Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I Know -I Know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    50pound,

What happens in that movement when they blow their stipend and don't get healthcare/ins/ food with that stipend? Is there another safety net? Are we going to be "callous" with them after that? I'd be interested to know.
    Thats the real question. Is it then ok to say that we've given what is deemed appropriate and therefore they should deal with the bed they have made?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    50pound,

What happens in that movement when they blow their stipend and don't get healthcare/ins/ food with that stipend? Is there another safety net? Are we going to be "callous" with them after that? I'd be interested to know.
    The idea 50 mentions is intriguing, but your question is one of the reasons why I don't think this stipend plan is ultimately a great idea. I think providing fundamental services at public expense is a better use of public coffers than a stipend.

Provide what is necessary; let people work for their (and even tax their) luxuries.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (11-22-2013)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    50pound,

What happens in that movement when they blow their stipend ON DRUGS OR ALCHOHOL and don't get healthcare/ins/ food with that stipend? Is there another safety net? Are we going to be "callous" with them after that? I'd be interested to know.
    Sorry had to fix that for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    The idea 50 mentions is intriguing, but your question is one of the reasons why I don't think this stipend plan is ultimately a great idea. I think providing fundamental services at public expense is a better use of public coffers than a stipend.

Provide what is necessary; let people work for their (and even tax their) luxuries.
    you see, I do have some liberalism in me, I do not mind helping those who really need it, but seeing freeloaders with Caddy Escalades and their kids wearing $200 pair of Nikes makes me wonder where the hell they get their free money. If you want these luxuries, pay for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    you see, I do have some liberalism in me, I do not mind helping those who really need it, but seeing freeloaders with Caddy Escalades and their kids wearing $200 pair of Nikes makes me wonder where the hell they get their free money. If you want these luxuries, pay for them.
    And, if you made these people work for their benefits you would all of a sudden see them be more motivated to get some jobs.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    50pound,

You'd have to ask those who are promoting it. My guess is, "Sorry bud. You blew your stipend. Soup line is over there." I think where Murray is coming from (seeing Friedman can't go anywhere anymore) is that you give people a stipend to consume in the free market instead of having to consume from particular government "nanny state" programs (had to throw in "nanny state" because I know you guys like that term. LOL.).

The folks at place like the Mises Institute don't care for this because it's still government money. I think Murray likes it because he believes it will provide basic necessities and dismantle the welfare state dispensary. Instead of getting food stamps, you'd get money for food. Blow it on drugs, you don't get any food.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Baiting Meta there aren't you?
    thank you weso1!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    What I'd do:
    First. fix the retail aspect: on assistance with aid you can only get this and this. No shrimp, smokes etc. only these product upcs will scan. No way around it. Store brands as much as possible. Get all the companies and technology people together and unlike the Obamacare rollout make sure it works

Second. Make it a real crime for stores/people that abuse the system. If a store engages in trading cash for food stamps pull the stores liqour license. If a person tries to sell Thier aid for cash, 30 days in jail.

Third. Make the people that are physically able to do something, do something even if it is only in Thier neighborhood: paint, pick up trash, habitat for humanity etc. make them sign in.

As a fascist I'm against this one but it needs to be done:
    Fourth. Offer financial rewards to students that excel. give kids on aid $1000 for graduating highschool on time. for grades 8 and up $200 every year they complete the year with a 3.5 gpa or higher. Let them know there's rewards for doing the right thing. give the parents the same money as the kids so they make actually care and are invested. Any kid that completes the calendar year with only missing 5 or less school days regardless of Thier GpA $200. Any violent offenses, drug offenses, guns etc regardless of the kids gpa makes them ineiligble for any rewards

Fifth: all families and Thier kids 12 and up, need to attend programs twice a year on personal finance. Teach them about credit, taxes, how to live within your means. Have job fairs there. Make it mandatory.

Sixth. Actually increase aid for people who have had the same consistent job for over 12 months. Take the increase away if they quit or get fired. That may seem off, but at least this person is working and paying some kind of tax. Reward them for actually trying and doing the right thing.

The problem can't be fixed. You can't pull aid from La Disha because she might be crap but what about her kids? Do they deserve to be screwed?

The only way that I possibly see any improvements is by letting the kids know about the importance of school and education. I would think, that today, the kids in the inner city that excel at school don't suddenly turn gangster when high school is over with. They go onto a secondary school. The object is to get more kids on that path. A decent percent of kids on aid will turn out to be pieces of ****, it's one big cycle. I personally think any highschool kid convicted of a serious gun, violence, assault, drug charge should automatically be inelgibile to play any highschool sports

The liberals will never vote to penalize LaKiesha even if she has four kids from four different guys by the age of 18.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (11-22-2013), FreemanFan (11-30-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    What I'd do:

The liberals will never vote to penalize LaKiesha even if she has four kids from four different guys by the age of 18.
    It would take away from their voting block. Keep'em dumb, they will vote for you.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    What I'd do:
    First. fix the retail aspect: on assistance with aid you can only get this and this. No shrimp, smokes etc. only these product upcs will scan. No way around it. Store brands as much as possible. Get all the companies and technology people together and unlike the Obamacare rollout make sure it works

Second. Make it a real crime for stores/people that abuse the system. If a store engages in trading cash for food stamps pull the stores liqour license. If a person tries to sell Thier aid for cash, 30 days in jail.

Third. Make the people that are physically able to do something, do something even if it is only in Thier neighborhood: paint, pick up trash, habitat for humanity etc. make them sign in.

As a fascist I'm against this one but it needs to be done:
    Fourth. Offer financial rewards to students that excel. give kids on aid $1000 for graduating highschool on time. for grades 8 and up $200 every year they complete the year with a 3.5 gpa or higher. Let them know there's rewards for doing the right thing. give the parents the same money as the kids so they make actually care and are invested. Any kid that completes the calendar year with only missing 5 or less school days regardless of Thier GpA $200. Any violent offenses, drug offenses, guns etc regardless of the kids gpa makes them ineiligble for any rewards

Fifth: all families and Thier kids 12 and up, need to attend programs twice a year on personal finance. Teach them about credit, taxes, how to live within your means. Have job fairs there. Make it mandatory.

Sixth. Actually increase aid for people who have had the same consistent job for over 12 months. Take the increase away if they quit or get fired. That may seem off, but at least this person is working and paying some kind of tax. Reward them for actually trying and doing the right thing.

The problem can't be fixed. You can't pull aid from La Disha because she might be crap but what about her kids? Do they deserve to be screwed?

The only way that I possibly see any improvements is by letting the kids know about the importance of school and education. I would think, that today, the kids in the inner city that excel at school don't suddenly turn gangster when high school is over with. They go onto a secondary school. The object is to get more kids on that path. A decent percent of kids on aid will turn out to be pieces of ****, it's one big cycle. I personally think any highschool kid convicted of a serious gun, violence, assault, drug charge should automatically be inelgibile to play any highschool sports

In the promotion of racial balance, I'll have to mention that Peggy Sue McMethmouth should be accorded the same treatment.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Krgrecw do you think only black people are on welfare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Krgrecw do you think only black people are on welfare?
    The ones he is mentioning are, and I am not going to defend him as he does have racists tendencies like myself, but you cannot refute what he said.

Blacks come in three groups and sadly enough it depends on where you brought up from. Not 100 percent but close to it.

Those from the burbs are more educated, have two parent homes and pretty much good in school.

Those from small towns like myself, are like the above but at a lower level, lets say above is 100%, small towns are like 80%.

Those from the hood, you might get 10 to 20 percent that falls in the two categories above, but that is pushing it.

As with whites, trade hood with trailer parks, same outcome, different circumstances, you will have crime, but in different aspects.

The alarming issue is that black leaders including the president himself do not want to address these issues, because keeping blacks down or an object they can exploit, means more money in their pockets. You can see this by how they pick and choose their battles. If you bring up black on black crime or worse black on white crime, you will get crickets, but if you see a white person do something against a black person, all hands on deck approach. This sickens me and this is why we will continue to have racism in this country. Until our black leaders grow a pair and look at ourselves in the mirror, maybe we can have a better standing against our white brethren. I live in an almost all white community and have only encountered one issue with my race and that person got a ear full from it from me, my wife and my wife friends. They did not know better and now we are friends. He thought I was freeloading off my wife and that I was in between jobs, fathered kids out of wedlock, running from the law and other nonsense, but when I took in his words, I understood where he was coming from that this is how he viewed blacks. If we do not give him fodder to see us as he thought, then it would never come up, but in the end he was right a lot of blacks fit his view.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    I know a white LaKiesa. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    I know a white LaKiesa. I don't know what you guys are talking about.
    Let me guess, she is pushing 3 bills on the scale, correct?