Page 462 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p...ational_anthem

Fueled by comments by President Donald J. Trump aimed at NFL players not standing for the national anthem, McCourty and at least 15 Patriots teammates took a knee during the anthem prior to playing the Texans Sunday. Many fans booed the players in response and called for them to “stand up.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Just going to lead to another trump win in 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    And, said the report from Bombthrowers.com, one outfit, the Economist, used 58 percent more Democrats than Republicans in a recent poll on Trump's approval ratings.

"In every poll, Democrat respondents outnumbered Republicans by significant amounts. The Economist poll was the worst. Only 24 percent of respondents (360) were Republicans compared to 38 percent (570) Democrats – which means that 58 percent more Democrats were polled than Republicans, as shown in the %D/R column. On average, in these seven widely recognized national polls, only 29 percent (409 people) of the total 1,383 polled were Republicans, while 37 percent (518) were Democrats. Another way of saying it is that, on average, 29 percent more Democrats than Republicans were polled," wrote James Simpson, an economist, businessman and journalist.

Simpson called the practice "fraud."
    But please...keep telling me how I need to seek professional help by imagining all this corruption.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Trump added two more countries to his anti-Muslim travel ban. This Hitler wanna-Be has added the Muslim countries of North Korea and Venezuela to his travel ban. What a racist and a racist travel ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Trump added two more countries to his anti-Muslim travel ban. This Hitler wanna-Be has added the Muslim countries of North Korea and Venezuela to his travel ban. What a racist and a racist travel ban.
    Sorry to interject a baseball related note, but I assume Venezuelan players will not have an issue renewing visas, work permits, etc. There seems to be a "bona fide relationship with a U.S. entity" provision that would appear to cover them.

Returning to politics, I think the exclusively Muslim nature of the initial list (accompanied by comments such as the one from Giuliani that Trump asked him to come up with a Muslim ban that would pass legal muster) made that initial ban highly problematic from a legal perspective. Subsequent versions, including this one, have resolved some of these problems.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-24-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that for as idiotic as his NFL/NBA attacks have been this weekend, the 5 minutes he spent spewing that garbage did not affect relief efforts.
    LOL thinking that Trump is in anyway involved in coordinating relief to Puerto Rico.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-25-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Art College in Savannah has quite a few kids from Venezuela that attend here. Considering how much money that college has invested to the city and capital it's brought here, very dumb move.

North Korea I can understand, I suppose hes' now banning them to go to the U.N. since the U.N. is in New York?
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Just going to lead to another trump win in 2020.
    Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    That orange piece of **** is just a pure piece of garbage human

Seriously, the bottom of the barrel of examples on how a human should be
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I want to know if all the people who were in an uproar at A&E over the Duck Dynasty dad getting suspended for "expressing his religious beliefs" are also the ones getting totally offended by NFL players kneeling or sitting down.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trump says to boycott the NFL. I'm guessing he didn't run that by John Kelly first.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Lol
    I know it's hard for you to imagine because in your echo chamber you are fed false stories and polls. At some point you'll learn.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Trump says to boycott the NFL. I'm guessing he didn't run that by John Kelly first.
    Trump is just saying what million's of Americans are already doing. The NFL should take this strong of a stance against domestic abuse but apparently this is more important.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p...ational_anthem

Fueled by comments by President Donald J. Trump aimed at NFL players not standing for the national anthem, McCourty and at least 15 Patriots teammates took a knee during the anthem prior to playing the Texans Sunday. Many fans booed the players in response and called for them to “stand up.”

Yep, but they probably stayed didn't they?

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Trump is just saying what million's of Americans are already doing. The NFL should take this strong of a stance against domestic abuse but apparently this is more important.
    Yes I agree. But domestic violence and brain damage haven't exactly provoked any "I'm not gonna watch anymore" from the snowflakes so bent about players expressing their first amendment freedoms. If anything, Trump believes the game is too sanitized and not as fun to watch anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Besides being a first class douche

this guy is a terrible politician
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Looking at the latest version of the travel ban conspicuous by their absence is Saudi Arabia
    hmm

pick one

https://www.google.com/search?q=saud...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Are, for example, the NFL protesters disrespecting the flag or are they using that symbol as a flashpoint to bring attention to their ultimate ends? What else would you suggest they do?

Why not reinforce their right to protest, rather than attacking them? That seems like it would be the more orthodox lover-of-freedom's response.
    Yep. I think Trump missed a huge opportunity here. He could have gained a lot of respect by saying something like, "I think they're knuckleheads, but they have the right to do it until their employers take it away."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I support the NFL players protesting the anthem, absolutely. Trump should stay out of it or at least ask for a thoughtful discussion on it.

Both he and Obama have failed on race issues
    Yep. But to be fair, both have had to deal with unprecedented racial bomb throwing from the media and SJWs during their presidencies. People were mad at Obama because his policies weren't racist enough. They're mad at Trump because leftist news and 57's twitter feed tell them he's a racist despite any evidence. The environment makes it difficult to be constructive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Because people equate white supremacism with David Duke, et al, because it helps them sleep better at night.

Because it's easier not to even consider what white supremacism means, and has meant, in practice.

Because it's apparently easier to speak up for your friends who own NFL franchises than to consider what it's like for the people who earn millions for those same folks, who have the audacity to recognize that they and those who look like them are one traffic stop away from being jail-bound *******.

White supremacism doesn't wear a sheet. It walks among us in polite society. Let's applaud the people who risk their livelihood to transmit this message, rather than condemning them.
    So now it isn't enough to condemn real racists, we need to condemn society in general and whites in particular right?

Is there a certain threshold of white guilt we can express to be forgiven? I mean, growing up I was homeless for a while, then lived in a house with a dirt floor and multiple trailer parks, I was working 50 hour weeks in high school, and started working 100+ hours a week the same week that I graduated, but I'm sure none of that has anything to do with me getting out of poverty, right? It had to be the white supremacy that walks among us in polite society.

In the age of Obama, Holder, Ben Carson, Condi Rice, and numerous others that have reached heights beyond what a person of any color can expect, this trope is tired. And it's beneath you.