Thread: Curt Schilling the Politician

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts

Curt Schilling the Politician

With Trump's apparent success this should not be a surprise.

BOSTON – Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is considering running against Sen. Elizabeth Warren in 2018.

Schilling said in an interview Monday on WRKO-AM that he's been weighing a campaign against the popular Massachusetts Democrat.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,849 Posts
    He already said he planned to run for President next possible repbulican opening

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,996 Posts
    Free country and all, but I think Curt Schilling is an absolute whack job and it has little to do with his politics. He should stick to busting up QuesTec machines.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-20-2016), jpx7 (08-20-2016), Tapate50 (08-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Didn't he go broke from securing a loan with all.of his money? I don't know wether that should do him from the position or if that makes him more qualified since most of congresses job s flushing our money down the toilet.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Didn't he go broke from securing a loan with all.of his money? I don't know wether that should do him from the position or if that makes him more qualified since most of congresses job s flushing our money down the toilet.
    Off memory I'm pretty sure it was on his failed video game company. Apparently he invested all of his money into. They did produce a couple of games but it never amounted to much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    He must be a democrat.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Curt may be a dbag, but he certainly hasn't escaped any negative karma that comes along with it.
    thank you weso1!

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    he embodies the worst of this country

can't stand him and wish he would learn to just go away

"There can be no question our country is in the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes. I also think there can be no question that it falls on us, the individuals, to find a way out of our own personal crisis." -- Curt Schilling, February 2011

guess he forgot those words when his awful company had to be bailed by the people of Rhode Island for over $100 million

**** Curt and his self righteous preaching.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,039 Posts
    He played for the Phillies so screw him. Won't get my vote.

A Schilling-Dykstra ticket would be riveting.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    He played for the Phillies so screw him. Won't get my vote.

A Schilling-Dykstra ticket would be riveting.
    Would Kruk be Secretary of State in that administration?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    he embodies the worst of this country

can't stand him and wish he would learn to just go away

"There can be no question our country is in the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes. I also think there can be no question that it falls on us, the individuals, to find a way out of our own personal crisis." -- Curt Schilling, February 2011

guess he forgot those words when his awful company had to be bailed by the people of Rhode Island for over $100 million

**** Curt and his self righteous preaching.
    That's rich. Grumping about the hypocrisy of Schilling but yet still willing to pull the trigger for Hillary.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    That's rich. Grumping about the hypocrisy of Schilling but yet still willing to pull the trigger for Hillary.
    hmm, i doubt i vote this election for a couple reasons but i won't let that get in the way of your awful point
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Curt Schilling the Next Donald Trump, Matt Taibbi piece in Rolling Stone

Having proven incapable of running a business, being a good steward of either his own money or the taxpayers', or holding down the world's cushiest job, Schilling naturally decided to get into politics.

Don't bet against him winning a Senate seat in my home state of Massachusetts, either. His would be a victory for the cause of ignorance and tone-deafness perhaps even exceeding Trump's capture of the Republican nomination.

Schilling's biggest political crime isn't his ranting about subjects he knows nothing about, his insistence on arguing science with scientists, or his pathological touchiness about being labeled a racist even as he makes endless unprovoked sorties into explosive racial/ethnic controversies.

No, the baffling thing is how miserable he is in the face of great fortune.

Understanding that there's a distinction between being smart and being educated, Schilling got to be filthy rich without being either, thanks to that winning genetic lottery ticket hanging off his right shoulder.

He lived the good life in the majors for 19 years, and even after he blew all his money, he kept getting second and third and fourth chances. In a classic example of failing upward, Schilling may even ultimately get elected to the U.S. Senate precisely because of the "bad decisions" that got him fired from his ESPN gig.

He's living proof of a truism H.L. Mencken noted nearly 100 years ago, i.e. that for a certain kind of person in America, failure is something you've got to sprint after at full speed to catch – it won't come to you:

"In the United States the business of getting a living is enormously easier than it is in any other Christian land – so easy, in fact, that a forehanded man who fails at it must almost make deliberate efforts to that end.

"Here the general average of intelligence, of knowledge, of competence, of integrity, of self-respect, of honor is so low that any man who knows his trade, does not fear ghosts, has read fifty good books, and practices the common decencies stands out as brilliantly as a wart on a bald head."

I doubt Schilling has read 50 good books. I'd put the over/under at three, including whatever abridged version of the Bible he owns. But he might run for high office anyway, and would get lots of people to fund his effort, still more proof of how awesome it is to be a white guy in America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,265 Posts
    nice

and sad at the same time

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,480 Posts
    Schilling won't win Senate in Mass, even with his cult of personality strength. Mass is way too blue to elect someone like Schilling. Now a house seat I can see. Jon Runyan ran and won a seat in a fairly conservative part of NJ, I can see Schilling pull that off. But I can't see him winning Senate even if he campaigns with a bloody sock.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg