Page 903 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 40380385389390190290390490591395310031403 ... LastLast
Results 18,041 to 18,060 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The reason the media is reporting it now is directly because of Trump's making it an issue. Nothing else.
    But they are reporting it inaccurately.

"Unprecedented"

It's not.

You Ok with that ?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    Another case of the lioness left has lost it’s mind?

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/29/tru...inity_partner/

We know at least one poster who will be fuming about that article.
    There's really nothing new in this assessment. Lakoff wrote about the "stern father v. nurturing mother" political dichotomy years ago. I think the temperature has amped up since he wrote that, but the basic theme that conservatives are manly men and liberals are swishy Chardonnay drinkers has been around for quite awhile. Where I think things have changed is that a number of social issues have migrated to a single side in the debate which makes things more stark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But they are reporting it inaccurately.

"Unprecedented"

It's not.

You Ok with that ?
    The situation is "unprecedented". Trump picked a fight with the caravan and turned the situation into his political pinata. Just because tear gas has been used before doesn't make the situations equal. I assume that tear gas was used before at undermanned posts. That isn't the case anymore. There are thousands of armed officials on the US side.

That said, I don't really have an issue with the tear gas. At least they weren't firing their guns like Trump had wanted. Also "unprecedented" was the fact that our President basically said the military should fire on unarmed women and children.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Imagine thinking it’s a bigger deal something wasn’t reported years ago (for whatever reason) instead of the actual action we know is happening right now
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rantt Media
    ‏ @RanttMedia
    30m30 minutes ago

Trump accused Clinton's Foundation of corruption while his foundation was self-dealing

Trump accuses Mueller of being "conflicted" while profiting from the presidency

Republicans accuse Democrats of voter fraud while literally stealing elections

@GOP - Grifters Of Projection
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Literally stealing elections?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Yes. Have you not seen any of the many examples of election stealing that posters in here have posted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Yes. Have you not seen any of the many examples of election stealing that posters in here have posted?
    I've seen all over the interwebs how dangerous and fascist it is to not accept election results.

I guess that's only the case some of the time, though

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I've seen all over the interwebs how dangerous and fascist it is to not accept election results.

A Black democrat woman loses to a white man in Georgia and the election was rigged, a black republican loses in Minnesota to a white but no allegations whatsoever of election rigging? Wonder why

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    republicans stole an election in the state of georgia
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    To be fair, there does seem to be a race in Georgia where people’s ballots were either being literally stolen or changed by an operative for the Republican candidate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Legum explained why the emergence of Leslie McCrae Dowless, who was an “independent contractor” for Harris’ campaign, is bad news for Republicans:

…Leslie McCrae Dowless, the man at the center of the controversy…has previously been convicted of felony fraud. In 2016, McCrae Dowless admitted to running an operation where he paid people for each absentee ballot they were able to collect. The operating allegedly involved paying “people to obtain absentee ballots, fill them out, and cast their votes on someone else’s behalf,” according to an exposé on This American Life.

https://thinkprogress.org/north-caro...-a718964f6bf1/

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    A Black democrat woman loses to a white man in Georgia and the election was rigged, a black republican loses in Minnesota to a white but no allegations whatsoever of election rigging? Wonder why
    Living in Minnesota and following the legislative races closely, I know there were a couple of African-American Republican legislative candidates, neither of whom won. To my knowledge, there have been no complaints lodged. We are in the midst of one recount where the DFLer (Democratic Party label in Minnesota) won by 8 votes, but other than that, it was a quiet year. Our elections are pretty clean up here in Minnesota. Not to say there aren't purported hi-jinks and mismanagement of some races from time-to-time, but our Secretaries of State (from both parties over the past five decades) have helped build perhaps the most sound voting system in the nation, which explains our consistently high level of voter participation, which led the nation in voter turnout percentage in 2018.

If you know something, call the Minneapolis StarTribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Living in Minnesota and following the legislative races closely, I know there were a couple of African-American Republican legislative candidates, neither of whom won. To my knowledge, there have been no complaints lodged. We are in the midst of one recount where the DFLer (Democratic Party label in Minnesota) won by 8 votes, but other than that, it was a quiet year. Our elections are pretty clean up here in Minnesota. Not to say there aren't purported hi-jinks and mismanagement of some races from time-to-time, but our Secretaries of State (from both parties over the past five decades) have helped build perhaps the most sound voting system in the nation, which explains our consistently high level of voter participation, which led the nation in voter turnout percentage in 2018.

If you know something, call the Minneapolis StarTribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
    Hey Fitty, from a historical standpoint, do recent events such as those in GA, WI, in NC, and the overall attempts of the executive branch to get as many like minded individuals (and I mean this process on steroids as compared with normal practices by either party) remind you of any particular time frame in US History? I'm seeing one in particular but I wanted to get your opinion on it before I said anything.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Not sure if Trump has been on his relative best behavior since last week's festivities because he's resigned to the fact of what's going on, or if it's because everyone around him has basically told him to not be a doofus during the last few days of Bush 41's death and mourning and lay low. The media is going to be covering the Bush 41 funeral stuff round the clock, so it gives him some temporary headroom to duck under those headlines while the Mueller investigation burns down the walls around him. Even at the G-20 he was on his best behavior (which is setting the bar really low at this point). The walking off the stage thing was really tame for his standards.

He's tweeted some things about Cohen and Stone, but that's relatively light in comparison to what his normal antics are.
    Forever Fredi

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Trumps tariff tweet today shows how ****ing stupid he is when it comes to this stuff

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoltzie29 View Post
    Trumps tariff tweet today shows how ****ing stupid he is
    Shocked.

Or he's a genius because he knows the people buying into his propaganda are morons.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    Shocked.

Or he's a genius because he knows the people buying into his propaganda are morons.
    Or China will sit at the Table and cave to Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I say Guten Tag to my trumpophilic friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts