Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1885

Thread: Political Correctness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    Except MLK had a good cause to bring people together and Kap could care less as long as he gets paid. He is spitting on the graves' of his own ancestors by disrespecting the flag that they fought and died for. African Americans died protecting our flag just as much as Caucasians did but let's not let facts get in the way.
    Got ZERO to do with the flag. How many times does it have to be said?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Except MLK had a good cause to bring people together and Kap could care less as long as he gets paid. He is spitting on the graves' of his own ancestors by disrespecting the flag that they fought and died for. African Americans died protecting our flag just as much as Caucasians did but let's not let facts get in the way.
    Wow, late 50's early 60's MLK's cause was not viewed as " a good cause to bring people together "
    April 4, 1968 would be a good place to start reading history backwards

Pertaining to Kap, you miss the point,boat and the whole schlemiel
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    one more note, the flag was never an issue until Trump introduced at a rally in Alabama.
    Same one where he called football players (re:black athletes) SOB's.

I would argue Nike is cashing in on that slip of tongue
    Last edited by 57Brave; 09-05-2018 at 06:57 AM.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Whats a couple billion?
    Honestly —and this is kind of depressing— not all that much for a company like Nike. Stock dipped 3% and already gained back .5% overnight.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    MLK was reviled by the same kinds of people who are bitching about Kap and torching their kicks.

If you think Kap is doing his thing for the paycheck, you haven’t paid attention.

Black servicemen died for the nation in the Civil War against an insurrectionist foe who denied their humanity. They fought in WWI and came home to lynchings and segregation. They fought in WWII and came back to Jim Crow. Vietnam, rinse and repeat. In every conflict, the reality of racism at home was put in sharper relief by their sacrifice. I really don’t think this is a point that works for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Kaepernick has done more for veterans than Trump ever has. Theres a whole lot of black veterans who are just another ****** to cops when they come home.

We got something like 30,000 homeless veterans and the President owns a chain of hotels. Have his hotels even onve offered a homeless vet a free night when they has room? I doubt it. Trump claims to be a multi-billionare. Has he even so much as bought a homeless veteran a 5$ happy meal?

Someone please explaim to me how standing for a national anthem and then doing absolutely nothing for veterans is supporting them.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 09-05-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Kaeps calls for civility ring a little hollow when he supports Castro.

Kinda like Goldy hating Trump while loving The

Regardless, I support the protests. But laugh at the idea of Kaep "sacrificing everything"

Poor wording in my opinion

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-05-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    It is poor wording but harping on it is silly. What Castro does he support? Fidel? MLK was a communist. That didnt make him any less right or a hero. Your taking the point and trying to divert every way possible. Thats GOP strategy 101. "Sacrifice a lot of money and the prime years of his career but its okay he is still rich and famous" just doesnt have the same ring to it. You couldnt really say MLK sacrificed everything either until he was murdered. Still a whole lot of time for Kaepernick. Law Enforcement supports Trump at an 84% rate, I bet if we got to look we would find some Kaepernick pictures with bullseyes on them in police departments. How long ago was it cops fabricated reasons to assault and arrest a political opponent of Trump? Cops are just butthurt they cant run on the field and beat up people kneeling like they could if they protested in the streets.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...paign%2001.pdf

Heres a response from a police organization. Boils down to "how dare someone claim police are racists!". Police are always defenders of the status quo. If they had their way blacks wouldnt even be allowed to play in the NFL. Took a lot of people going out protesting and getting their ass beat by cops to change things. During times of slavery they said it wasnt racist. During the Jim Crow laws ERA they said they werent racist. During the segregation era they said they werent racist. Now in the War on Drugs ERA they say they arent racist. Can I get an exact date on when they stopped being racist? Ask a cop why they oversaturate black areas and they say its because thats where the crime is. Hmmmm

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...paign%2001.pdf

Heres a response from a police organization. Boils down to "how dare someone claim police are racists!". Police are always defenders of the status quo. If they had their way blacks wouldnt even be allowed to play in the NFL. Took a lot of people going out protesting and getting their ass beat by cops to change things. During times of slavery they said it wasnt racist. During the Jim Crow laws ERA they said they werent racist. During the segregation era they said they werent racist. Now in the War on Drugs ERA they say they arent racist. Can I get an exact date on when they stopped being racist? Ask a cop why they oversaturate black areas and they say its because thats where the crime is. Hmmmm

I think if you look around a bit, you will find many public statements proudly proclaiming racism as the basis for each of the things you mentioned here.
    Last edited by Jaw; 09-05-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post

I think if you look around a bit, you will find many public statements proudly proclaiming racism as the basis for each of the things you mentioned here.
    I think it only takes a small tweak to make his point stand. Today racism is recognized as a societal evil. In the past, defenses of those acts centered around them not being bad, racism just wasn’t the bad thing they were claiming them not to be.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (09-05-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    It is poor wording but harping on it is silly. What Castro does he support? Fidel? MLK was a communist. That didnt make him any less right or a hero. Your taking the point and trying to divert every way possible. Thats GOP strategy 101. "Sacrifice a lot of money and the prime years of his career but its okay he is still rich and famous" just doesnt have the same ring to it. You couldnt really say MLK sacrificed everything either until he was murdered. Still a whole lot of time for Kaepernick. Law Enforcement supports Trump at an 84% rate, I bet if we got to look we would find some Kaepernick pictures with bullseyes on them in police departments. How long ago was it cops fabricated reasons to assault and arrest a political opponent of Trump? Cops are just butthurt they cant run on the field and beat up people kneeling like they could if they protested in the streets.
    You are getting very difficult to have a reasonable discussion with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Thats what happens when I run out of weed. Never fear, the tolerance break will be over tomorrow.

Racisim is defined as prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Its a small distinction to make but slavers considered it just a fact. During all these time periods law enforcement did not openly say they were racist or enforcing racist laws. Many years later yeah law enforcement admits those things but none of these racist people considered themselves racists. Its almost comical these days everytime someone gets caught saying something blatantly racist like that state rep who said we cant legalize marijuana because it makes the blacks go wild they come out afterwards and claim they arent racist. The police have historically always been used to attack those seeking positive change. Abolitionists were the lowest of the low during slavery times often being lynched.

Its always going to be hard to have a reasonable discussion with me if you keep getting distracted like a dog seeing a squirrel. Your using distraction tactics to change the focus from the issue will always draw my ire as will anyone else who does it. Maybe I do it too without realizing sometimes.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I support the protests and the causes. I agree our police state is a disaster.

You don't seem to wanna hear what I'm saying so I'm going to stop engaging.

My entire point is the Kaepernick is the wrong face for this mission, in my opinion.

But feel free to call me a GOP lapdog racist again

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    There’s never a right face for the mission. Everyone has flaws.

You’re right. Kap didn’t “sacrifice everything.” He still has his life, his health, and his wealth. But he did sacrifice a fair bit more than most folks are likely to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    On Wednesday, the National Black Police Association released an open letter they sent to Mark Parker, Nike’s CEO. In the letter, the group not only condemned the calls from traditionally white police organizations to boycott Nike, but congratulated Nike on its new campaign featuring Kaepernick.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/05/...-black-police/

— taking a shot at the National Association of Police Organizations in the process. “NAPO believes that Mr. Kaepernick’s choice to openly protest issues surging police brutality, racism and social injustices in this country makes him anti-police,” Pruitt wrote. “On the contrary, the NBPA believes that Mr. Kaepernick’s stance is in direct alignment with what law enforcement stands for—the protection of a people, their human rights, their dignity, their safety, and their rights as American citizens.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I support the protests and the causes. I agree our police state is a disaster.

You don't seem to wanna hear what I'm saying so I'm going to stop engaging.

My entire point is the Kaepernick is the wrong face for this mission, in my opinion.

But feel free to call me a GOP lapdog racist again

I accused you of using GOP tactics to divert the discussion away from the topic/issue. Where you get me calling you racist is beyond me. If you support the message I would think you would be happy that he is provoking discussion about it.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    On Wednesday, the National Black Police Association released an open letter they sent to Mark Parker, Nike’s CEO. In the letter, the group not only condemned the calls from traditionally white police organizations to boycott Nike, but congratulated Nike on its new campaign featuring Kaepernick.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/05/...-black-police/

— taking a shot at the National Association of Police Organizations in the process. “NAPO believes that Mr. Kaepernick’s choice to openly protest issues surging police brutality, racism and social injustices in this country makes him anti-police,” Pruitt wrote. “On the contrary, the NBPA believes that Mr. Kaepernick’s stance is in direct alignment with what law enforcement stands for—the protection of a people, their human rights, their dignity, their safety, and their rights as American citizens.”
    Thats the type of attitude I want from police. For anyone to claim there isnt a problem is willful ignorance. Cops are human just like the rest of us and are susceptible to the same temptations that the rest of us are. Studies have shown that the biggest factor driving criminality is how certain that person believes they will be caught. Few people commit crimes thinking they will get caught.

The most telling thing to me about a cop is their attitude towards investigations of police and when a cop is prosecuted and/or convicted. If I catch a cop committing a serious crime and turn over evidence to convict them the police should thank me for helping to get a criminal oit of their ranks. There are no more dangerous criminals out there than one with a badge and a gun. When cops complain about poluce being held accountable to the law its a good bet they are doing illegal **** themselves.

As i have said many times I am not anti-cop. If they actually did their job right and didnt use their authority to bully people I would want to double the amount of cops on the street.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Thats the type of attitude I want from police. For anyone to claim there isnt a problem is willful ignorance. Cops are human just like the rest of us and are susceptible to the same temptations that the rest of us are. Studies have shown that the biggest factor driving criminality is how certain that person believes they will be caught. Few people commit crimes thinking they will get caught.

The most telling thing to me about a cop is their attitude towards investigations of police and when a cop is prosecuted and/or convicted. If I catch a cop committing a serious crime and turn over evidence to convict them the police should thank me for helping to get a criminal oit of their ranks. There are no more dangerous criminals out there than one with a badge and a gun. When cops complain about poluce being held accountable to the law its a good bet they are doing illegal **** themselves.

As i have said many times I am not anti-cop. If they actually did their job right and didnt use their authority to bully people I would want to double the amount of cops on the street.
    And that is the type of attitude that most LE officers have. I think it's understandable that police organizations as a whole would take issue with a movement like BLM that generalizes police as racists that don't think black lives matter.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    It is not the attitude most of them have. This union is half the size of the one that sent Nike a strongly worded letter opposing this ad.

I love the irony of cops being upset at being all lumped into one big group as bad people. BLM is not a nationwide organized group. They are bunch of independent groups loosely connected by the name and goals. Anyone can call themselves BLM and as such there are going to be extremists.

The main point from Kaepernick and BLM as I see it is wanting police held accountable to the law like everyone else. All potential cases involving cops should be run by an independent prosecutor and all police departments should have proactive audits of their officers conduct. Right now its up to private citizens and local news to conduct these investigations but they dont have the authority charge/prosecute/disciplne cops or the protections from retaliation that an FBI agent would have. One example of an audit would be to have a black FBI agent purposely get pulled over by a cop, only cooperate to the legal extent he is required to and see what happens. Does the officer say they smell marijuana to fabricate probable cause to search. Does the officer bring a k-9 and fake a hit on the car to search. Obiously they would use a car that is 100% verified clean. It only would take a few cases of cops getting busted doing this to change the behavior of all cops because they would actually have fear that they would be caught.

It’s over."