Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    85% certain smoltzie is thethe
    Leaning towards brule.

Only because brule22, knicks22, telfair12 screen names historically. But he used capitalization so I’m not sure either.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Let’s stop with the good-guy-with-a-gun fantasy.
    https://fox4kc.com/2018/11/05/regist...iolent-attack/

Licensed gun owner helps save metro mom of three from violent attack

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The quick actions by a licensed gun owner helped save a woman from a violent attack over the weekend.

Benjamin Seadorf was with his four children on Saturday when he suddenly heard what he described as “blood-curling screams” coming from outside his home near 12th Street and Van Brunt Boulevard.

“She definitely was in fear of her life,” Seadorf said. “She was screaming at the top of her lungs, profusely bawling. She just kept screaming, ‘Help me! Help! Somebody, please help me!’ over and over again."
    “As I get close to the vehicle, I noticed her top's ripped off,” Seadorf said. “No shirt on. Her bras halfway off, and her pants were halfway off because he kept grabbing her.”

Seadorf approached the car with his gun pointed at Williams then told him to get out and down on the ground.

“He put the car in park, and I knew he was going to start to comply, and I wouldn’t have to go any further,” Seadorf said.

Police arrested Williams a short time later. Seadorf said he was shocked no one else in the area tried to intervene.
    Williams faces two counts of domestic assault.

Seadorf said officers thanked him for stopping the attack.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    https://fox4kc.com/2018/11/05/regist...iolent-attack/

Licensed gun owner helps save metro mom of three from violent attack

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The quick actions by a licensed gun owner helped save a woman from a violent attack over the weekend.

Benjamin Seadorf was with his four children on Saturday when he suddenly heard what he described as “blood-curling screams” coming from outside his home near 12th Street and Van Brunt Boulevard.

“She definitely was in fear of her life,” Seadorf said. “She was screaming at the top of her lungs, profusely bawling. She just kept screaming, ‘Help me! Help! Somebody, please help me!’ over and over again."
    “As I get close to the vehicle, I noticed her top's ripped off,” Seadorf said. “No shirt on. Her bras halfway off, and her pants were halfway off because he kept grabbing her.”

Seadorf approached the car with his gun pointed at Williams then told him to get out and down on the ground.

“He put the car in park, and I knew he was going to start to comply, and I wouldn’t have to go any further,” Seadorf said.

Police arrested Williams a short time later. Seadorf said he was shocked no one else in the area tried to intervene.
    Williams faces two counts of domestic assault.

Seadorf said officers thanked him for stopping the attack.
    Well that’s one in a row for you, Wild Bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    12 in Thousand Oaks, California.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Well that’s one in a row for you, Wild Bill.
    Can't be. The good guy with a gun is just a fantasy.

Also, that isn't the only one of those posted since 57 enlightened us with that tweet. I suppose I could find some website that lists all of these and make a general nuisance of myself by posting them all like some people do with their twitter feed, but I find it unlikely that doing so would make anyone reconsider their party's...I mean, their personal stance on the issue.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This was a little over two weeks ago.

Here's good guy with a gun data.
    The families of last nights 12 (including a good guy with a gun) could not give 2 flips about your idyllic version of freedom
    Without ever identifying the freedom gained or lost
    I can identify the lives lost --- and what about their freedom to safely go do yoga or go to college night or worship
    Let's not for a second dismiss the "good guy with a gun ... " callus response.
    Which I sense you are trying to do. Why ? Because you like the policies of the fellow travelers in Congress,White House K Street ?

Shooting in Pittsburgh seems so long ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/breaking-n...ry?id=53360480
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-08-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...7y61lKNcclkkT0

Baltimore cops kill a grandpa who refuses to allow his gun to be confiscated. I cant really blame the cops in this particular situation, a protective order was filed and we dont know why or by whom. I have the utmost respect fornpeople who have done nothing wrong dont comply. We wouldnt be a nation if not for "criminals" who stood up to their government.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Can't be. The good guy with a gun is just a fantasy.

Also, that isn't the only one of those posted since 57 enlightened us with that tweet. I suppose I could find some website that lists all of these and make a general nuisance of myself by posting them all like some people do with their twitter feed, but I find it unlikely that doing so would make anyone reconsider their party's...I mean, their personal stance on the issue.
    Yeah...I’m probably not moving on that unless you could show me some kind of convincing data that “good guys with guns” somehow outweigh “nitwits with guns.” If you comb through the daily wires, you’ll find the occasional GGWAG story, amidst a raft of accidental shootings, negligent discharges, murders, etc...the sum of which is part of what informs my belief (my personal belief, not my party platform) that the presence of guns makes me and mine less safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Yeah...I’m probably not moving on that unless you could show me some kind of convincing data that “good guys with guns” somehow outweigh “nitwits with guns.” If you comb through the daily wires, you’ll find the occasional GGWAG story, amidst a raft of accidental shootings, negligent discharges, murders, etc...the sum of which is part of what informs my belief (my personal belief, not my party platform) that the presence of guns makes me and mine less safe.
    I get it. But I also think a lot of our rights would go way by the wayside if we used the same logic. Speech and voting quickly come to mind. I suppose the bumper stickers are right, "Freedom isn't free."
    Go get him!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I would have no problem with some "common sense legislation" to help keep guns out of the hands to psychopaths, etc., but I rarely hear than kind, it's usually no guns for anyone or 100 guns each for everyone. Better background checks that help to point out potential mass shooters would be good, and law enforcement actually giving a crap when they are told about someone about to commit a mass shooting would also be nice.

Bottom line to me is that there's no way to collect the 350 million (or however many) guns that are out there now without taking them away from the law abiding only since criminals will spit on any law that doesn't work in their best interests.

Just my opinion though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I would have no problem with some "common sense legislation" to help keep guns out of the hands to psychopaths, etc., but I rarely hear than kind, it's usually no guns for anyone or 100 guns each for everyone. Better background checks that help to point out potential mass shooters would be good, and law enforcement actually giving a crap when they are told about someone about to commit a mass shooting would also be nice.

Bottom line to me is that there's no way to collect the 350 million (or however many) guns that are out there now without taking them away from the law abiding only since criminals will spit on any law that doesn't work in their best interests.

Just my opinion though.
    The federal law enforcement actually fulfilling their end of the background check process would be an improvement. Lots of these checks are going unanswered, resulting in the buyer being able to make the purchase.
    Go get him!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    The federal law enforcement actually fulfilling their end of the background check process would be an improvement. Lots of these checks are going unanswered, resulting in the buyer being able to make the purchase.
    What was that documentary (I guess that's what it was) a while back that showed some of the tens of thousands of rape kits sitting in police custody waiting to be processed? Can you imagine being one of those victims waiting for justice while the rapists are out there doing it to other victims?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    A while back I posted a scatter plot of data on gun deaths per capita versus guns owned per capita by state. Partly due to poor formatting, it did not seem to make much of an impression. I wanted to come back to this and give gun deaths per capita for the five states where guns owned is highest and the five where it is lowest.

Highest: 13.7 gun deaths per 100,000 population

Lowest: 6.1 gun deaths per 100,000 population

Of course, its much lower in other countries with lower gun ownership. But some have argued this may be due to cultural differences. There are cultural and other differences across states as well. But presumably less than across countries.

I think between the international comparisons and the inter-state comparisons, the data are pretty convincing.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-14-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chicago Hospital
    Domestic Violence
    Good guy with a gun shot dead by another with a gun

Shot being the operative word

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    TIme is a funny thing:

Perhaps the PArkland Kids that were lambasted on Fox and on this forum had it right and you (you know who you are) had it wrong !!!!

Rainbow Rowell
    ‏Verified account @rainbowrowell
    17h17 hours ago

Russia aggressively used social media to confuse Americans

and pit us against each other during the 2016 election.

They promoted guns and the GOP.

It's deeply, deeply upsetting.

article
    WP behind paywall

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Zach Ford arguing the mugger who pulled the gun on the girl is the real victim here is peak liberalism

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts