Thread: Iran

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Some **** never changes.

I'm so ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone...........

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Some **** never changes.

In fairness, the Iranian youth have access to connect to everyone around the world via internet. In North Korea, people have no idea what goes on outside their own borders. Their system of information and traffic literally is in the stoneage. I mean I think when North Korea played in the World Cup a few years ago there were radio stations from the state telling the people North Korea dominated the competition.

Just watch the interviews with North Korean escapees, like the guy on 60 minutes. The first time he'd ever seen the technological stuff we take for granted everyday.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Obama dropped the ball but not helping the people overthrow the gov't of Iran when they rose up a few years back. If that would had happened; Iraq would be a safer country, Assad would be long gone, Putin would have less power, the Middle East as a whole would be safer and better.

The people of Iran are the most pro-america out of any country in the Middle East excluding Israel. You control Iran, you basically control the Middle East. The Saudis don't want no drama, they'd be all for a regime change in Iran

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Obama dropped the ball but not helping the people overthrow the gov't of Iran when they rose up a few years back. If that would had happened; Iraq would be a safer country, Assad would be long gone, Putin would have less power, the Middle East as a whole would be safer and better.

The people of Iran are the most pro-america out of any country in the Middle East excluding Israel. You control Iran, you basically control the Middle East. The Saudis don't want no drama, they'd be all for a regime change in Iran

:sigh

since it is obvious you have thought about this

and have 20/20 vision on this event, what should he have done to help the people of Iran overthrow the gov't?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

I'm with goldfly. Cant prove the negative, but the converse of everything you contend may have happened instead. And, if a coup had failed, good luck trying to get any change ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I will be shocked if this has any real long term impact. This to me smells of a political play by the president to take some heat off of the Obamacare disaster. In the president's defense he really doesn't have a strong hand here. Clearly we don't need to get involved in another war. What would this mess be like if Iraq was still a major player I wonder?
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I agree it's a work-in-progress and it's likely going to involve more action on the part of Iran that they are willing to undertake. As cynical as I am, I don't see this as purposeful deflection from the healthcare fiasco. There's just been too much going on internationally on this front for me to believe that. In fact, this is no big political boon to the Democrats, as the Israel lobby is going to be all over this in the opposite direction.