Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Braves aquire Brad Brach

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shane Carle actually gets optioned to Gwinnett (if possible), which is going to really irritate me. He's not the guy we saw until May 19th but he's a serviceable arm that can chew up innings when it's needed in close games. (3.38 ERA after four straight outings where he gave up runs to end May)
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Further, that he has been run into the ground, and could probably use a 10 day break...which is exactly how the 10 day DL is used.

This notion that he is DFA fodder is laughable, and is the product of a moody 37 year old fat man.
    I'm still 36, not only are you an idiot (since you want to resort to name calling) but you can't add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shane Carle actually gets optioned to Gwinnett (if possible), which is going to really irritate me. He's not the guy we saw until May 19th but he's a serviceable arm that can chew up innings when it's needed in close games. (3.38 ERA after four straight outings where he gave up runs to end May)
    Freeman needs to be sent somewhere because he's not an MLB level relief pitcher with or without the horrible walk numbers. He belongs on the Mets, O's or some other terrible club if he's going to pose as an MLB pitcher!

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    Freeman needs to be sent somewhere because he's not an MLB level relief pitcher with or without the horrible walk numbers. He belongs on the Mets, O's or some other terrible club if he's going to pose as an MLB pitcher!
    Enlighten me. What was Freeman last year when he was 2-0, 2.55 in 58 games and averaged way less than a hit per inning and struck one per? I am not going to pretend I have a deft touch citing analytics, but Freeman had a superb year across the board in 2017. A case be made that he was/is overused, but that ain't the same thing as saying he's "posing" as a MLB pitcher. Methinks he needs a DL shutdown, is all. He was unhittable at times last season. Having a short memory doesn't mean it didn't happen.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-30-2018), Jaw (07-30-2018), JohnAdcox (07-30-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    I also took your comment at face value, FWIW. I believe we're beginning to see a version of derangement syndrome here; everything Encheff says isn't sarcastic or derogatory. In fact, many of you "responders" are trash talking at a much higher frequency than he is. Would do all of you good to read aloud what you just wrote before you post it.
    Like he does, right?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Enlighten me. What was Freeman last year when he was 2-0, 2.55 in 58 games and averaged way less than a hit per inning and struck one per? I am not going to pretend I have a deft touch citing analytics, but Freeman had a superb year across the board in 2017. A case be made that he was/is overused, but that ain't the same thing as saying he's "posing" as a MLB pitcher. Methinks he needs a DL shutdown, is all. He was unhittable at times last season. Having a short memory doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    rico, there is no room for a relief pitcher who walks 6 per 9 IP on a contending ballclub.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Brach added to the roster, Freeman to the 10 day DL with "shoulder inflammation"
    Get off my lawn!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-30-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Brach added. Sam Freeman added to the 10 day twitner can’t use him list
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Intelli Braves saw the Freeman 10 day DL stint coming for a while now.

Further, that he has been run into the ground, and could probably use a 10 day break...which is exactly how the 10 day DL is used.
    Luckily, the Braves FO is smart enough to realize that 16 bad innings isn't reason to dump a BP arm.

Freeman's wOBA by month with the Braves:

2017 May - 13.0 IP, .277
    2017 Jun - 11.1 IP, .315
    2017 Jul - 13.1 IP, .312
    2017 Aug - 11.0 IP, .162
    2017 Sept - 11.1 IP, .228
    2018 Apr - 11.1 IP, .246
    2018 May - 11.0 IP, .271
    2018 Jun - 11.2 IP, .334
    2018 Jul - 5.2 IP, .440

Intelli Braves understand that Freeman is probably heading to the 10 day DL for some rest soon.
    Where are the snide DFA comments from the usual suspects now?
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-30-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    wonder if Luke Jackson goes to the DL too when Allard gets activated... I guess they also could option Reed and operate with a three man bench for one game
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You're going to be devastated when Freeman is still trash after his joke of a DL stint.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacheaholic View Post
    You're going to be devastated when Freeman is still trash after his joke of a DL stint.
    I’ll be sure to quote this.

Hopefully you won’t be around to own up to it. Judging by your inability to admit you were wrong here, I’m sure you’ll be gone.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacheaholic View Post
    you've been bookmarked bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Whats his IP by month?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    you've been bookmarked bro
    book im danno
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Whats his IP by month?
    You can see his IP per month as a Brave in my previous post(s).

It's clear they have made a concerted effort to limit his IP this month in order to get him some rest, and now that they are have gotten some reinforcements in the BP they can go ahead and shut him down for real.

As I stated earlier, luckily the Braves FO is smart enough to realize Freeman's most recent 10-15 IP aren't indicative of his true talent level.

Some of our low IQ posters are unable to understand how their personal recency bias is affecting their own valuations of Freeman. They don't like their stupidity being pointed out, so they lash out. It's a very typical response from new posters here that sign up thinking they are Braves/baseball experts, when in reality they don't know much of anything.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-30-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts

You are a great poster when talking about the Braves. When talking about other posters... not so much.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    You can see his IP per month as a Brave in my previous post(s).

It's clear they have made a concerted effort to limit his IP this month in order to get him some rest, and now that they are have gotten some reinforcements in the BP they can go ahead and shut him down for real.

As I stated earlier, luckily the Braves FO is smart enough to realize Freeman's most recent 10-15 IP aren't indicative of his true talent level.

Some of our low IQ posters are unable to understand how their personal recency bias is affecting their own valuations of Freeman. They don't like their stupidity being pointed out, so they lash out. It's a very typical response from new posters here that sign up thinking they are Braves/baseball experts, when in reality they don't know much of anything.
    I could buy some of his problems being caused by overuse or recent bad luck. All 3 of the HRs he's given up this year have come since June 1. His BABIP in July is over .400. But that doesn't account for the BBs.

Freeman's control problems date back to the start of the season. He walked 10 in March/April in 11.1 IP to go along with 10 Ks. That's not good.

His BBs were back to a manageable level in May and June (8 in 22.2 IP) but have skyrocketed again in July (9 in 5.2 IP).

If he can get his BBs down then he's a useful piece. But you really can't be trusted out of the pen in anything resembling a close game if you're walking 6.13 per 9.

Considering AA's history of manipulating the 10 day DL, I thought the call that Freeman would be disabled was a good one when you made it. It's also probably the right decision. Disable him and see if somehow he can find that form he had last year.