Page 463 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563963 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Nobody seemed to care about first amendment rights in Charlottesville
    Sure they did. They cared very much about Antifa's rights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes I agree. But domestic violence and brain damage haven't exactly provoked any "I'm not gonna watch anymore" from the snowflakes so bent about players expressing their first amendment freedoms. If anything, Trump believes the game is too sanitized and not as fun to watch anymore.
    While domestic violence and brain damage have not had the impacts of the kneeling they are still moving fans away and more importantly children away since their parents are not allowing them to play. Football's future is in flux right now IMO.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    So now it isn't enough to condemn real racists, we need to condemn society in general and whites in particular right?

Is there a certain threshold of white guilt we can express to be forgiven? I mean, growing up I was homeless for a while, then lived in a house with a dirt floor and multiple trailer parks, I was working 50 hour weeks in high school, and started working 100+ hours a week the same week that I graduated, but I'm sure none of that has anything to do with me getting out of poverty, right? It had to be the white supremacy that walks among us in polite society.

In the age of Obama, Holder, Ben Carson, Condi Rice, and numerous others that have reached heights beyond what a person of any color can expect, this trope is tired. And it's beneath you.
    This all day and all night. Privilege is economic and not racial.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So no comments yet from the leftist peanut gallery about the fraudulent polling?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...925-story.html

Sudanese migrant from 96. He's integrated well.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Adam Best‏Verified account @adamcbest

Jared Kushner email situation won't become a scandal just like the Bush-Cheney-Rove emails didn't.

It was never the emails. It was Hillary.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (09-25-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I know it's hard for you to imagine because in your echo chamber you are fed false stories and polls. At some point you'll learn.
    The irony of this. Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-25-2017), Runnin (09-25-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...925-story.html

Sudanese migrant from 96. He's integrated well.
    He did interstate well. Americans love killing with guns
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    The irony of this. Lol
    No response to the media defrauding the American people with oversampled polling?

Now we know why Hillary was up a million points in March. Wonder what type of tangable impact this pathetic act has on the country. Should people be fired?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Adam Serwer 🍝‏Verified account @AdamSerwer 30m30 minutes ago

Pretty interesting how in commentary about NFL protests "our troops" are presumed to be white and have no personal stake in racial equalit
    y.

kind of like "working class"

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA 22h22 hours ago

Thousands of white folks in Alabama gathered together complainin' about black folks gettin' out of line used to be called a Klan rally.
    Do you think that helping to spread this type of message will improve race relations or equality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The First Amendment doesn't need to be deluded but we do need a reminder of who our enemies are. Would Nazis have been allowed to march in 1950? Why should they now? Okay, neo-nazis aren't "Nazis", but ...

I think Trump would like a race war, or at least some high casualty confrontations. He's been trying to incite violence for over a year.
    Again, which of Trump's policies do you find racist?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Do you think that helping to spread this type of message will improve race relations or equality?
    The left doesn't want race relations to improve because it risks losing the minority vote for them
    Natural Immunity Croc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    I want to know if all the people who were in an uproar at A&E over the Duck Dynasty dad getting suspended for "expressing his religious beliefs" are also the ones getting totally offended by NFL players kneeling or sitting down.
    This is so true. I wish every entertainer would recognize that their place is to entertain. I don't care what they think about global warming, abortion, gas prices, which heartburn pill is most effective, or anything else. Shut up, entertain me, and be thankful that you get to pretend to be someone else, sing, or play a child's game for a living.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    While domestic violence and brain damage have not had the impacts of the kneeling they are still moving fans away and more importantly children away since their parents are not allowing them to play. Football's future is in flux right now IMO.

Let's not forget that there is a higher rate of DV amongst police officers than there is from NFL players. It's all about context and perspective. Someone is just pushing their agenda by making a big deal about star athletes. The rare of arrests by NFL players are all far lower than the average person of their race.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Again, which of Trump's policies do you find racist?
    I didn't call him a racist in this post, but whatever. Go there if you want.

Trump doesn't really have "policies". He tweets one hateful, asinine comment after another. He's either a racist at his core or he's using racist dog whistle rhetoric to find anyone dumb enough to believe in him.

Calling Mexican illegals rapists was overtly racist, and an outright lie. Attacking Kaepernick and the NFL out of the blue and calling him an SOB is not a dog whistle but a megaphone.

But it is often what he and others don't say that is most telling. For example, Kaepernick has shown a great deal of character through this whole mess and should be championed for his personal sacrifice. Why does everyone overlook that??? What he did was honorable and selfless and represents the highest traits an American can aspire to. He didn't do this to shine a spotlight on himself even though that's what it's become, but out of compassion and a sense of justice. He's a hero in my book.

Trump sees Kaepernick as an enemy and someone to be attacked. That tells you pretty much all you need to know his values. He's either a Nazi in his heart or he's a leader of Nazis. Take your pick.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (09-25-2017), DaneHill (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-25-2017)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I didn't call him a racist in this post, but whatever. Go there if you want.

Trump doesn't really have "policies". He tweets one hateful, asinine comment after another. He's either a racist at his core or he's using racist dog whistle rhetoric to find anyone dumb enough to believe in him.

Calling Mexican illegals rapists was overtly racist, and an outright lie. Attacking Kaepernick and the NFL out of the blue and calling him an SOB is not a dog whistle but a megaphone.

But it is often what he and others don't say that is most telling. For example, Kaepernick has shown a great deal of character through this whole mess and should be championed for his personal sacrifice. Why does everyone overlook that??? What he did was honorable and selfless and represents the highest traits an American can aspire to. He didn't do this to shine a spotlight on himself even though that's what it's become, but out of compassion and a sense of justice. He's a hero in my book.

Trump sees Kaepernick as an enemy and someone to be attacked. That tells you pretty much all you need to know his values. He's either a Nazi in his heart or he's a leader of Nazis. Take your pick.
    The dudes a hero in your book? There’s ways to protest without disrespecting an American flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Adam Best‏Verified account @adamcbest

Jared Kushner email situation won't become a scandal just like the Bush-Cheney-Rove emails didn't.

It was never the emails. It was Hillary.
    I mostly agree with you. I think that any official using their private email to conduct government business should lose the right of privacy to that private email account. We all know they are only doing it to get around FOIA requests. They work for us. This needs to stop, and it will be extremely hypocritical of Trump if he allows Kushner to get away with it after he attacked Hillary over the same issue.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Oh yeah, Puerto Rico

for those that had a Trumpgasm yesterday over my villifying Trump for lack of attention on Pueto Rico / Hurricane Maria

This is official WH website
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog

with no mention of Puerto Rico since September 22. Friday.
    Since then we have disinvited the Warriors feuded with Tom Brady, feuded with LeBron , once again ranted on about McCain for, doing his job.
    This however has his attention
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Sports fans should never condone players that do not stand proud for their National Anthem or their Country. NFL should change policy!
    6:25 PM - 24 Sep 2017

This is Monday

Donald Trump has not mentioned Puerto Rico since the day after Hurricane Maria brutally scourged the US territory. After making a trip to Alabama to call any athlete who takes part in peaceful protest a “son of a bitch” who should be fired, Trump doubled, tripled … pentadekaled down on that point by tweeting 15 times about his NFL hate. He’s also slipped in half a dozen mentions of the health care bill and even managed to talk about how nice the White House looks.

But three and a half million Americans, many of whom are without shelter, struggling to find clean water and food, who are living about without power, lacking communications with relatives, and still searching for loved ones they haven’t seen since before the storm—that doesn’t merit a word. Trump isn’t alone in his disdain and neglect. The grand total of time all five Sunday morning talk shows devoted to Puerto Rico as they gathered the great and the good to cover the issues of the day was less than one minute.

At least one person does seem to be paying attention.

Unfortunately, that person can’t order that ship into position—or order any of the thousands of steps that should have been taken to assist even before the storm struck.

Maria was a disaster. The aftermath of the storm is a crisis that’s rolling toward catastrophe as Donald Trump demonstrates a callous disregard for human life and a disdain for Americans outside the reach of his wall.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Kneeling is not disrespecting the flag
    It's ****ing kneeling. There are any number of other gestures they could make that would be disrespectful
    And let me show you why they are kneeling.

This is why the players take a knee. Because people like you turn a blind eye to this **** which enables these javkoffs to get away with it. Watch it, 100% compliant man who owns a small business, the cop tried to sweep his leg and falls down pushing the victim. The 3 cops them get on top of him and start beating him. If that's not bad enough they charge him with felony assault. Keep in mind this guy was the victim of a false 911 call by his son who was mad that he grounded him. The players are.kneelimg because there are tens of thousands of people like this guy in prison now whose only crime was not being on camera when the cops decided to beat and frame them.

Any of you watch this and tell me the cops did nothing wrong. Not only were the cops not charged, they didn't even get a slap on the wrist, and to top it off despite this video and losing a lawsuit to the time of 1.6 million dollars the police still say they did nothing wrong.

In a country where this is the norm, players should be commended for only taking a knee and not encouraging 'll out war against the police like I do. Good lord you people would have **** on German athletes taking a knee during the holocaust.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

57Brave (09-25-2017), DaneHill (09-27-2017), jpx7 (09-25-2017), Runnin (09-25-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Returning to politics, I think the exclusively Muslim nature of the initial list (accompanied by comments such as the one from Giuliani that Trump asked him to come up with a Muslim ban that would pass legal muster) made that initial ban highly problematic from a legal perspective. Subsequent versions, including this one, have resolved some of these problems.
    The strength of that legal perspective should be illustrated well by the fact that it wasn't used in arguments to the Supreme Court.
    Last edited by Hawk; 09-25-2017 at 09:44 AM.