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    I will say I’m disturbed by all of the small ways he’s chipping away at the norms of accountability that we’ve traditionally expected of our leaders. The **** thing is that, for the most part, the push for executive branch authority has tended to expand regardless of party or ideology, so the next guy has always been more or less content to consolidate and expand the gains of his predecessor. Now that Trump’s essentially laying down a precedent that there are no rules and no norms that matter, and the legislature is playing along, a dangerous precedent has been set. The people who should ostensibly be a check to this are completely neutered by their dependence on the donor class, who are purely mercenary in their favor. It’s a potentially scary situation. I’m not saying that Trump himself represents the end of it all, but, IMO, he’s pulled back the curtain to show us how easily the end could come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I think we will come out of this okay so long as theres not a major terrorist attack while Trump is President. Thats the key event he needs.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The Central Committee has decreed that North Korea will not relinquish its nuclear arsenal, which it termed a “precious legacy” of the country’s late leaders, despite an earlier pledge by party chairman Kim Jong Un to denuclearize.

cc: Donald Trump
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    A Chinese worker sews flags and banners for the U.S. President Donald Trump's 2020 presidential re-election campaign to be exported to the United States of America at a factory in Fuyang city, east China's Anhui province, 13 July 2018. The red, white and blue banners for U.S. President Donald Trump's second-term campaign are ready to ship, emblazoned with the words "Keep America Great!" But they are made in eastern China and soon could be hit by punitive tariffs of Trump's own making as he ratchets up a rancorous trade dispute with Beijing. At the Jiahao Flag Co Ltd in Anhui province, women operate sewing machines to hem the edges of "Trump 2020" flags the size of beach towels, while others fold and bundle them for delivery.

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Someone should make those same Trump 2020 signs but saying "Make Russia Great Again"

It’s over."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-26-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I imagine the scope will be limited, but that’s the guy who knows it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Guyana 1978

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I will say I’m disturbed by all of the small ways he’s chipping away at the norms of accountability that we’ve traditionally expected of our leaders. The **** thing is that, for the most part, the push for executive branch authority has tended to expand regardless of party or ideology, so the next guy has always been more or less content to consolidate and expand the gains of his predecessor. Now that Trump’s essentially laying down a precedent that there are no rules and no norms that matter, and the legislature is playing along, a dangerous precedent has been set. The people who should ostensibly be a check to this are completely neutered by their dependence on the donor class, who are purely mercenary in their favor. It’s a potentially scary situation. I’m not saying that Trump himself represents the end of it all, but, IMO, he’s pulled back the curtain to show us how easily the end could come.
    The expansion of executive power reflects the fecklessness of the legislative branch in recent decades. I think ultimately some radical reform of the Congress will have to be seriously considered.

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Should abolish any government agency that you wouldn't want Donald Trump to be in charge of